Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
Cuban father.... born in Canada ?

Redux Trump Goes Birther Again He Will Have To Clear Up His Article II Presidential Eligibility - Birther Report

of course the real story here is the obots and the press, and the fun we will have watching them back peddle. their platform of crying racist will disappear, when an authentic birther as myself, says what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Cruz is a republican to boot.

The OBOTS were/are still so desperate to sell an obama provenance, they never saw this coming, a day when the proverbial shoe is on the other political foot. they were so worried that they waved at changing the constitution. they invented a definition of natural born, complete with phony court precedents.

we as a country need to have this conversation. and don't worry Obots, i won't call you racist if you don't vote for cruz.

Trump? he's zany, but unfettered in his discourse.

Redux Trump Goes Birther Again He Will Have To Clear Up His Article II Presidential Eligibility - Birther Report

of course the real story here is the obots and the press, and the fun we will have watching them back peddle. their platform of crying racist will disappear, when an authentic birther as myself, says what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

The OBOTS were/are still so desperate to sell an obama provenance, they never saw this coming, a day when the proverbial shoe is on the other political foot. they were so worried that they waved at changing the constitution. they invented a definition of natural born, complete with phony court precedents.

we as a country need to have this conversation. and don't worry Obots, i won't call you racist if you don't vote for cruz.

Um.....Wash? Trump isn't an 'Obot'.

There's only natural born (citizen at birth) and naturalized (citizen after birth). There is no third kind. Cruz was a citizen at birth and is thus natural born. Just like Obama.

If you'd like to discuss natural born citizenship, I'd be happy to do so. But I warn you in advance, I'm familiar with most of the major birther arguments. So you may not enjoy the conversation that much.

Canada Ted is eligible to run, and let's hope to God he does because the Dems can use the help.

That nutbag father of his would be a gift from God.

Dominion Christianity is the gift that keeps on giving. And holy shit, Rafael's babble about his son being the 'Anointed one' is like mana from heaven.

The OBOTS were/are still so desperate to sell an Obama provenance, they never saw this coming, a day when the proverbial shoe is on the other political foot. they were so worried that they waved at changing the constitution. they invented a definition of natural born, complete with phony court precedents.
I haven't seen much coming from Obama supporters on this issue. Most of those that oppose Cruz on the citizenship issue appear to be the same people that hassled Obama. As far as most Dems are concerned, as long as he has one American parent, where he was born and the citizenship of the other parent are irrelevant. For my part I'd only use the issue against someone who says Obama isn't a citizen, but Cruz is.

There's only natural born (citizen at birth) and naturalized (citizen after birth). There is no third kind. Cruz was a citizen at birth and is thus natural born. Just like Obama.

If you'd like to discuss natural born citizenship, I'd be happy to do so. But I warn you in advance, I'm familiar with most of the major birther arguments. So you may not enjoy the conversation that much.

Could you provide a brief summary of the law concerning natural born citizenship and Presidential eligibility? Thanks.

Nope...

A Natural born citizen is one whose citizenship is a natural consequence of their birth.

Being BORN in the Canada would not an issue, IF both parents were US Citizens... just as being born in the US does not render one a US natural born US Citizen, unless both parents are US Citizens.

Agreed. The Democrats were full of shit with McCain, the Birthers with O and the Democrats again with Cruz. All were born natural citizens. The founders wanted people to be born American, they didn't care for example if American diplomats had a child born overseas, that is ridiculous. They cared if someone grew up say in Germany then emigrated here. Someone being born American qualifies them, end of discussion.

Agreed. The Democrats were full of shit with McCain, the Birthers with O and the Democrats again with Cruz. All were born natural citizens. The founders wanted people to be born American, they didn't care for example if American diplomats had a child born overseas, that is ridiculous. They cared if someone grew up say in Germany then emigrated here. Someone being born American qualifies them, end of discussion.

