Ted Cruz Makes Common Sense

CY0GGAsUsAET5cT.jpg

Yep he worked for Bush and yep he stupidly wanted more work visas.... the last part is funny because that would mean any Morinda with a mortgage, cat loan, or student loan is owned body and soul.... bet that includes you basquebromance

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Asked by a reporter "so you want to see Cruz defeated?" Iowa Governor Branstad answered: "yes."

Well at least we know where all the idiot Paulbots went this election.... they team right to Trump. They always run to the most liberal candidate

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Don't know which I like most Rubio and Cruz. Trump is no 1 I know. But then.
i prefer not to vote for Trump.... Considering he is a NY liberal playing the conservative.

I saw a reference in a Thomas Sowell article about Trump to an old social philosopher called Eric Hoffer. His first book was called, "The True Believer", and discussed the making of mass movements and fanatics. I absolutely have it on order for my Kindle.

Here's the quote:

Too many nations, in desperate times, especially after the established authorities have discredited themselves and forfeited the trust of the people, have turned to some new and charismatic leader, who ended up turning a dire situation into an utter catastrophe.
The history of the 20th century provides all too many examples, whether on a small scale that led to the massacre in Jonestown in 1978 or the earlier succession of totalitarian movements that took power in Russia in 1917, Italy in 1922 and Germany a decade later.
Eric Hoffer's shrewd insight into the success of charismatic leaders was that the "quality of ideas seems to play a minor role," What matters, he pointed out, "is the arrogant gesture, the complete disregard of the opinion of others, the singlehanded defiance of the world."
Is that the emotional release that Republican voters will be seeking when they begin voting in the primaries? If so, Donald Trump will be their man. But if the sobering realities of life and the need for mature and wise leadership in dangerous times is uppermost in their minds, they will have to look elsewhere.

Forum List

Back