Tebow to sign with Patriots

I may have to re-examine my hate of the Patriots; especially if Tebow is an impact player.

Why would you think a possible third-string QB on a team with Tom Brady would be an impact player?
:confused:

Even if he plays a different position (which, from everything I've read, he does not want to do), where would he be an impact player? The Pats have great tight ends, and even if Gronk can't play, Hernandez is also very good. Ridley and Vereen are at rb. I don't see Tebow as a wr. So where would he be an impact player? Maybe special teams?

Think back to when Brady was Bledsoe's backup
:eusa_shhh:

Thank you for being reasonable, montrovant.

Why would you think a possible third-string QB on a team with Tom Brady would be an impact player? :confused:

Even if he plays a different position (which, from everything I've read, he does not want to do), where would he be an impact player? The Pats have great tight ends, and even if Gronk can't play, Hernandez is also very good. Ridley and Vereen are at rb. I don't see Tebow as a wr. So where would he be an impact player? Maybe special teams?

First off, how do you know he'll be third string? You don't.

Second off, Brady is 36 and injuries are a part of football.

Third off, there's a thing called the wildcat that's en vogue. Teams like to use it at times. If the Patriots do at all, then that'll mean a chance for Tebow to be an impact player.

Fourth off, I've never seen Tebow as anything but a QB sink or swim. In theory, he could play full back, but I don't know why he would really.

I think you may be behind the times a bit.....the Wildcat isn't in vogue anymore. It hasn't been the 'thing' for a while now. Or at least, it's not described as the Wildcat anymore. For example, the Niners are talked about a lot for using the Pistol formation, not the Wildcat.

True, but a lot of people use the word 'Wildcat for any QB running scheme. I don't know that that is wrong if the pistol is considered a sub-genre of the Wildcat.

I said Tebow is a possible third string qb. First, there's no guarantee he's even going to get a roster spot. Second, they Pats have a backup qb they've had for a few years and it might be hard for any backup qb to take over his spot; it depends on how strongly the Pats feel about him.

The team owner Kraft seems to admire Tebow, Belichick has commented on Tebows raw athleticism and leadership abilities. Brady seems to have a lot of respect for Tebow. So, I feel like 80% he is going to get a roster spot, and he will have to literally epic fail in training to get cut, IMO. The current #2 is a pretty decent QB as things stand now. Maybe the Pats are planning to shop him around for a trade later? Good bet though is that Tebow will stay third string at least for the current year.

As I said in my earlier post, the Pats might use Tebow as a Slash type of player. That could include the Wildcat or other unusual/trick plays. I don't think it's likely he'd be used that often, though, because the Pats haven't had a lot of problems generating offense.

The reason I could see Tebow playing a different position than QB is to get a roster spot on a team. If teams don't want him as a qb (and all the reporting done has indicated that's mostly the case) they might want him in another position. A rb who can throw the ball decently well might be better than a qb who can run the ball, it's a matter of what the Patriots want and the personnel they have.

I see what you mean, but RB, TE and the other plausible conversion positions are not simple to play. Tebow might not adapt to such a transition.

I've watched Tebow play. He made quite a lot of bad throws as a starter in Denver. Glaringly bad throws. That may be something he's improved, and all the talk around him has always been that he is a good teammate. I just need to see it to believe it.

According to several pro QBs Tebows mechanics are fixed. He still doesn't have that canon arm throwing with a flat trajectory, but he is far more accurate and has a quicker release.

Got a feeling it wont be an issue if he takes Brady's spot when he retires and puts Ws up.

Love how all the Tebow haters know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do.

LOL! Umm...

Love how all the Tebow LOVERS know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do :razz:

That's why teams were lining up left and right to sign him. And why he got SO MUCH guaranteed money from the Patriots ($0).

In the NFL if you can play: teams don't care if you've murdered 10 people, are a locker room disaster, or have 12 kids with 12 women. If you can play you'll find a team.

I think Tebow's a great person but his supporters are WRONG. During the Broncos 2011 season Tebow helped them score more than 20 points ONLY 3 TIMES! In comparison Orton helped them score 20+ points 4 TIMES IN 5 GAMES!

So maybe Tebow is really good at inspiring defenses??? :confused::confused::confused:

Yeah a pro QB with some 9 wins and a playoff victory with a 75 QB rating and a 110 rating for the 4th quarter at a professional obviously sux. Yep, he made the Jets lose with all his sukage though he only played a handful of snaps. /sarc

That some scouts like him and some do not is hardly a remarkable thing for an athlete.

That Tebow haters are so absolute in their obviously pig-headed evaluations is not professional nor objective. On both sides people are reacting to his faith at some level in most cases.

