Tell me . . .

Agreed: 2009 for example. A job opening is posted. Withi minutes they get 10000 applicants via internet. They started more and mire e-screen by codeword, age, employment status etc. These tactics still in place even 10-fold. Many open jobs make you create login acct. They will not accept paper IF you can walk in.

Hillary Clinton represents the NWO Globalist Elite agenda. She will not put Americans first. And she's a corrupt criminal to boot. I can't support her.

I'll support Donald Trump because he wants to put Americans first again. He's the 'Anti-NWO Globalist' Candidate. And i'm completely over the Globalists. They've proven they don't care about American Citizens.

They need to do a much better job getting the word out. If I go to the unemployment office, which I did 17 months ago, I did a search and did not see these jobs.

Show me these jobs on mister or career builders dot com. If you can't I'm calling bullshit.

Seriously, companies need to do a much better job than putting a help wanted sign in the factory. Correct me if I'm wrong but everyone there already has a job

So what you're saying is that when you need a job, they should go to YOUR web sites to post them?

If I can drive by in a tractor-trailer and see these help wanted signs, I'm sure you can in a car.

Years ago before the internet, when people sought a job, they didn't wait for one to come knocking on their door. People used to go out with multiple copies of their resume, and go building to building in these industrial complexes. If a company was not accepting applications at the time, you would simply ask if they would accept your resume in the event a job opened up.

I can't show you how these companies are advertising, but what I can show you is the hundreds of jobs (just in my area alone) advertising on CraigsList for truck drivers alone. Some not only wiling to train you, but pay you while you learn.
That's what I did! That's how I found this job. Got in my car!!! People shouldn't have to do that. We have the internet. There's an easier/better way. Don't cry companies can't find good work and then we find out those companies are making it hard for people to even find out they are looking.

Those companies, if they really can't find help, could easily solve their own problem and the unemployment problem. Just start using the internet.

Most companies (at least in my line of work) insist that you apply online. They don't allow you to just waltz in and fill out an application. It was probably better when you could go in, in person, and talk to a live person and make a good first impression on them. The way things are now, you have rely totally on your resume to do the talking for you. There are no in person first impressions. It's all very impersonal.

They need to do a much better job getting the word out. If I go to the unemployment office, which I did 17 months ago, I did a search and did not see these jobs.

Show me these jobs on mister or career builders dot com. If you can't I'm calling bullshit.

Seriously, companies need to do a much better job than putting a help wanted sign in the factory. Correct me if I'm wrong but everyone there already has a job

So what you're saying is that when you need a job, they should go to YOUR web sites to post them?

If I can drive by in a tractor-trailer and see these help wanted signs, I'm sure you can in a car.

Years ago before the internet, when people sought a job, they didn't wait for one to come knocking on their door. People used to go out with multiple copies of their resume, and go building to building in these industrial complexes. If a company was not accepting applications at the time, you would simply ask if they would accept your resume in the event a job opened up.

I can't show you how these companies are advertising, but what I can show you is the hundreds of jobs (just in my area alone) advertising on CraigsList for truck drivers alone. Some not only wiling to train you, but pay you while you learn.
A huge number of those jobs are fake offers for HR statistical purposes.

Try to take one of those jobs and see how quickly they drop you.

And a lot of them are also employment agencies. They put the ads out to snag people to join. This happened countless times to me when I was applying for jobs. A large portion of them are employment agencies, and they hook you in when you fill out the application. You never again hear about the particular job you were applying for. Instead, they send you huge lists of jobs that you didn't apply for every day and spam the hell out of your email.
Agreed. If we are going to be honest, they don't make it very easy to find a job in America. I should start a site. If you aren't willing to post what you pay per hour or what the salary is, you aren't allowed on the site. If you are a racket or scam or you are commission only, fuck you! Not allowed on m site.

And if people keep quitting because your company sucks, you're off my site.

I got hit up every day by these telemarketers asking me if I'm ready to go back to school. I have a masters!!! They didn't care. Kept calling because I'm out of work I MUST want to to back to school. I told the guy he should go back to school so he doesn't have to have such a shitty job where he has to call people back who've already said no. OMG Monster and Career Builder can suck my dick. I hate them.

Yeah, and the people posting here are retired have no idea what they are talking about. Things have changed a LOT since they were in the job market. Things have changed a lot just in the past 10 years or so!

So true Chris! Today if you walk in they'll tell you to go fill out an online application. And the only one you are impressing is the receptionist. LOL.

But funny I actually did get a job the old fashion way. My mom has Alzheimers and when I could drive her around to get her out of my dad's hair for a couple hours, one day I drove up and down roads near my home and wrote their names down. The next day I called/emailed my resume and then I followed up and called in for the President of my company. He was so impressed he said, "if he can call me to get a job, he can call my customers and sell them our stuff". Even though I had no experience in this industry, he knew I could sell it as soon as I learned just enough to know what I'm saying.

And lets be honest. Most of these old white middle class dudes got jobs from their friends or family. They don't see the white privilege in that. They think they earned everything they made. They think they sacrificed, just like Trump suggests he sacrificed.

I got hit up every day by these telemarketers asking me if I'm ready to go back to school. I have a masters!!! They didn't care. Kept calling because I'm out of work I MUST want to to back to school. I told the guy he should go back to school so he doesn't have to have such a shitty job where he has to call people back who've already said no. OMG Monster and Career Builder can suck my dick. I hate them.
Yeah, and the people posting here are retired have no idea what they are talking about. Things have changed a LOT since they were in the job market. Things have changed a lot just in the past 10 years or so!
I have not worked in three years, for 19 months I was on disability, but I have looked for work since January. I have emailed out thousands of resumees, no exageration, going for the shot gun approach.