Nope...

obama is not a Natural Born Citizen of the United States. His father was a foreign national... precluding him from being such.

Being 'Born in the USA' makes one a statutory citizen, except where both parents are also US Citizens.

A true Article 2 Section 1 Constitutional natural born Citizen can't be eligible for Prime Minister of Canada like Ted who was born there. No, Ted is a statutory citizen due to positive law. He is not a natural born Citizen eligible for the presidency.

Could you provide a brief summary of the law concerning natural born citizenship and Presidential eligibility? Thanks.

Amendment XIV Section 1:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

RUN TED, RUN !

The most comprehensive overview of natural born citizenship in law can be found in the dictim of Wong Kim Ark V. US.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark LII Legal Information Institute

With the general consensus being that British Common Law is the spectrum through which the definitions of 'natural born citizen' could most rationally be viewed. Which makes sense, given that our legal tradition was spawned from that of the British. With natural born status following place of birth in British common law.

The weight of historical understanding of natural born status supports this as well. With previous debates on elibiligy for the presidency being based on contreversy or doubt of place of birth (see President Chester Arthur). And naturalization acts passed by the founders a few years after the constitution was ratified extending natural born status to those born outside the US.

That's a good place to start. If you want to go on a deeper dive, there are many other, more disparate and less authoritative sources.

A true Article 2 Section 1 Constitutional natural born Citizen can't be eligible for Prime Minister of Canada like Ted who was born there. No, Ted is a statutory citizen due to positive law. He is not a natural born Citizen eligible for the presidency.

Says who? So far you have a guy on youtube citing himself. And.......that's it.

Amendment XIV Section 1:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

RUN TED, RUN !

The Constitution of the United States, does not provide that the President of the United States be a a 'Citizen of the United States"... the threshold for THAT office is set HIGHER, to Natural Born Citizen of the United States.

And as the obama exercise has proven: SUCH IS FOR FOR DAM' GOOD REASON!

And I am a big fan of Ted Cruz... he's just not qualified for the office.

obama is not a Natural Born Citizen of the United States. His father was a foreign national... precluding him from being such.

And who says that being born to a foreign national precludes Obama from being natural born? President Chester Arthur had an Irish/Canadian father. And that was never an issue. When rumors that he wasn't born in the US, but Canada began to circulate.....then it became a controversy.

Being 'Born in the USA' makes one a statutory citizen, except where both parents are also US Citizens.

Again, says who? The US doesn't have a designation for a 'statutory citizen'. There are only two types: naturalized (citizen after birth) and citizen at birth. There is no third kind. Your 'statutory citizen' doesn't exist in our laws. O

Amendment XIV Section 1:

RUN TED, RUN !

The Constitution of the United States, does not provide that the President of the United States be a a 'Citizen of the United States"... the threshold for THAT office is set HIGHER, to Natural Born Citizen of the United States.

The constitution doesn't define 'natural born'. So you're going to have to look elsewhere for the meaning of the term.

And who says that being born to a foreign national precludes Obama from being natural born? President Chester Arthur had an Irish/Canadian father. And that was never an issue. When rumors that he wasn't born in the US, but Canada began to circulate.....then it became a controversy.

Again, says who? The US doesn't have a designation for a 'statutory citizen'. There are only two types: naturalized (citizen after birth) and citizen at birth. There is no third kind. Your 'statutory citizen' doesn't exist in our laws. O
Arthur lied.

he's just not qualified for the office

exactly why I made the comment, RUN TED RUN !

lol.

you must be short, sarcastic comments fly right over your head.

Arthur lied.

Again, say who? Remember Steven, you just randomly making shit up isn't actually an argument or evidence of anything. Its an excuse for both.

And you're wrong. Arthur was quite open about his father being an Irish/Canadian. And no one batted an eye lash. This is an explicit contradiction of your assumptions of the understanding of natural born. Even more than 120 years ago, your understanding of the term 'natural born' didn't amount to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back