20+ in points in 3 games that season. That's worse than Mark Sanchez has ever done. That's not winning football. That is fluke football. Under Peyton Manning the Broncos had 20+ points in 15 of 16 games. Yes Peyton lost in the playoff game but his defense gave up 38 points, the most of the entire season. The argument that Tebow has more playoff wins than Manning is assinine the defense fell apart that game. 35 points is a hell of a lot of points for a loss.

Peyton led that EXACT SAME offense to 30+ points in 11 games. 12 if you count the playoff game.

Bottom line is that Tebow can only win with OUTSTANDING support from the defense.

Also, how many scouts can you find that like him?

Last edited:
Love how all the Tebow haters know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do.

LOL! Umm...

Love how all the Tebow LOVERS know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do :razz:

That's why teams were lining up left and right to sign him. And why he got SO MUCH guaranteed money from the Patriots ($0).

In the NFL if you can play: teams don't care if you've murdered 10 people, are a locker room disaster, or have 12 kids with 12 women. If you can play you'll find a team.

I think Tebow's a great person but his supporters are WRONG. During the Broncos 2011 season Tebow helped them score more than 20 points ONLY 3 TIMES! In comparison Orton helped them score 20+ points 4 TIMES IN 5 GAMES!

So maybe Tebow is really good at inspiring defenses??? :confused::confused::confused:

I thought Denver was a mess when he took over... I thought Tebow did a pretty good job considering that it was his first starts, and on a team that had a weak line, and was loosing all their games before he took over. I thought the turn around was pretty impressive for a rookie QB.

LOL! Umm...

I thought Denver was a mess when he took over... I thought Tebow did a pretty good job considering that it was his first starts, and on a team that had a weak line, and was loosing all their games before he took over. I thought the turn around was pretty impressive for a rookie QB.

The turnaround was impressive by the team, but in HALF of Tebow's starts he didn't acount for more than 1 touchdown. And the most he combined for (passing/rushing) was 3 (only 1 time). In his wins the Broncos defense allowed 24, 10, 13, 13, 32, 10, and 23 points. That's PRETTY damn good. And in the game where they allowed 32 points and won Tebow only accounted for 2 touchdowns. He doesn't score points. Period. That's why no one wants him. Not because it's an anti-religion conspiracy. RG3 and Kaepernick are super religious and I don't see them being discriminated against.

Their losses that year were also epic.

Last edited:
I had to laugh at this comparison.

On a recent trip with his “bromance” partner Chris Christie, the New Jersey Governor took Obama to the Jersey Shore. The purpose of the trip was to show how New Jersey had bounced back Hurricane Sandy. Sandy rescued Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign after his miserable first debate. Now he needed positive photo opportunities to counter multiple scandals.

Yet Obama continued to make one unforgivable mistake. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he keeps trying to convince Americans that he is a “guy.”

Obama is of the male gender. He is just not a “guy’s guy.” This is not his fault. He lives in a house with five women. He grew up without a father. He never learned how to do normal “guy stuff.”

He bowled a 37. His attempt at skeet shooting was widely mocked when he failed to hold the gun properly. His attempt to throw a baseball was less than stellar. Even worse, he wore “mom jeans” on national television when he did it.His supporters insisted that he was a basketball jock. That myth was debunked when he shot 2 for 22. The shots were all uncontested.

Refusing to accept his status as a “metrosexual,” Obama decided to tackle the manliest of sports. He was going to succeed at football. More importantly, he was going to play quarterback. He would throw an accurate spiral through a hoop four feet away and win a stuffed animal, as men have been doing for generations.

His statistics were an embarrassing 0 for 5. Governor Christie had to win the stuffed animal for Obama. And on the first try......

Tebow became a sensation due to his devout Christianity. Yet all the love from his many fans could not change the fact that his ability to throw an oblate spheroid with accuracy was questionable. Tebow did string together some victories, but in the end the entire league saw a man who simply was not cut out for professional football as a quarterback.

Obama and Tim Tebow have a lot in common: They can't throw | Washington Times Communities

Except that many professional QBs assert that Tebow now *can* throw. I think I will take there word over that of some anonymous internet humorist.

LOL! Umm...

The turnaround was impressive by the team, but in HALF of Tebow's starts he didn't acount for more than 1 touchdown.

That is hilarious. Do you have any idea how frequently a pro QB does NOT score ONE touchdown in a game? Yet you hold Tebow to this bullshit line of having to have more than a touchdown in a game? lol, your bias is eating you up.

