Ted Cruz Declared A 'Naturalized Citizen' And Eligible To Be President

My only gripe with all this is if the birthers go through all that crap with Obama and Kenya and then just let Cruz waltz into the GOP nominee without a word said by any of them....then they will officially go down as the biggest HYPOCRITES in the history of the nation.

Elegible? - maybe
Qualified? - Never.

And, even though the Klown Kar will be overflowing with losers again this time, he's still near the bottom.

C'mon, he makes the low rent nutter look good.

It actually makes my teeth hurt when obamabots talk about ANYONE not being qualified to be president. That ship has sailed for the liberal left with Obama. After him anyone is qualified and can pretend to be born anywhere.

My only gripe with all this is if the birthers go through all that crap with Obama and Kenya and then just let Cruz waltz into the GOP nominee without a word said by any of them....then they will officially go down as the biggest HYPOCRITES in the history of the nation.

And I guess if the liberal left says a word about Cruz being eligible that will make them the biggest hypocrites? Or in liberal land everyone has two faces.

And I guess if the liberal left says a word about Cruz being eligible that will make them the biggest hypocrites? Or in liberal land everyone has two faces.

who cares...seriously

Obama had THREE citizenships.

He was a dual citizen of the United States and Great Britain, and later had dual citizenship U.S. and Kenya until his 23rd birthday.

Obama's Kenyan Citizenship | Factcheck.org

Yet he is the president.

Ted Cruz is ineligible to be President: end of the story. Obama, on the other hand, is a natural born citizen. From Missourian's link below:

[Obama] held both U.S. and Kenyan citizenship as a child, but lost his Kenyan citizenship automatically on his 23rd birthday. . . . . The Rocky Mountain News did in fact run an online article asserting that Barack Obama holds both American and Kenyan citizenship. The article was incorrect, and the paper removed the item from the article and ran a correction. The paper’s editor, John Temple, formally apologized for the error in an Aug. 15, 2008, column. Neither the correction nor the apology has prevented the column from circulating across the Internet as part of the latest set of baseless rumors that Obama is ineligible to run for president.

Obama (for the birthers, whether born in Hawaii or not) is eligible because his mother was born in Wichita, Kansas.

Cruz, born in Canada, is eligible because his mother was born in Wilmington, Delaware.

Cruz no longers has duel citizenship as he has renounced his Canadian citizenship. He is eligible.

PolitiFact | Is Ted Cruz, born in Canada, eligible to run for president?

Your first assertion is incorrect, had he not been born in Hawaii maobama would not have been a US citizen. The law to confer citizenship at the time required the parent had to have been in the US for 4 years after their 14th birthday. Since maobama's momma was only 17 when he was born she could not have conferred citizenship to him if he were born outside the US.

But it is just as fun. Obama is legally eligible to be president and Cruz is not.

Except for one MASSIVE difference being that Obama was born in Hawaii and Cruz was born in Canada.

He was a dual citizen of the United States and Great Britain, and later had dual citizenship U.S. and Kenya until his 23rd birthday.

Yet he is the president.

from the link:

The article was incorrect, and the paper removed the item from the article and ran a correction.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1984.

Last edited by a moderator:

Same as it ever was.

McCain got a waver because he was born in the Canal Zone when his father was in the Military. Cruz cannot become president unless they change the Constitutional requirement or he fudges his BC like Obama did.

McCain's waiver was logical. I was born in the Army hospital in Germany. My father was in the Army, and my mother was a Swiss citizen. When I turned 14, I had to affirm my citizenship through naturalization. I did not accept German citizenship. My situation is pretty much the same as McCain's, so I believe I could run (no, I'm not planning on it, lol), but Cruz has been a Canadian citizen and still is one. Even if he renounces his Canadian citizenship, I do not believe he could legally run for President. If we allow him to run and/or serve as president, it opens the door for others with dual citizenship whose true allegiance could lie with another country. It can't just legally be decided that because Cruz spent his entire life in the US that he gets a pass, because legally, anyone with a dual citizenship could run, even if they only lived in the US for a few years.

