Tebow to sign with Patriots

High five... I'm a big fan of the Dolphins. Disappointed we did not pull him down to Miami. Gonna suck to have to try to stop a Gator twice a year.

Tebow has heart, and a strong work ethic. He can lead a team, fill stadium seats and set records for the sale of team merchandise. That alone could have turned the Jacksonville team around. Sadly Jacksonville's owners were more interested in moving the team - last year talk was Los Angeles, this year London. Too funny.

Maybe Tebow will be used in a Slash type of way.....but really, I expect this is just the Pats taking a shot at a player hoping they can get more out of him than other teams.

As long as they have Brady, no one else will start.

Unless they plan to revamp the offense, Tebow's skillset (if it can be called that lol) doesn't fit the QB spot on the team.

From what I've read so far, Tebow isn't likely to be fighting to be the #2 QB on the team. He's probably fighting just to get a roster spot, and if he does, it will be as the #3.

We'll see how it plays out.

tebow-brady_zpsa604d065.png

Love how all the Tebow haters know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do.

'He'll never start in the NFL.' - ooops, Tebow started about 11 games for Denver.

'He'll never win in the playoffs.' - won more playoff games than Manning has for Denver.

'His career is over; know one will touch him, he is radioactive.' - the Patriots just signed him.

Tebow haters are not just stupid, they are so full of themselves that they don't realize what morons they sound like.

Love how all the Tebow haters know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do.

LOL! Umm...

Love how all the Tebow LOVERS know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do :razz:

That's why teams were lining up left and right to sign him. And why he got SO MUCH guaranteed money from the Patriots ($0).

In the NFL if you can play: teams don't care if you've murdered 10 people, are a locker room disaster, or have 12 kids with 12 women. If you can play you'll find a team.

I think Tebow's a great person but his supporters are WRONG. During the Broncos 2011 season Tebow helped them score more than 20 points ONLY 3 TIMES! In comparison Orton helped them score 20+ points 4 TIMES IN 5 GAMES!

So maybe Tebow is really good at inspiring defenses??? :confused::confused::confused:

I had to laugh at this comparison.

On a recent trip with his “bromance” partner Chris Christie, the New Jersey Governor took Obama to the Jersey Shore. The purpose of the trip was to show how New Jersey had bounced back Hurricane Sandy. Sandy rescued Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign after his miserable first debate. Now he needed positive photo opportunities to counter multiple scandals.

Yet Obama continued to make one unforgivable mistake. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he keeps trying to convince Americans that he is a “guy.”

Obama is of the male gender. He is just not a “guy’s guy.” This is not his fault. He lives in a house with five women. He grew up without a father. He never learned how to do normal “guy stuff.”

He bowled a 37. His attempt at skeet shooting was widely mocked when he failed to hold the gun properly. His attempt to throw a baseball was less than stellar. Even worse, he wore “mom jeans” on national television when he did it.His supporters insisted that he was a basketball jock. That myth was debunked when he shot 2 for 22. The shots were all uncontested.

Refusing to accept his status as a “metrosexual,” Obama decided to tackle the manliest of sports. He was going to succeed at football. More importantly, he was going to play quarterback. He would throw an accurate spiral through a hoop four feet away and win a stuffed animal, as men have been doing for generations.

His statistics were an embarrassing 0 for 5. Governor Christie had to win the stuffed animal for Obama. And on the first try......

Tebow became a sensation due to his devout Christianity. Yet all the love from his many fans could not change the fact that his ability to throw an oblate spheroid with accuracy was questionable. Tebow did string together some victories, but in the end the entire league saw a man who simply was not cut out for professional football as a quarterback.

Obama and Tim Tebow have a lot in common: They can't throw | Washington Times Communities

Ok, it's official, I hate Tim Tebow.

I was a Tebow hater before it was fashionable to hate him (Back when he was in college and even all the way through his playoff victory). But, I've found myself rooting him just to shut up all the a-holes. who hate him for their own vain reasons.

I liked Tim Tebow in college and in the pros and I too rooted for him because of the left's hatred. But now he's a Patriot and I can never ever support anyone on that team.

