Ted Cruz Declared A 'Naturalized Citizen' And Eligible To Be President

^^^^ More crystal-ball gazing?

You don't know that - you could be right in that they DON'T hear it, but you cannot know that they WON'T.

OK, that's enough on my end - repeating the same thing might be a hoot for some folks, to me It's actually worse than swallowing a bug.

Bye.

I dont know when he was born he was an American citizen? OK, what country was he a citizen of? When did he do his naturalization?
This is not difficult. That is why the SC will never hear a case on it.

If either of your parents are American citizens, then you are automatically a U.S. citizen. You don't need to do any "naturalization."

You keep quoting me after I already inferred that I am not willing to participate in stupid back and forth bickering. Please leave me out of this, thanks.

Obama had THREE citizenships.

He was a dual citizen of the United States and Great Britain, and later had dual citizenship U.S. and Kenya until his 23rd birthday.

Obama's Kenyan Citizenship | Factcheck.org

Yet he is the president.

LOL, that was pretty funny. He was born in the United States thus making him a United States citizen by birth.

"In other words, at the time of his birth, Barack Obama Jr. was both a U.S. citizen (by virtue of being born in Hawaii) and a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (or the UKC) by virtue of being born to a father who was a citizen of the UKC."

"But the paper failed to note that the Kenyan Constitution prohibits dual citizenship for adults. Kenya recognizes dual citizenship for children, but Kenya’s Constitution specifies that at age 23, Kenyan citizens who possesses citizenship in more than one country automatically lose their Kenyan citizenship unless they formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1984.

Corrected (Sep. 3, 2009): Our original article incorrectly stated that then-Sen. Obama lost his Kenyan citizenship on Aug. 4, 1982. The correct date is Aug. 4, 1984. The Kenyan Constitution required Obama to choose whether to keep either his U.S. or Kenyan citizenship upon his 21st birthday, which was in 1982. But we initially missed that the Constitution provided him a two-year window for making that choice. So Obama did not lose his Kenyan citizenship until his 23rd birthday in 1984. We have updated the item to reflect this.

- Joe Miller"

Wow..... :lol:

^^^^ More crystal-ball gazing?

You don't know that - you could be right in that they DON'T hear it, but you cannot know that they WON'T.

OK, that's enough on my end - repeating the same thing might be a hoot for some folks, to me It's actually worse than swallowing a bug.

Bye.

I dont know when he was born he was an American citizen? OK, what country was he a citizen of? When did he do his naturalization?

If either of your parents are American citizens, then you are automatically a U.S. citizen. You don't need to do any "naturalization."

If you are right, 10's of millions of what you allege are American citizens all over the globe are natural born citizens because their mom's got knocked up by American servicemen while those servicement were serving overseas. And if they are American citizens, their children would be American citizens as well. That is what your logic is saying. An Amerasian kid born of an American father and Vietnamese mother is automaticly an American citizen. That kid, who long ago made kids of their own, passed down the American citizenship to their children. Every kid born after that first impregnation, for gernerations into the future, is an American citizen.

Again, it isn't that simple. I don't care for the man, but in fairness I can't say, because I CAN'T KNOW.

Neither does anyone else at this point.

This is one for the courts. Not **** house lawyers.

Iknow. The answer is he is eligible for the reasons I gave. Period.

??? You get the final say?

The law says BOTH parents. Why is this a slam-dunk for you, it appears that the law is a bit fuzzy when it comes to specifics.

How about posting a link to this "law" you keep referring to.

There's so many reasons not to vote for Cruz.

A laughing stock is what he'd make this nation.

At least Cruz is qualified as a "natural-born" to be President.

You qualify as a dumbass because Cruz stands for what is good and Constitutional in our country!:eusa_angel:

If he was born in Kenya, Obama was technically "naturalized" since his mother did not meet the residency requirement that was law at that time.

Last edited:

You keep quoting me after I already inferred that I am not willing to participate in stupid back and forth bickering. Please leave me out of this, thanks.

