The stain...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><b>"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself."</i></b></center>

This is a lesson in liberty, amongst many others, that Dubbyuh and his band of thugs have chosen to ignore. With the abuses perpetrated in Afghanistan, Iraq and GITMO...The innocents rounded up indiscriminately, with no judicial review...American citizens detained indefinitely by presidential fiat...Assassinations carried out against suspected terrorists outside the purview of any oversight.

Despite Dubbyuh's stated commitment to the promotion of individual rights and freedoms, his record speaks otherwise. Under Dubbyuh's administration, basic rights to liberty and due process have been denied and secret assassination of suspected terrorists have become the norm. This Administration is the greatest enemy the Republic, and the Constitution it is built upon, have ever faced. It is time to remove this stain on American's heritage of freedom before those freedoms are gone for ever. It matters not if it is by ballot or impeachment, but the sooner...the better.

And my hats off to you if you know the author of the quote.

It's a quote from Thomas Paine. He's got several great ones from the founding father days that maybe should be paid close attention to.

Thomas Paine Quotes

some of my favorites include:

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right."

"Character is much easier kept than recovered."

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church."

And of course the best one of his ever:

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

DK:

I havent had my daily offering of Starbucks yet, so Im a bit slow.
Point, please?

"No disrespect intended sir, but shove it up your ass."

-Lanyce Suddeth

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Man Bully, you dont even know the author of the story, no link?
Must be real credible!

Are you going to be one of those people that leave the US if Bush is re-elected? That would kind of suck as there would be no posters left on this board as silly as you!

The quote was, and kudos to DK, Thomas Paine from "<i>The Rights of Man</i>". In case you were sleeping in your history class, he was one of America's first patriots.

If Dubbyuh steals another election, I'll go underground and join the fight restore the Constitution and the Republic Dubbyuh and his merry band seem intent on dismantling.

As for silly posters, you need look no farther than the nearest mirror.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit

If Dubbyuh steals another election,

All recounts showed bush won. That's the fact of the matter. Why do you still believe proven lies?

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself."

We offer our enemies justice. If they refuse us with force, we give them justice. I doubt Mr. Paine would object to our infringement of the constitutional rights of enemy combatants and foreign terrorists, because they have no rights under our Constitution. I'll bet Thomas Paine, unlike some others, was rational enough to understand the realities of our times.

At any rate, I believe he was referring to political enemies and the danger of subverting legitimate political dissent.

BP
This Administration is the greatest enemy the Republic, and the Constitution it is built upon, have ever faced.

More dangerous than fascism and international terrorism? Right.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
It's a quote from Thomas Paine. He's got several great ones from the founding father days that maybe should be paid close attention to.

Thomas Paine Quotes

some of my favorites include:

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right."

"Character is much easier kept than recovered."

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church."

And of course the best one of his ever:

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

Bertrand Russell, while a genius, was also a sick fuck who drove his son insane by sleeping with his son's wife.

The quote was, and kudos to DK, Thomas Paine from "<i>The Rights of Man</i>". In case you were sleeping in your history class, he was one of America's first patriots.

If Dubbyuh steals another election, I'll go underground and join the fight restore the Constitution and the Republic Dubbyuh and his merry band seem intent on dismantling.

As for silly posters, you need look no farther than the nearest mirror.

What did i tell you? The left is freaking out and they are ready to start a rebellion when Bush wins again.

Seems to me Thomas Paine said something about "summer soldiers and sunshine patriots", too. Remember when Kerry and company were all gung-ho about the WOT? This, of course, was before the WOT became such a motherlode of political capital. Soulless bastards.

Originally posted by musicman
Seems to me Thomas Paine said something about "summer soldiers and sunshine patriots", too. Remember when Kerry and company were all gung-ho about the WOT? This, of course, was before the WOT became such a motherlode of political capital. Soulless bastards.