And the most he combined for (passing/rushing) was 3 (only 1 time). In his wins the Broncos defense allowed 24, 10, 13, 13, 32, 10, and 23 points. That's PRETTY damn good. And in the game where they allowed 32 points and won Tebow only accounted for 2 touchdowns. He doesn't score points. Period.

You just presented evidence that Tebow scores, then assert he does not.

Evidently Tebow can score with more competence than you can present an argument.

That's why no one wants him.

What a ridiculous assertion. Tebow is one of the quickest veteran FA to get signed after the draft, and there are plenty of veteran FA's still not signed. And despite this you say 'no one' wants Tebow?

Do yourself a favor and stop snorting the Draino.

Not because it's an anti-religion conspiracy. RG3 and Kaepernick are super religious and I don't see them being discriminated against.

The beef with Tebow is not only that he is Christian but that he is also the product of homeschooling and is very outspoken. The antichristian stereotype is that those who are too open about being Christian are failures trying to distract others from their failure by talking about religion instead.

IT is just as big a lie as the ones you have told here.

Could it be that Belichick pulled the trigger on that deal just to fuck with Rex Ryan's head? I mean, envision this...the Patriots are on the Jet's 2 yard line and Tim Tebow runs out and lines up at tight end. I think Ryan would be so freaked out with the prospect of Tebow scoring a touchdown to beat him that he'd double team Tebow.

I say that with tongue in cheek but you gotta KNOW that would be going through Ryan's head. I can just hear him thinking to himself...."Please God, anyone but Tebow...anyone but that damn Tebow!!!"

The turnaround was impressive by the team, but in HALF of Tebow's starts he didn't acount for more than 1 touchdown.

That is hilarious. Do you have any idea how frequently a pro QB does NOT score ONE touchdown in a game? Yet you hold Tebow to this bullshit line of having to have more than a touchdown in a game? lol, your bias is eating you up.

Evidently Tebow can score with more competence than you can present an argument.

That's why no one wants him.

What a ridiculous assertion. Tebow is one of the quickest veteran FA to get signed after the draft, and there are plenty of veteran FA's still not signed. And despite this you say 'no one' wants Tebow?

Not because it's an anti-religion conspiracy. RG3 and Kaepernick are super religious and I don't see them being discriminated against.

The beef with Tebow is not only that he is Christian but that he is also the product of homeschooling and is very outspoken. The antichristian stereotype is that those who are too open about being Christian are failures trying to distract others from their failure by talking about religion instead.

Good lord :cuckoo:

Well I guess we'll have to just wait and see what happens.

I wonder who will be more right in the end (but I'm pretty sure who it'll be) :cool:

LOL! Umm...

Yeah a pro QB with some 9 wins and a playoff victory with a 75 QB rating and a 110 rating for the 4th quarter at a professional obviously sux. Yep, he made the Jets lose with all his sukage though he only played a handful of snaps. /sarc

That some scouts like him and some do not is hardly a remarkable thing for an athlete.

That Tebow haters are so absolute in their obviously pig-headed evaluations is not professional nor objective. On both sides people are reacting to his faith at some level in most cases.

20+ in points in 3 games that season. That's worse than Mark Sanchez has ever done. That's not winning football. That is fluke football. Under Peyton Manning the Broncos had 20+ points in 15 of 16 games. Yes Peyton lost in the playoff game but his defense gave up 38 points, the most of the entire season. The argument that Tebow has more playoff wins than Manning is assinine the defense fell apart that game. 35 points is a hell of a lot of points for a loss.

Peyton led that EXACT SAME offense to 30+ points in 11 games. 12 if you count the playoff game.

Bottom line is that Tebow can only win with OUTSTANDING support from the defense.

Also, how many scouts can you find that like him?

lol, and the bullshit never stops.

Tebow was just lucky that the miracle turn around for the Denver defense just happened to coincide with Tebows start. Yeah, pure coincidence. You apparently don't grasp how an improved offense can assist a defense.

The fact is that Tebow's QB rating is better than Sanchezes in 2012. The fact is that going from 1-4 to 6-5 winning 7 of the next 8 games is not a 'few wins'. The fact is that Manning did not win a play off game for Denver his first year and there is not reason to not blame him any more than the Denver loss is the Patriots is Tebows fault.

It is fascinating how an exemplary Christian life can cause atheists to become so frothingly hysterical that they say stupid things like you just have.

I may have to re-examine my hate of the Patriots; especially if Tebow is an impact player.

Why would you think a possible third-string QB on a team with Tom Brady would be an impact player? :confused:

Third off, there's a thing called the wildcat that's en vogue. Teams like to use it at times. If the Patriots do at all, then that'll mean a chance for Tebow to be an impact player.