Best scenario I guess would be Tebow outscores everyone on the team but the team goes 0-16 for the season.

I may have to re-examine my hate of the Patriots; especially if Tebow is an impact player.

Why would you think a possible third-string QB on a team with Tom Brady would be an impact player? :confused:

Even if he plays a different position (which, from everything I've read, he does not want to do), where would he be an impact player? The Pats have great tight ends, and even if Gronk can't play, Hernandez is also very good. Ridley and Vereen are at rb. I don't see Tebow as a wr. So where would he be an impact player? Maybe special teams?

I may have to re-examine my hate of the Patriots; especially if Tebow is an impact player.

Why would you think a possible third-string QB on a team with Tom Brady would be an impact player? :confused:

Even if he plays a different position (which, from everything I've read, he does not want to do), where would he be an impact player? The Pats have great tight ends, and even if Gronk can't play, Hernandez is also very good. Ridley and Vereen are at rb. I don't see Tebow as a wr. So where would he be an impact player? Maybe special teams?

First off, how do you know he'll be third string? You don't.

Second off, Brady is 36 and injuries are a part of football.

Third off, there's a thing called the wildcat that's en vogue. Teams like to use it at times. If the Patriots do at all, then that'll mean a chance for Tebow to be an impact player.

Fourth off, I've never seen Tebow as anything but a QB sink or swim. In theory, he could play full back, but I don't know why he would really.

First off, how do you know he'll be third string? You don't.

Second off, Brady is 36 and injuries are a part of football.

Third off, there's a thing called the wildcat that's en vogue. Teams like to use it at times. If the Patriots do at all, then that'll mean a chance for Tebow to be an impact player.

Fourth off, I've never seen Tebow as anything but a QB sink or swim. In theory, he could play full back, but I don't know why he would really.

I think you may be behind the times a bit.....the Wildcat isn't in vogue anymore. It hasn't been the 'thing' for a while now. Or at least, it's not described as the Wildcat anymore. For example, the Niners are talked about a lot for using the Pistol formation, not the Wildcat.

I said Tebow is a possible third string qb. First, there's no guarantee he's even going to get a roster spot. Second, they Pats have a backup qb they've had for a few years and it might be hard for any backup qb to take over his spot; it depends on how strongly the Pats feel about him.

As I said in my earlier post, the Pats might use Tebow as a Slash type of player. That could include the Wildcat or other unusual/trick plays. I don't think it's likely he'd be used that often, though, because the Pats haven't had a lot of problems generating offense.

The reason I could see Tebow playing a different position than QB is to get a roster spot on a team. If teams don't want him as a qb (and all the reporting done has indicated that's mostly the case) they might want him in another position. A rb who can throw the ball decently well might be better than a qb who can run the ball, it's a matter of what the Patriots want and the personnel they have.

I've watched Tebow play. He made quite a lot of bad throws as a starter in Denver. Glaringly bad throws. That may be something he's improved, and all the talk around him has always been that he is a good teammate. I just need to see it to believe it.

LOL! Umm...

Love how all the Tebow LOVERS know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do :razz:

That's why teams were lining up left and right to sign him. And why he got SO MUCH guaranteed money from the Patriots ($0).

In the NFL if you can play: teams don't care if you've murdered 10 people, are a locker room disaster, or have 12 kids with 12 women. If you can play you'll find a team.

I think Tebow's a great person but his supporters are WRONG. During the Broncos 2011 season Tebow helped them score more than 20 points ONLY 3 TIMES! In comparison Orton helped them score 20+ points 4 TIMES IN 5 GAMES!

So maybe Tebow is really good at inspiring defenses??? :confused::confused::confused:

Yeah a pro QB with some 9 wins and a playoff victory with a 75 QB rating and a 110 rating for the 4th quarter at a professional obviously sux. Yep, he made the Jets lose with all his sukage though he only played a handful of snaps. /sarc

That some scouts like him and some do not is hardly a remarkable thing for an athlete.

That Tebow haters are so absolute in their obviously pig-headed evaluations is not professional nor objective. On both sides people are reacting to his faith at some level in most cases.

Forum List

Back