Tempe police reportedly asked to leave Starbucks

You can't possibly be suggesting that cops don't do dirty things each and every day can you?

If you read my posts earlier in this thread you would know my position on this.

There are 1000,000 threads hear, no one reads every post in every thread. If you have something to say, say it. You are not so important that we are gonna reviews all your posts. Good fuckin' grief.

Then don’t read stuff into my posts that are not there. Tell you what, don’t ever call the cops for any reason, because they might just randomly beat you up and shoot you.

Agree.

I called them one time because of a break in at my store. They MADE me walk in first as they, with their guns and armored vests followed. Another time one of my guys was chasing a thief up the street as teh thief LITERALLY ran right by a cop while we we screaming for him to stop him. I asked him why he did not later. He told me he was old and only a year from retirement and did not do that kind of stuff anymore,.
Another time they came to my store to sell me "shield." It's a decal you put of your window. They explained how sometimes a window is broken in the middle of the night but that with a "shield" that was not likely to happen.

Should I go on? Because I got more.

I really don’t care. I also have had dealings with the police. No big deal.

no big deal? wtf?????????? shake downs are ok? not doing your job is ok?

omfg

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Borges declined to comment about any disciplinary actions.

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

Not that you care but this"story" is confirmed by no one. This is based on a tweet from a cop, maybe, who is most certainly a victomized TRumpet mentality.

But you go get all girl about this nonsense. It's what orange idol worshipers do.
you are an idiot worshipper since you love idiocy so much

Lots of videos of cops shooting people or beating them, or planting evidence on them with no justification whatsoever. It's reasonable for people are scared of the cops.

Lol! That is the most ignorant post in a long times. Thanks for the laugh.

You can't possibly be suggesting that cops don't do dirty things each and every day can you?

There are 1000,000 threads hear, no one reads every post in every thread. If you have something to say, say it. You are not so important that we are gonna reviews all your posts. Good fuckin' grief.

Then don’t read stuff into my posts that are not there. Tell you what, don’t ever call the cops for any reason, because they might just randomly beat you up and shoot you.

That has happened to many people who called the cops.

I was carjacked by a Mexican invader a few years ago. The police were impeccable. They were kind and understanding. The jacker was caught in 20 minutes and the cops were even nice to him.

My dad injured himself quite badly and caused the bathroom to be drenched in blood. The police came with the EMTs and cleaned it all up. If you give an attitude to the police you deserve what you get.

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

Lots of videos of cops shooting people or beating them, or planting evidence on them with no justification whatsoever. It's reasonable for people are scared of the cops.
Usually if you feel uncomfortable around cops, means you're guilty of something.

Said the person who was never treated unfairly by ass hole cops.
Lol, oh bullshit I haven't, but I'm not going to broad brush all of them for a few bad ones.

Of course you won't You keep that broad brush busy on people who don't agree with you on every subject.

I wonder how the dumbass would feel if they were being robbed and the police stayed outside and just watched it all go down. I mean they wouldn't want to come into a place they weren't wanted would they?

I was carjacked by a Mexican invader a few years ago. The police were impeccable. They were kind and understanding. The jacker was caught in 20 minutes and the cops were even nice to him.

My dad injured himself quite badly and caused the bathroom to be drenched in blood. The police came with the EMTs and cleaned it all up. If you give an attitude to the police you deserve what you get.

A few cops did their admittedly hard job as they were supposed to, so that means there are no bad cops. Good to know.

I wonder how the dumbass would feel if they were being robbed and the police stayed outside and just watched it all go down. I mean they wouldn't want to come into a place they weren't wanted would they?

You say that as if a cop not doing his job because he just doesn't want to is perfectly normal. Lots of cops would agree with you. How many other professions do you think should have that option?

Don’t feel too sorry for the Tempe Police, the city is run by rabid liberals. If Planned Parenthood calls the police on a peaceful protester there will be three squad cars there in 30 seconds, but real emergencies go unanswered for hours.

Agree.

