Teenagers have no respect

GHook93 said:
Unbelievable, I hope I wasn't that disrespectful when I was a teen!
Im sure you werent!!

Kids are so fucked up today its not funny........

I believe its all the garbage they are subject to now EVERYDAY when we were not @ thier age.....

i dont think its fair to say teenagers have no respect ......i see a lot of respectful teenagers....hell i go into walmart....you know the little stretch of games and all..always a bunch of thugs hanging out playing those.....they open the door for me...and call me ma'am...hardly disrespectful...and i will tell you this...i hear fuck this and that......from adults in public just as much as i do kids....

southern fucking hospitality, motherfuckers.

and living in small towns where old women go....."i know your momma" lol that pretty much seals the deal

i deal with teenagers other than my own...right now a lot of them are working two jobs to help with families where dads and moms are laid off or unemployed...so yea there are kids out there who are respectful....and let me tell you....we all have very very very revised images of our own teenage years

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Maybe that's true only 1/2 of the time. Adolescence = a daily identity crisis. Teenagers wake up unconciously directing their brains and behavior to answer only one question.....'Who am I going to be today?'.
Their behavior does not necessarily reflect what their parents are wittingly/or unwittingly trying to influence them to do or be!

High School Teacher here.

1. A common statement heard from teens is: "You have to EARN my respect". Someone, somewhere, has taught them that respect for elders or authority is not a given. I did not raise my children that way.

2. Too many parents want to be their children's friend. It is much easier to say "yes" than "no". Hence, no boundaries are set and respect for others must be "earned".

3. School discipline policies rarely address the lack of respect. A student calls a teacher "a dumb ass bitch" he or she "may" serve a detention at most. At the student's convenience, of course. :evil: I'd prefer a written apology. One full page; double spaced; one inch margin, with proper use of transitional phrases. Now that's punishment. :lol:

1. A common statement heard from teens is: "You have to EARN my respect". Someone, somewhere, has taught them that respect for elders or authority is not a given. I did not raise my children that way.

2. Too many parents want to be their children's friend. It is much easier to say "yes" than "no". Hence, no boundaries are set and respect for others must be "earned".

3. School discipline policies rarely address the lack of respect. A student calls a teacher "a dumb ass bitch" he or she "may" serve a detention at most. At the student's convenience, of course. :evil: I'd prefer a written apology. One full page; double spaced; one inch margin, with proper use of transitional phrases. Now that's punishment. :lol:

Only 1-full page?
Hell, you're easy!
Yeah, that'll get respect.........:bowdown:.

I actually demanded a written apology twice. Once for being threatened and the student's "apology" was that she wasn't threatening me - she was "warning me about what she was going to do" Another kid said he didn't mean to throw a hamburger at me. He was aiming at the teacher next to me. Kids.. Errr!

I actually demanded a written apology twice. Once for being threatened and the student's "apology" was that she wasn't threatening me - she was "warning me about what she was going to do" Another kid said he didn't mean to throw a hamburger at me. He was aiming at the teacher next to me. Kids.. Errr!

If I was an unruly student (and I bashfully admit that I was!), I'd want to be disciplined by you. :rock:

Hamburger assult!

I say get Mayor McCheese involved!

mayor_mccheese_i_will_cut_you_bitch_RE_Picture_Challenge_9-s267x277-166709.png

Hamburger assult!

I say get Mayor McCheese involved!

mayor_mccheese_i_will_cut_you_bitch_RE_Picture_Challenge_9-s267x277-166709.png

Nice!

Teens have no respect?

ok, if you were handed a broken world, and told it's you need to take personal responsibility for it, would you?

~S~

I can't get past the first 6 words of the OP.:eusa_eh: :razz:

Likewise. I'm glad it wasn't just me. One of the reasons why I'm so hesitant about this whole 'marriage' malarky. It's a partnership, not a bill of sale.
My wife and I talk like this all the time. She let's me do what I want, I let her do what she wants. It has nothng to do with "ownership" and more to do with "respect for each other".

Don't let "Uber-Feminism" destroy your happy relationships.

Semantics. It all means the same thing, as what is really meant is that no one gets in the way of the other, doing their thing. And within reason acceptable to the other. Few better ways to ensure survival of a relationship.

Likewise. I'm glad it wasn't just me. One of the reasons why I'm so hesitant about this whole 'marriage' malarky. It's a partnership, not a bill of sale.
My wife and I talk like this all the time. She let's me do what I want, I let her do what she wants. It has nothng to do with "ownership" and more to do with "respect for each other".

Don't let "Uber-Feminism" destroy your happy relationships.

Semantics. It all means the same thing, as what is really meant is that no one gets in the way of the other, doing their thing. And within reason acceptable to the other. Few better ways to ensure survival of a relationship.

Here, put this on......... :eusa_whistle:

Sexy-lingerie-%E2%80%93-How-to-wear-it-with-confidence-3.jpg

Sparky posted: 'Teens have no respect?

OK, if you were handed a broken world, and told it's you need to take personal responsibility for it, would you?

~S~'

I was raised the daughter of a waterman. At sea, they use the most foul language imaginable. My first grade teacher told my parents I was evil. WHAT? The F Bomb was common with my Father and his fishing buddies. How was I to know the F Bomb Wain 'normal'?

I have two teens, and the odds are stacked against them.
That said, both of them are in college AND they are employed.
My son's have to pay attention to what they say in front of their sister who is 9-10 years younger than they. Why? Because my sons were not raised with the 'normal' insults 'stupid', 'dumb', 'You won't amount to anything', 'you steal', 'you lie'... etc. Even though I was found 'not guilty', it was the way of my Father's life, at that time. Although my sons do have their own vocab, none of which are curse words.
Buy to hear the word "crap" come out of my youngest child's mouth, is very starting.

My son's dote on their sister and feel responsible for her.
The OP's premise is false.

I just can't pass up point #1.

I was raised (and I raised my kids) that basic respect is automatic.
You have to LOSE my respect.
Once lost, earning it back can be a challenge, but it is not impossible.

When I was in High School I have seen teachers get cussed out many times, I recall one time the kid called the teacher an asshole, and one kid told our creative writing teacher fuck you, not much really happened. They were taken to the office on both occasions, the kid in my creative writing class got switched to a different class but nothing happened the kid who called the teacher an asshole, neither of them was suspended.

When I was in High School I have seen teachers get cussed out many times, I recall one time the kid called the teacher an asshole, and one kid told our creative writing teacher fuck you, not much really happened. They were taken to the office on both occasions, the kid in my creative writing class got switched to a different class but nothing happened the kid who called the teacher an asshole, neither of them was suspended.

Good thing they weren't Nuns ...... :eek:

Forum List

Back