The stain...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    <center><b>"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself."</i></b></center>

This is a lesson in liberty, amongst many others, that Dubbyuh and his band of thugs have chosen to ignore. With the abuses perpetrated in Afghanistan, Iraq and GITMO...The innocents rounded up indiscriminately, with no judicial review...American citizens detained indefinitely by presidential fiat...Assassinations carried out against suspected terrorists outside the purview of any oversight.

Despite Dubbyuh's stated commitment to the promotion of individual rights and freedoms, his record speaks otherwise. Under Dubbyuh's administration, basic rights to liberty and due process have been denied and secret assassination of suspected terrorists have become the norm. This Administration is the greatest enemy the Republic, and the Constitution it is built upon, have ever faced. It is time to remove this stain on American's heritage of freedom before those freedoms are gone for ever. It matters not if it is by ballot or impeachment, but the sooner...the better.

And my hats off to you if you know the author of the quote.

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Maybe he needs to do his white laundry? :D

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    It's a quote from Thomas Paine. He's got several great ones from the founding father days that maybe should be paid close attention to.

Thomas Paine Quotes

some of my favorites include:

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right."

"Character is much easier kept than recovered."

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church."

And of course the best one of his ever:

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

4. KLSuddeth

KLSuddeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    DK:

I havent had my daily offering of Starbucks yet, so Im a bit slow.
    Point, please?

5. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    any specific one?

6. KLSuddeth

KLSuddeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "No disrespect intended sir, but shove it up your ass."

-Lanyce Suddeth

7. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    The quote was, and kudos to DK, Thomas Paine from "<i>The Rights of Man</i>". In case you were sleeping in your history class, he was one of America's first patriots.

If Dubbyuh steals another election, I'll go underground and join the fight restore the Constitution and the Republic Dubbyuh and his merry band seem intent on dismantling.

As for silly posters, you need look no farther than the nearest mirror.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    All recounts showed bush won. That's the fact of the matter. Why do you still believe proven lies?

9. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    We offer our enemies justice. If they refuse us with force, we give them justice. I doubt Mr. Paine would object to our infringement of the constitutional rights of enemy combatants and foreign terrorists, because they have no rights under our Constitution. I'll bet Thomas Paine, unlike some others, was rational enough to understand the realities of our times.

At any rate, I believe he was referring to political enemies and the danger of subverting legitimate political dissent.

More dangerous than fascism and international terrorism? Right.

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Bertrand Russell, while a genius, was also a sick fuck who drove his son insane by sleeping with his son's wife.