Five calls back. Two from Charllote NC, one from Chicago, and one from Buffalo. These were not serious job offers as they knew I would not commute to those places. All my responses I specified I could not move, but they call me anyway because they want to boost their HR stats so they can claim that they have duefully contacted X number of Americans about the job, and then they can hire an H1-B.

I had another call from a lady who immediately informed me that it was not for an interview, once I asked, but she was merely following up to make sure I was who I was.

These Libertarian morons who keep repeating this 'Get a job' slogan are simply all ass and no cattle.

Last edited:

That's what I did! That's how I found this job. Got in my car!!! People shouldn't have to do that. We have the internet. There's an easier/better way. Don't cry companies can't find good work and then we find out those companies are making it hard for people to even find out they are looking.

Those companies, if they really can't find help, could easily solve their own problem and the unemployment problem. Just start using the internet.

Most companies (at least in my line of work) insist that you apply online. They don't allow you to just waltz in and fill out an application. It was probably better when you could go in, in person, and talk to a live person and make a good first impression on them. The way things are now, you have rely totally on your resume to do the talking for you. There are no in person first impressions. It's all very impersonal.
Yup. Most companies only interview people who've been referred by someone who works there too.

I bet these trucking companies could have more than enough drivers if they did a better job looking. The idea they can't find people willing to work. I would need to know more. How much does it pay and why do so many quit?

Most jobs are never posted. Boss says damn we need a guy now to do X. By the time HR makes opening, internal people have delivered good fits to boss. He hires one of them. Req closed. Or as other guy posted, many open req are bullcrap. Only exist in case of layoff.......boss can close req, keep staff. It is horrible out there. They want TONs of personal INFO up front. Is it safe?

Most jobs are never posted. Boss says damn we need a guy now to do X. By the time HR makes opening, internal people have delivered good fits to boss. He hires one of them. Req closed. Or as other guy posted, many open req are bullcrap. Only exist in case of layoff.......boss can close req, keep staff. It is horrible out there. They want TONs of personal INFO up front. Is it safe?

Some of them are scams! Probably better off just sticking to your local newspaper classified section to find a job than to go to any of the job search engines. I was on Indeed.com before, and my god, it is awful. Lots of those uber driver jobs from all over the country. Well, I don't want to be an uber driver! Then there are the "work from home and become a millionaire part time" jobs.

Yup. Most companies only interview people who've been referred by someone who works there too.

I bet these trucking companies could have more than enough drivers if they did a better job looking. The idea they can't find people willing to work. I would need to know more. How much does it pay and why do so many quit?

You gotta put down dat bong holmes. I beleive Ray on the driving. If you can sober up, get class A whatever. You can drive 12 hours a day with lunatics in Honda or cross country. But you got to get clean? Not sure if Felony need apply?

What about daily Pain pills? Do they screen for Vico Oxy or even Xanex? Must not, I passed a few, LOL. But that was 2010. Add in the layoff games. Buyouts, re-org. It truly seems hopeless for last 9 years. Especially for over 50. Maybe you can do some Contract work by the hour. But no benefits or commitments

Some of them are scams! Probably better off just sticking to your local newspaper classified section to find a job than to go to any of the job search engines. I was on Indeed.com before, and my god, it is awful. Lots of those uber driver jobs from all over the country. Well, I don't want to be an uber driver! Then there are the "work from home and become a millionaire part time" jobs.
Monster and Careerbuilder and Indeed need to clean up their site but apparently it's not about finding people jobs it's about selling your information.
You should have the ability to say NO to a job and that job will never come up again on your future searches.

I think if we take a close look we will find out companies complaining they can't find good help are full of shit and aren't looking hard enough. Or aren't paying good enough.

What about daily Pain pills? Do they screen for Vico Oxy or even Xanex? Must not, I passed a few, LOL. But that was 2010. Add in the layoff games. Buyouts, re-org. It truly seems hopeless for last 9 years. Especially for over 50. Maybe you can do some Contract work by the hour. But no benefits or commitments

Some do. That's probably okay as long as you have a prescription for them.

Yeah if you're smoking pot, you really limit yourself in the job department. Funny though, you can be an alcoholic and find a job. Lol.

For some people, pot effects them whether they are smoking or not. I lost a few friends to pot. They became paranoid and delusional.

Like any other job, there are different pay levels. It all depends on what you want to do.

Over the road drivers can make up to 90K a year, but you are working on the road all the time and very little time home. You can buy your own truck and make about $500.00 a day or more, but you have to maintain, repair and make payments on that truck.

Locally the jobs pay less, but you are home every night like I am. With a year or two of experience, you can make anywhere from $18.00 per hour to $28.00 per hour depending on what company you can get a job with. To get better paying jobs, they only hire drivers with good records because insurance rates are through the roof for not so good drivers.

Why do people get out of it? Too much government. As a truck driver, you don't have any constitutional rights. Also you only have one license, and that is your CDL. It applies to your driving record whether in a truck or not. If you get too many points driving your car, you can lose your job because of their insurance. A DUI in your car, you'll probably never work for a couple of years until it's erased.

Forum List

Back