Tempe police reportedly asked to leave Starbucks

Who wants the unpleasantness of sitting next to the police? Does anybody here want to sit right next to them in a restaurant?

I wouldn't care either way. Why do you consider sitting next to a police officer unpleasant?

Haven't you seen how most cops act in their official capacity nowadays? Not very appetizing.

What exactly is it that you think police officers DO while drinking a cup of coffee that's not very appetizing? What's wrong with you? Is it the uniform? Does someone wearing a uniform freak you out THAT much? I'm thinking the person with a problem is you...not the Police!

Once AGAIN ---- it's not "what they do while drinking a cup of coffee". That's perfectly innocuous. It's what they MIGHT do at any given moment with no warning at all, that tends to interrupt the flow of my day.

The act of sitting in a café drinking coffee is sublime, even blissful. Having to constantly look over one's shoulder while doing that kind of buzzkills the whole shebang.
You are an idiot! To serve and protect. If the waiter has to step out, the cop will serve you.

Who wants the unpleasantness of sitting next to the police? Does anybody here want to sit right next to them in a restaurant?

I wouldn't care either way. Why do you consider sitting next to a police officer unpleasant?

Haven't you seen how most cops act in their official capacity nowadays? Not very appetizing.

What exactly is it that you think police officers DO while drinking a cup of coffee that's not very appetizing? What's wrong with you? Is it the uniform? Does someone wearing a uniform freak you out THAT much? I'm thinking the person with a problem is you...not the Police!

Once AGAIN ---- it's not "what they do while drinking a cup of coffee". That's perfectly innocuous. It's what they MIGHT do at any given moment with no warning at all, that tends to interrupt the flow of my day.

The act of sitting in a café drinking coffee is sublime, even blissful. Having to constantly look over one's shoulder while doing that kind of buzzkills the whole shebang.
You are an idiot! To serve and protect. If the waiter has to step out, the cop will serve you.

Ever notice that sentence never carries a direct object?

Let's complete it, shall we?

"To serve and protect ourselves when one of us fucks up".

Guess there isn't room on the car door to fit all that in.

Sitting next to Police officers is "unpleasant"? WTF is wrong with you people?

It's called "experience". Gitchew some.

I grew up knowing Police officers. They're people...just like everyone else! Police just happen to have a job where they have to put up with people at their very worst! This string is turning into farce!

Say --- shouldn't you be over in this thread claiming "lalala that never happened and anyway the victims were asking for it"?

Thank me later.

I grew up knowing Police officers. They're people...just like everyone else! Police just happen to have a job where they have to put up with people at their very worst! This string is turning into farce!

Say --- shouldn't you be over in this thread claiming "lalala that never happened and anyway the victims were asking for it"?

Thank me later.

"Lalala...never happened"? Lalala is about all you've got at this point, Pogo...that and your laughably unbelievable stories about the mean way that the Police have treated you in the past for absolutely no reason!!!!

You talk about "experience"? I've had a life time of experience with Police officers. I've found most of them to be good people who do an extremely demanding and dangerous job. This nonsense by people like you and Quick Hit that they are "unpleasant" simply because they are sitting in a coffee shop having a cup of coffee simply shows YOUR mindset...not theirs!

Thank me later.

"Lalala...never happened"? Lalala is about all you've got at this point, Pogo...that and your laughably unbelievable stories about the mean way that the Police have treated you in the past for absolutely no reason!!!!

You talk about "experience"? I've had a life time of experience with Police officers. I've found most of them to be good people who do an extremely demanding and dangerous job. This nonsense by people like you and Quick Hit that they are "unpleasant" simply because they are sitting in a coffee shop having a cup of coffee simply shows YOUR mindset...not theirs!

Grow some cojones and show up in that thread, and try to get away with what you tried to get away with here.

Thank me later.

Grow some cojones and show up in that thread, and try to get away with what you tried to get away with here.

Lalala is you showing balls? LOL Well aren't you the internet tough guy! (eye roll)

Thank me later.

Lalala is you showing balls? LOL Well aren't you the internet tough guy! (eye roll)

I figured you would wimp out, just like you wimped out here.

And I was right.

Wimp.

Thank me later.

I figured you would wimp out, just like you wimped out here.

And I was right.

Wimp.

I played hockey through college...then ran nightclubs for over thirty years. Wimp? Yeah...that's me all right! I'm freaking TERRIFIED by you, Pogo! You are one scary internet guy! (double eye roll!!)

Here's a clue, you little wuss! If I ever HAD gotten my ass kicked by the cops...I wouldn't be here whining about it on the internet. Cojones? Like you even know what those are!!!

Did Starbucks do the right thing and fire the employee?

You KNOW they would have if an employee told an African that "his kind" are not welcome at Starbucks because it "upsets customers"

If the employee violated a policy then Starbucks has a right to fire the employee. However I'm not in favor for firing an employee for this. How about retraining them? How about some training for all the employees?

Yes, they are.

But it still doesn't take away that some of them are racists, some of them are bullies, and some of them are sociopaths who shouldn't be out there with guns.

Take, for instance, Jason van Dyke, the sociopath who shot a kid 16 times. He had 20 prior complaints for abusing minorities. One of them, he dislocated a man's shoulder, and the city paid out 375,000. IN this case, the city paid out Five million, put him on a desk job, and hoped it would all go away at least until after Rahm won a second term.

(Waiting for Dog Style to explain that this is because Democrats are evil, missing the point).

In an ideal world, someone should have realized this guy wasn't cut out for police work. Instead, the PD protected him, the FOP went to bat for him all the way, and he got the minimum slap on the wrist they could give him to avoid mass riots.

And this is a case where someone was ACTUALLY HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
You are correct that the cop you mentioned should have been out of law enforcement a long time ago. The encouraging thing is that these kinds of situations are relatively rare. They are just highly publicized making it seem like it's going on far more than it really does. The truth is of all the millions of contacts cops have every year and the multitudes of arrests made these cases are very rare.

Would we like it never to happen? Of course. But as cops are humans with human frailties, it's encouraging to know that not many of them are involved in such a thing.

Here's a clue, you little wuss! If I ever HAD gotten my ass kicked by the cops...I wouldn't be here whining about it on the internet. Cojones? Like you even know what those are!!!

You're in luck. Here's another thread you could swagger into and deny what happened.

The whole world's watching. :gay:

You really want me to go to another thread...don't you, Pogo! Is it because you look so bad in this one? :)

You're in luck. Here's another thread you could swagger into and deny what happened.

You really want me to go to another thread...don't you, Pogo! Is it because you look so bad in this one? :)

It's because I took pity on you after you wussed out here and ran from the point.

OK so don't go to that linked thread if you're afraid of it. Try this one instead.

Oh look! A bird.

giphy.gif

It's because I took pity on you after you wussed out here and ran from the point.

OK so don't go to that linked thread if you're afraid of it. Try this one instead.

Oh look! A bird.

giphy.gif

If I'm still here...still posting...how is it I "ran" from anything? God, you're an idiot! LOL

Forum List

Back