I called them one time because of a break in at my store. They MADE me walk in first as they, with their guns and armored vests followed. Another time one of my guys was chasing a thief up the street as teh thief LITERALLY ran right by a cop while we we screaming for him to stop him. I asked him why he did not later. He told me he was old and only a year from retirement and did not do that kind of stuff anymore,.
Another time they came to my store to sell me "shield." It's a decal you put of your window. They explained how sometimes a window is broken in the middle of the night but that with a "shield" that was not likely to happen.

Should I go on? Because I got more.

I really don’t care. I also have had dealings with the police. No big deal.

no big deal? wtf?????????? shake downs are ok? not doing your job is ok?

omfg

I don’t trust what you say is true, hell you think that if a person doesn’t like Starbucks they are uneducated, classless and ignorant. Talk about out of touch.

Lol! That is the most ignorant post in a long times. Thanks for the laugh.

Like I told you earlier don’t ever call them, your problem is solved. I have worked with the police before, some were a good experiences, some not. Like going to Starbucks, I have had good and bad experiences there, not going condemn the whole chain for a few.

...if you do the research and can understand 4th grade math, you should be fearful of BLACKS--not cops [ and not white supremacists either ]
...blacks murder/kill/rob at MUCH MUCH higher rates than cops [ hahahahahhaha-you don't even have to research it--it's basic, common sense ]
these people prove beyond a doubt that they are idiots and/or racists

The Dry Cleaner called. They were able to get the soot stains out of your White Robes, but that grease stain in your brown shirt just won't come out.

Ha...........Ha............Ha.................Ha

Another liberal living in la la land with no common sense

hahahahahahha
you must be another 4th grade drop out
....you would have to be a real dumbass/racist to be fearful of cops and not blacks
...that's some crazy, out of this world-mind dumbass shit

I work with two black folks every day. Neither one of them has ever threatened me. I know, it's amazing.

And here's the thing. Most cops are good guys.

And about 1% of them are bad apples like Van Dyke, Slager, Loehmann, Wilson.

The problem is, they don't have badges that say, "Racist Bully with a gun"

I can tell you one thing they’d whip your ass if it came down to it. And you’re at work on the street they wouldn’t take up for you if you where getting your beta ass kicked by other blacks. Or maybe the are nice black gentleman remember it’s not all not all but most.

I think the police really didn't handle this correctly. When the barista told the police that a particular patron wanted them to leave, the police should have done what they would have done here. Go over and talk to the citizen and find out what her problem was with the police. She may have not "felt safe" because she intended to rob the place or engage in drug abuse or prostitution in the toilet.

A police stop and confrontation , where she could be id'ed, searched for weapons in her bodily cavities, etc., could be fruitful

EXACTLY--thank you!!!!!
here's my post--you must not be able to comprehend basic English:
''''if you do the research and can understand 4th grade math, you should be fearful of BLACKS--not cops''''

Why. A cop can shoot me and probably get away with it... a black person is lucky if he only gets arrested for what he actually did...

I live in a state where the cops put 15 people on death row for crimes they didn't commit.

How you know they didn’t do it where you a witness in the murders?

Like I told you earlier don’t ever call them, your problem is solved. I have worked with the police before, some were a good experiences, some not. Like going to Starbucks, I have had good and bad experiences there, not going condemn the whole chain for a few.

Hey ass orifice, I never condemned all officers, ever. Certainly not in this thread, you meatball.
Don'y call them? We freakin pay them but don't call them?
Go F yourself.

Usually if you feel uncomfortable around cops, means you're guilty of something.

Lol, oh bullshit I haven't, but I'm not going to broad brush all of them for a few bad ones.

Of course you won't You keep that broad brush busy on people who don't agree with you on every subject.

A lot like your broad brush you paint cops with.

A lot like your broad brush you paint cops with.
Don't forget about Christians.

You say that as if a cop not doing his job because he just doesn't want to is perfectly normal. Lots of cops would agree with you. How many other professions do you think should have that option?

I didn't say anything of the sort, dipshit. Learn to read for pity sake.

I didn't say anything of the sort, dipshit. Learn to read for pity sake.

Well, what would you call it if a cop just stayed outside and watched a crime happen?

Forum List

Back