Actually, I think you've mistaken them for Dubbyuh. He's been sowing fear to reap political hay since 9/12/01. And he is a soulless bastard, You don't see any mirrors around him now do you? ;)

Originally posted by Avatar4321
What did i tell you? The left is freaking out and they are ready to start a rebellion when Bush wins again.

You're so cute when you talk like that. I hear the other ucky people calling you. :)

Actually, I think you've mistaken them for Dubbyuh. He's been sowing fear to reap political hay since 9/12/01. And he is a soulless bastard, You don't see any mirrors around him now do you? ;)

Look campers! Its the spring mating song of the USMB troll bird. WOW look at its brilliant colors!

[This is a lesson in liberty, amongst many others, that Dubbyuh and his band of thugs have chosen to ignore. With the abuses perpetrated in Afghanistan, Iraq and GITMO...The innocents rounded up indiscriminately, with no judicial review...American citizens detained indefinitely by presidential fiat...Assassinations carried out against suspected terrorists outside the purview of any oversight.

Despite Dubbyuh's stated commitment to the promotion of individual rights and freedoms, his record speaks otherwise. Under Dubbyuh's administration, basic rights to liberty and due process have been denied and secret assassination of suspected terrorists have become the norm. This Administration is the greatest enemy the Republic, and the Constitution it is built upon, have ever faced. It is time to remove this stain on American's heritage of freedom before those freedoms are gone for ever. It matters not if it is by ballot or impeachment, but the sooner...the better.

Wow Fullybullshit, - I mean Bullypulpit (why do I keep confusing that?) you've really outdone yourself in the bomb-throwing rhetoric department this time.

Why don't you take a minute from your compassionate concerns for terrorists and take a moment to remember the thousands who were murdered by them. But I suppose that in your blind, rabid and irrational hatred for Pres. Bush you will seize any pretense, no matter how flimsy, to rail against the president and his administration. Like most flaming libs, you have taken a matchstick and built it into a bonfire. You scream about "abuses" where they do not even exist. So what if innocents have been detained. Tough shit. We're at war. The innocents should be grateful that they were detained by us instead of shot by others. Perhaps we should draft a battalion of shysters to send off with every military contingent to assure idiots here at home that we fully respect the rights of our enemies. And where do you come off characterizing the killing of terrorist leaders as "assasinations"? These people were not assasinated any more than if they had been shot by a sniper on a battlefield, because that is in fact what is happening.

You know the thing I find most disgusting about you is not in the outrageous comments you delight in making, but in the fact that you make them simply to weaken the president. You don the mantle of righteous indignation when in fact your purpose is simply an ill-disguised, self-serving effort to return to power the morally bankrupt Democratic party.

As far as your comment about going uderground, please do. There's plenty of vermin there to keep you company.

And now, campers, we are privileged to witness one of the most remarkable phenomena in all of nature. The USMB troll bird will now insert it's head fully into it's anus!

<center><b>"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself."</i></b></center>

This is a lesson in liberty, amongst many others, that Dubbyuh and his band of thugs have chosen to ignore. With the abuses perpetrated in Afghanistan, Iraq and GITMO...The innocents rounded up indiscriminately, with no judicial review...American citizens detained indefinitely by presidential fiat...Assassinations carried out against suspected terrorists outside the purview of any oversight.

And my hats off to you if you know the author of the quote.

You've still failed to show us anyone that has succesfully had their rights taken away under Bush's watch that hasnt been a terrorist or a terrorist aide. All this talk of taking away your rights is Bull. You really think you'd be speaking right now if Bush had setup the kind of Facist government you keep speaking of?

Terrorists are enemy combatants that don't fall under the jurisdiction of any nation. Therefore they have no rights. Even with that we still treat them like POWs. Maybe you should actually take a look at Guantanamo instead of throwing baseless accusations like you always do. Hell some of those prisoners get treated better than everyday citizens what with barbecues and regular showers and comfy beds. All this of course is a tactic to gain information. Anything that works. If you have to make them feel at ease to save american lives, then do it. If you have to bend their finger nails back to save American lives, then do it.

Forum List

Back