Tenet Resigns

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121665,00.html

CIA Director Tenet to Resign

Thursday, June 03, 2004

WASHINGTON — CIA Director George Tenet submitted his letter of resignation Thursday, President Bush announced.

Bush said he met with Tenet on Wednesday night in the White House. Tenet said he was resigning for personal reasons.

• Banned
The libs will say this is a sign of how bad things are getting for the administration. I think It's a master stroke, designed to pull kerry back to the left, thus into disfavor with most americans, by chumming the water full of blood and hoping Kerry will attack, showing his true lib colors.

• Banned
Originally posted by -=d=-
must be due to Al Gore! :)

You mean al gore, the self styled mannequin of unconvincingly presented ideological rage?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
The libs will say this is a sign of how bad things are getting for the administration. I think It's a master stroke, designed to pull kerry back to the left, thus into disfavor with most americans, by chumming the water full of blood and hoping Kerry will attack, showing his true lib colors.

Actually, I think his resignation is most likely due to the fact that Senate Intelligence Committee will soon be releasing a report on the CIA's prewar intelligence.

Wow, I sure was surprised to see this news this morning. My ex lives across the street from him in Maryland and used to babysit his kids. She has always said that he's the nicest guy.

• Banned
Originally posted by nycflasher
Actually, I think his resignation is most likely due to the fact that Senate Intelligence Committee will soon be releasing a report on the CIA's prewar intelligence.

Wow, I sure was surprised to see this news this morning. My ex lives across the street from him in Maryland and used to babysit his kids. She has always said that he's the nicest guy.

Maybe related. Maybe he's just tired of the whole thing. It's disgusting how libs are trying to destoy this administration. And you're their little lackey monkey snot boy.

It's disgusting how libs are trying to destoy this administration.

All 100 million+ of us are hellbent on "destoy-ing" America and this admin?
Riiiight....

• Banned
All 100 million+ of us are hellbent on "destoy-ing" America and this admin?
Riiiight....

Considering you're on the same play book as al quaeda, it looks to be, yep.

Considering you're on the same play book as al quaeda, it looks to be, yep.

Oh, you have a copy of AQ's playbook? Maybe you could share it with the rest of us...

Oh, you have a copy of AQ's playbook? Maybe you could share it with the rest of us...

Just tune in to John Kerry and his lies, kool-aid boy.

I think its been about time. I mean nothing against tenet and all we just need a change.

If i was him i'd have resigned awhile ago just because of all the Bullshit people have put him through. His PreWar intelligence is beginning to be proven accurate thanks to the Saddams files but his name is mud thanks to all the Dems accusations of it being faulty.

When Tenet says the WMD intelligence is a "slam dunk" case and it turns out that there aren't any wmd, its over for him imo.

rwa, if us libs think about nothing else but destroying America, how come we haven't done it by now? we make up 50% of the country.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
When Tenet says the WMD intelligence is a "slam dunk" case and it turns out that there aren't any wmd, its over for him imo.

rwa, if us libs think about nothing else but destroying America, how come we haven't done it by now? we make up 50% of the country.

Bosh. There are only about 33% of Americans who are registered Democrats. Of those only about a third consider themselves liberal. Its that 10% thats seeking to destroy America.

The problem is, they have already destroyed alot of what was good.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew

You're remedial and need more time. Like the cp kids in middle school.

What I find most fascinating about Tenet's tenure as Director is the fact that he served both the Clinton and Bush administrations. In fact, I believe this resignation has been coming for a while now as he has expressed his desire to do so in the past but was talked into staying on by Bush.

That whole "slam-dunk" quote from Woodward's book in addition to all of the terror attacks on Americans since '97 provide ample reasons for his resignation.

And now we have 'Merlin'. Maybe he can pull OBL out of a hat.;)

I actually heard someone, maybe Cavuto, throw Guliani's name out there as a possible successor. Not sure how I feel about that one, but as a New Yorker his efforts his last year in office were certainly appreciated!

I think Chalabi was the last straw. I think he was given a serious talk at the end of which he decided to resign. Just my opinion.

True, none of the intelligence failures may have been his fault, but they are his responsibility.

What I find most fascinating about Tenet's tenure as Director is the fact that he served both the Clinton and Bush administrations. In fact, I believe this resignation has been coming for a while now as he has expressed his desire to do so in the past but was talked into staying on by Bush.

That whole "slam-dunk" quote from Woodward's book in addition to all of the terror attacks on Americans since '97 provide ample reasons for his resignation.

And now we have 'Merlin'. Maybe he can pull OBL out of a hat.;)

I actually heard someone, maybe Cavuto, throw Guliani's name out there as a possible successor. Not sure how I feel about that one, but as a New Yorker his efforts his last year in office were certainly appreciated!

Giuliani kicks ass, for a wop.

Forum List

Back