Fourth off, I've never seen Tebow as anything but a QB sink or swim. In theory, he could play full back, but I don't know why he would really.

Ryan Mallett is firmly entrenched as the #2 quarterback...he knows the system and he's got a cannon for an arm. My belief is that Tebow will be converted to tight end. Belichick loves to run two tight end sets and he loves players that give the other team match-up problems. If Tebow can catch the ball (and I have no idea if that is the case) then he's got the speed to elude line backers and he's too big to cover with a safety. There aren't a lot of coaches that could get Tebow to try a new position...Bill Belichick might just be that guy.

Good lord :cuckoo:

Well I guess we'll have to just wait and see what happens.

I wonder who will be more right in the end (but I'm pretty sure who it'll be) :cool:

Yeah, you might bge right, or on the other hand Belichick, Kraft, Brady, Weinke, Testaverde, McDaniels and scades of others are right instead.

Hmmmm, wonder who I would bet on......

Patriots' Tim Tebow '100 times better' with new throwing mechanics, personal coaches say - NY Daily News

Tebow may no longer be a lame-duck quarterback without a contract, but according to a handful of quarterback tutors, including Trent Dilfer and Chris Weinke, among others who have recently praised Tebow’s changed throwing motion, he won’t be throwing his signature lame-duck passes for much longer, either.

“Like I told Tim when I found out (Monday) that he signed, ‘You’re locked and loaded, ready to go,’” Weinke told USA Today on Tuesday.

The most recent praise came from former IFL (Intense Football League) All-Star Dennis Gile, who worked extensively with Tebow on his throwing mechanics for more than three months in Scottsdale, Ariz., after last season. Gile, who was himself once signed by the Patriots as a undrafted free agent in 2003 but was subsequently released during training camp, told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that Tebow’s throwing motion has become “100 times better

“In shorts, out there on the football field, he changed his motion and he’s very smooth,” said Gile, who trains passers in Arizona alongside partner Mike Giovando. “I’ve got it on film, and film doesn’t lie.”

Tebow worked with the Patriots again on Wednesday, watching as Tom Brady and backup Ryan Mallett took turns on 7-on-7 drills. Tebow got into a few 11-on-11 drills, hitting Chaz Schilens — his roommate with the Jets last year — with a low pass, but also throwing a pass at a defender’s feet.

Still, owner Robert Kraft was impressed, saying, “I was just out there for a short period, but to me, he looked pretty good. It’s fun having him here. I think that Tom Brady throws pretty well and I also think Ryan Mallett does the same. So it’s nice to have three quarterbacks who can throw very well.”

Later, Kraft told USA Today that Tebow is “a winner,” and “I don’t know anyone who hasn’t said anything but positive things about him. I’m happy he is part of our franchise. You can’t get enough people like him. Life is about collecting good people around you. You can’t have enough good people.”

Shit, I guess I just have to go with the people who know what the fuck they are talking about.

It is fascinating how an exemplary Christian life can cause atheists to become so frothingly hysterical that they say stupid things like you just have.

That's the key statement. Religion is driving your argument. I promise you if teams thought that Tebow could win them a championship there would be an epic war to sign him. He's a gigantic money cow. Every owner would want to sign him. He'd be the ultimate poster boy for the game if he could play.

Tim Tebow New England Patriots merchandise floods*internet as Tebowmania reaches third city in past three seasons* - NY Daily News

But he doesn't score points. Sorry.

Ryan Mallett is firmly entrenched as the #2 quarterback...he knows the system and he's got a cannon for an arm. My belief is that Tebow will be converted to tight end. Belichick loves to run two tight end sets and he loves players that give the other team match-up problems. If Tebow can catch the ball (and I have no idea if that is the case) then he's got the speed to elude line backers and he's too big to cover with a safety. There aren't a lot of coaches that could get Tebow to try a new position...Bill Belichick might just be that guy.

Do you really think that pro tight end positions are that simple that you can just pop anyone in there and they can pick up all the technique to be successful in one year?

Tebow is going to be a QB, and I think it more likely that Mallet is going to be traded at the end of the season after getting a lot of playing time to show him off this year. I think he is OK with that and likely tired of waiting for Bradey to retire. Tebow I think is willing to play back up till 2016 or so while he learns behind Brady and improves his game.

That's the key statement. Religion is driving your argument.

Sorry, but I am not a home-schooled evangelical Christian, so no, religion is not driving my arguments the facts are. How many second year QBs have led teams to victories in the playoffs? Have led their teams to a 7-1 streak of wins and qualification to the playoffs?

Answer; very few.