If you don't want to be quoted, then don't post.

But it is just as fun. Obama is legally eligible to be president and Cruz is not.

False.

That depends on what is meant by ‘eligible.’

The president and Cruz are eligible to be president as both are naturally born citizens – the president was born in the United States and Cruz as a consequence of this mother’s US citizenship.

Cruz is not eligible to be president, however, because of his errant position on the issues, his clear contempt for sound, responsible governance, and his attempt to recklessly force the Nation into default.

If you are right, 10's of millions of what you allege are American citizens all over the globe are natural born citizens because their mom's got knocked up by American servicemen while those servicement were serving overseas. And if they are American citizens, their children would be American citizens as well. That is what your logic is saying. An Amerasian kid born of an American father and Vietnamese mother is automaticly an American citizen. That kid, who long ago made kids of their own, passed down the American citizenship to their children. Every kid born after that first impregnation, for gernerations into the future, is an American citizen.

They are American citizens until their 21st birthday. They lose their citizenship if they fail to renounce their foreign citizenship. I have four brothers and sister who were born in Venezuela. They all have American passports, and they were never "naturalized." According to you, they aren't American citizens.

Please answer the question.

To do so would be to ignore the fact that the Constitution is a bit fuzzy about the definition of a "natural born citizen."

You want me to answer the question, because The Mad Cabbie almighty, gets to decide?

It isn't up to me. Nor is it up to you ~

How about they decide.

Birth of U.S. Citizens Abroad

October 7, 2013

A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met. The child’s parents should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (CRBA) to document that the child is a U.S. citizen. If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child’s name.

Read more:

But it is just as fun. Obama is legally eligible to be president and Cruz is not.

False.

The president and Cruz are eligible to be president as both are naturally born citizens – the president was born in the United States and Cruz as a consequence of this mother’s US citizenship.

Cruz is not eligible to be president, however, because of his errant position on the issues, his clear contempt for sound, responsible governance, and his attempt to recklessly force the Nation into default.

You mean being in favor of less government, lower taxes, and less gov't interference in our lives makes someone ineligible to be president?
Better tell that to the people who elected George Washington.

False.

I think you meant to say Obama, not Cruz.

If the proper paperwork is done that would be correct.

There's so many reasons not to vote for Cruz.

A laughing stock is what he'd make this nation.

At least Cruz is qualified as a "natural-born" to be President.

You qualify as a dumbass because Cruz stands for what is good and Constitutional in our country!:eusa_angel:

If he was born in Kenya, Obama was technically "naturalized" since his mother did not meet the residency requirement that was law at that time.

You can not give one example of what makes Cruz a "natural born citizen" as ruled by federal case law, let alone SCOTUS. Not one. It is only your opinion, and that opinion differs from objective constitutional scholars. As far as someone being a dumbass because they have a differing opinion that doesn't agree with yours, well, that in itself speaks volumes about you and how superior you think you are to everyone and anyone that disagrees with you.

Iknow. The answer is he is eligible for the reasons I gave. Period.

The law says BOTH parents. Why is this a slam-dunk for you, it appears that the law is a bit fuzzy when it comes to specifics.

If you read back through this thread, you will see where I indicated that I was wrong.

I even posted article II part one of the constitution that indicates the correct criteria for a candidate to be considered for POTUS. Only problem is, it does not define "natural born citizen."

Something else that complicates this even further, are later amendments to the constitution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause

Last edited:

If you read back through this thread, you will see where I indicated that I was wrong.

I even posted article II part one of the constitution that indicates the correct criteria for a candidate to be considered for POTUS. Only problem is, it does not define "natural born citizen."

The Dept of State makes the determination of US Citizens born abroad. I posted the link once, here it is again.

Read the damn thing - you telling me that all these criteria were met? Maybe they were - I don't know.

Bye.

Please don't ask me shit else - we are at an impasse ... .

Forum List

Back