Tebow to sign with Patriots

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
Report: Patriots to sign Tim Tebow

Now I've been someone who thinks that Tim Tebow's not capable of starting in the NFL. But if there's 1 team and 1 coach that can make it happen this is it. Could he back up Gronk at the TE position? Will the Pats revolutionize the game and go for the 2-point conversion after every touchdown? Will they stick Tebow in a surprise position and make him a star? Look at Danny Woodhead... who nobody had ever heard of until Belichik invented the crazy role he's in now.

He could, of course, not make the team at all before the season starts but for all you Tebow fans he just landed in the best possible situation he could be in.

I think and hope it'll be very interesting. On the other hand though, I'm glad the Redskins stayed away :razz:

Thoughts pplz?

Tim+Tebow+Denver+Broncos+v+Arizona+Cardinals+PKsoe7l21FVl.jpg

So to all of you Godless freaks........fuck you.

Tim Tebow to sign with New England Patriots, sources say - ESPN Boston

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9362884

Last edited:
  • Banned
Now I've been someone who thinks that Tim Tebow's not capable of starting in the NFL.

If a team has a dominant defense and/or running game, they can overcome weak QB play and win a SB. But leaving that aside....

Is Tebow capable of being a starting QB in the NFL? Absolutely. He's already proven that at least to a degree.

But to be a more consistent QB, he needs to fix his mechanics. And does he have field vision? Tough to say. I could see the game slowing down for him once he learns how to throw.

One thing I believe is that he's certainly a solid back-up QB by most team's standards and its a joke that so many teams were blackballing this former Heisman winner who won a playoff game just a couple years ago.

Training camp should be a fun circus to watch. The lefty media around here will love hating him.

Now I've been someone who thinks that Tim Tebow's not capable of starting in the NFL.

If a team has a dominant defense and/or running game, they can overcome weak QB play and win a SB. But leaving that aside....

Is Tebow capable of being a starting QB in the NFL? Absolutely. He's already proven that at least to a degree.

But to be a more consistent QB, he needs to fix his mechanics. And does he have field vision? Tough to say. I could see the game slowing down for him once he learns how to throw.

One thing I believe is that he's certainly a solid back-up QB by most team's standards and its a joke that so many teams were blackballing this former Heisman winner who won a playoff game just a couple years ago.

Passing tutor: Tebow 'locked and loaded, ready to go'

Former Heisman Trophy winner and Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke spent the past month tweaking Tim Tebow's mechanics and is convinced Tebow 2.0, released in April after a failed one-year tenure with the New York Jets, doesn't have to change positions to stick with the New England Patriots.

"Do I think he can play the quarterback position in the NFL? Yeah, no question,'' Weinke told USA TODAY Sports Monday. "Like I told Tim when I found out (Monday) that he signed, 'You're locked and loaded, ready to go.'''

It sure doesn't hurt that Tebow could have some situational chances this season to prove the Jets wrong for releasing him.

Tim's about as competitive a guy as you're ever going to be around,'' Weinke said. "Tim didn't spend any time talking about the Jets releasing him. But at the end of the day, he's been humbled and he's hungry.

"That's good. He'll go up to New England. And they'll be pleased with the way he's throwing the football."

The IMG Academy director said from his Bradenton, Fla., office that Tebow couldn't have landed in a better spot in his bid to prove he's still a viable quarterback prospect

I think Tebow may be about to mature into a pretty damn good QB. He will have the pressure off of him as no one expects Tebow to take Brady's job, so Tebow is a second string project, and I would bet he will take Brady's job when Brady decides to retire.

Report: Patriots to sign Tim Tebow

Now I've been someone who thinks that Tim Tebow's not capable of starting in the NFL. But if there's 1 team and 1 coach that can make it happen this is it. Could he back up Gronk at the TE position? Will the Pats revolutionize the game and go for the 2-point conversion after every touchdown? Will they stick Tebow in a surprise position and make him a star? Look at Danny Woodhead... who nobody had ever heard of until Belichik invented the crazy role he's in now.

He could, of course, not make the team at all before the season starts but for all you Tebow fans he just landed in the best possible situation he could be in.

I think and hope it'll be very interesting. On the other hand though, I'm glad the Redskins stayed away :razz:

Thoughts pplz?

Me too, but for other reasons as I am a Cowboys fan, at least for now.

I am getting damned sick of J Jones and crew.

Training camp should be a fun circus to watch. The lefty media around here will love hating him.

I'm hoping the Pats won't allow the circus to happen. That's why I like Tebow going there. He'll finally get an unbiased shot. If he can cut it, then Belichick will put him on the field.

I got the feeling that the Jets just acquired him so they could trash him in public. Too many GD liberals live in NYC for Tebow to be accepted.

I'm hoping the Pats won't allow the circus to happen. That's why I like Tebow going there. He'll finally get an unbiased shot. If he can cut it, then Belichick will put him on the field.

I got the feeling that the Jets just acquired him so they could trash him in public. Too many GD liberals live in NYC for Tebow to be accepted.

The Jets owner is a staunch conservative, who very vocally supported Mitt Romney.

What is your issue with Liberals not accepting bad Quarterbacks?

My gut feeling is he doesn't make the final roster

Not only will he be the on the roster, but he'll play during the season. Bellicek wouldn't be signing him if that wasn't his plan.

Belichick will bring him into camp, have him run specially selected plays, say "This guy sucks" and cut him

Same as the Jets

Last edited:

Forum List

Back