Folks like you will denigrate everything Tebow does no matter how impressive and the mystery is why does this hysteria grip people like you and not others? The answer seems to be apparent; you and the other Tebow haters just cant tolerate outspoken Christians.

I promise you if teams thought that Tebow could win them a championship there would be an epic war to sign him.

Bullshit. Most teams have no idea who will pan who wont prior to rookie training camp, and wait till they do see some short-comings prior to signing FAs. Only the top FAs go this soon after the draft and before rookie training camp.

He's a gigantic money cow. Every owner would want to sign him. He'd be the ultimate poster boy for the game if he could play.]

So this is somehow proof Tebow is a bad QB? lol

No, he does; sorry, you just refuse to see it because you are blinded by hatred of a home schooled great athlete.

Last edited:

Sorry, but I am not a home-schooled evangelical Christian, so no, religion is not driving my arguments the facts are. How many second year QBs have led teams to victories in the playoffs? Have led their teams to a 7-1 streak of wins and qualification to the playoffs?

Answer; very few.

Folks like you will denigrate everything Tebow does no matter how impressive and the mystery is why does this hysteria grip people like you and not others? The answer seems to be apparent; you and the other Tebow haters just cant tolerate outspoken Christians.

Bullshit. Most teams have no idea who will pan who wont prior to rookie training camp, and wait till they do see some short-comings prior to signing FAs. Only the top FAs go this soon after the draft and before rookie training camp.

He's a gigantic money cow. Every owner would want to sign him. He'd be the ultimate poster boy for the game if he could play.]

No, he does sorry, you just refuse to see it because you are blinded by hatred of a home schooled great athlete.

Ugh. Well maybe he'll prove people wrong and become a starter sometime in the next 5 years. But don't be surprised if he's cut before week 1.

The Tebow hating frenzy has reached such hysterics that things like this reporter happen all the time:
Patriots' Tim Tebow '100 times better' with new throwing mechanics, personal coaches say - NY Daily News

Tebow was lousy at best in his 76 snaps under center for the Jets this past season, averaging 4.8 yards per completion and compiling a cut-worthy 17.9 QBR.

Tebows QB rating for the Jets in 2012 was 85
Tim Tebow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where the hell does this lock-minded hate come from that a reporter gets such a basic state entirely wrong?

Last edited:

Answer; very few.

No, he does sorry, you just refuse to see it because you are blinded by hatred of a home schooled great athlete.

Ugh. Well maybe he'll prove people wrong and become a starter sometime in the next 5 years. But don't be surprised if he's cut before week 1.

Thanks, but I will be surprised anyway. It isn't going to happen, dude.

List of awards and honors given to Tebow, the supposedly WORST QB in the NFL.

(From Wikipedia)
College

2006 season
SEC All-Freshman Team[160]

2007 season
Tim Tebow in 2007Davey O'Brien Award winner[161]
Heisman Trophy winner
Maxwell Award winner[161]
Walter Camp Award finalist[162]
Sporting News Player of the Year
Harley Award winner
Quarterback of the Year[163]
First-team Academic All-American[164]
Manning Award finalist[165]
Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year[166]
Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year[167]
First-team All-SEC (Associated Press,[168] Coaches,[169] Rivals.com[167])
Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year[168]
Associated Press Player of the Year[170]
First-team All-American by: Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com
James E. Sullivan Award[171]
Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year.[172]
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete[173]

2008 season
First-team All-America by College Football News.
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete
Heisman Trophy finalist
Manning Award winner
Maxwell Award winner
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week[174]
2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player
First-team All-SEC (AP,[175] Coaches,[176] Rivals.com[177])
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year
Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year[178]
Wuerffel Trophy winner

2009 season
William V. Campbell Trophy winner
Senior CLASS Award
Heisman Trophy finalist
First-team All-SEC (AP,[179] Coaches,[180] Rivals.com[181])
Second-team All-America (Walter Camp Foundation)
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year
Sports Illustrated College football Player of the Decade[182]

Man, Tebow must REALLY suck to get all those awards, lol.

I'm a huge Dolphin fan. I loved to watch Tebow play as a gator. I loved to watch Tebow play as a Bronco. Lord help me I hate the Pats with a passion, but you know what... with Tebow on their team I just might become a fan of the Patriots. Some athletes transcend their game, and it's not about being perfect, it's about a being a good honest person that has a passion for the game they play, playing their heart out. Remember the 1980 US Olympic hockey game against the Russians? Yeah it's like that. When my son plays sports people come up to me during and after games telling me how much they love to watch my son play, that he has so much passion for the game, some are reduced to tears while cheering for him. Yeah it's like that.

Forum List

Back