Yet he is the president.

The founders wanted a person born with sole allegiance to the United States to be president. Obama was given a pass and the media didn't expose him as a man born with multiple nationalities ineligible to be president. Cruz has two nationalities and not eligible either. It is amazing how all these multi-national people are all of the sudden being looked at to be considered candidates for the presidency.

There is no proof that Obama was born outside of the US. So long as he was born in Hawaii, he's legit, and all evidence available indicates he was born in Hawaii.

Here......................this link might help you people sort out who is and isn't a U.S. citizen who has parents who are American and some other nationality..................

Citizenship Through Parents | USCIS

Interestingly enough, the OP's article even states that Obama was born in Hawaii, so I don't understand why you birthers are still harping on it.

Oh wait.................forgot.................you're just pissed there is a black man in the White House.

Wonder how you're going to feel when there is a Democrat WOMAN in the White House?

Here......................this link might help you people sort out who is and isn't a U.S. citizen who has parents who are American and some other nationality..................

Interestingly enough, the OP's article even states that Obama was born in Hawaii, so I don't understand why you birthers are still harping on it.

Oh wait.................forgot.................you're just pissed there is a black man in the White House.

Wonder how you're going to feel when there is a Democrat WOMAN in the White House?

Oh Shit Fucking NOOOOOO!

You brought up the "RACE" card. Even though everyone knows confederate Republicans hate blacks, by bringing it up, that makes YOU the "racist".

So says USMB Republicans and they should know.

Only native-born U.S. citizens (or those born abroad, but only to parents who were both citizens of the U.S.) may be president of the United States.

You can be born outside of the USA if you are born to "parents" who are US Citizens.

The Congressional Research Service has weighed in on the issue with a 50-page report. Here are the most pertinent passages:

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term “natural born” citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship “by birth” or “at birth,” either by being born “in” the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship “at birth.”

Now CNN Weighs In: Is Ted Cruz Eligible to be President? | TheBlaze.com

It is not a slam dunk yes or no.

His father was a Cuban ... the law says BOTH parents. You can have ONE parent be a citizen if you were born in the USA.

I'm guessing no, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Oh **** ******* NOOOOOO!

You brought up the "RACE" card. Even though everyone knows confederate Republicans hate blacks, by bringing it up, that makes YOU the "racist".
So says USMB Republicans and they should know.

You need big fonts and swearing to make a point, you must not have too much ammo.

Yes, bringing race into this issue (instead of nationality) was exceedingly lame.

Last edited:
Mark Levin needs anger management and has truly gone off the deep end. What he said last night proves that he is no more a constitutional lawyer than Obama is. Levin said that Ted Cruz is a naturalized Citizen and eligible for the presidency. Where in the presidential clause does it call for a 'naturalized Citizen' to be president? It doesn't. That is like saying a Mexican or Iranian national can cross the border into the U.S. and take the naturalization test and oath of allegiance and in some mythical instance, they become a natural born Citizen that qualifies to meet the founders original intent to be president. The truth is Ted Cruz was born a dual Citizen in a foreign sovereignty with split allegiances. A natural born Citizen is a person born with sole allegiance to the United States. Dual-citizens by birth need not apply to be President and Commander-in-Chief. Mark Levin’s misstatements and disinformation Thursday were unbelievable and shocking. People like Levin and true conservatives should stand up for the Constitution and the founders original intent of what a true natural born Citizen is and stop being political opportunists like Levin is doing. Here is the brief radio segment to listen to:

]

Where do you get this crap from? The Constitutional requirement is "natural born citizen." That is opposed to "naturalized citizen." Cruz was born a citizen of the U.S. That makes him a natural born citizen. He was never naturalized because he didnt need to be. That makes him eligible to be president.
And he will be a damn fine one too.

Forum List

Back