Tebow to sign with Patriots

First off, how do you know he'll be third string? You don't.

Second off, Brady is 36 and injuries are a part of football.

Third off, there's a thing called the wildcat that's en vogue. Teams like to use it at times. If the Patriots do at all, then that'll mean a chance for Tebow to be an impact player.

Fourth off, I've never seen Tebow as anything but a QB sink or swim. In theory, he could play full back, but I don't know why he would really.

Ryan Mallett is firmly entrenched as the #2 quarterback...he knows the system and he's got a cannon for an arm. My belief is that Tebow will be converted to tight end. Belichick loves to run two tight end sets and he loves players that give the other team match-up problems. If Tebow can catch the ball (and I have no idea if that is the case) then he's got the speed to elude line backers and he's too big to cover with a safety. There aren't a lot of coaches that could get Tebow to try a new position...Bill Belichick might just be that guy.

Do you really think that pro tight end positions are that simple that you can just pop anyone in there and they can pick up all the technique to be successful in one year?

Tebow is going to be a QB, and I think it more likely that Mallet is going to be traded at the end of the season after getting a lot of playing time to show him off this year. I think he is OK with that and likely tired of waiting for Bradey to retire. Tebow I think is willing to play back up till 2016 or so while he learns behind Brady and improves his game.

Never said that changing a player's position was simple, Jim but probably the players most able to make a transition such as that are quarterbacks who basically have to know what the all the other players on offense are doing and are generally some of the more intelligent players on the team. Belichick has a history of liking cerebral players that CAN play different positions. Let's face it...there was little interest shown in Tebow as a quarterback in this league. The Patriots signed him for the veteran's minimum so they have not invested a large sum of money in him if he doesn't work out. He is a smart guy, he's an athelete and he's willing to work his butt off. If he wants to play football in the NFL he's either going to have to demonstrate that he can throw the ball better or he's going to have to play another position. That's reality.

Mallett is definitely trade bait because he HAS learned the Patriot's system and he's got elite quarterback skills which makes him a valuable commodity either backing up Tom Brady or by becoming a starter on another team via a trade. Belichick doesn't make that trade however unless he likes whoever would step up to be Brady's back-up and Tebow isn't even close to being that guy at this point.

Ryan Mallett is firmly entrenched as the #2 quarterback...he knows the system and he's got a cannon for an arm. My belief is that Tebow will be converted to tight end. Belichick loves to run two tight end sets and he loves players that give the other team match-up problems. If Tebow can catch the ball (and I have no idea if that is the case) then he's got the speed to elude line backers and he's too big to cover with a safety. There aren't a lot of coaches that could get Tebow to try a new position...Bill Belichick might just be that guy.

Do you really think that pro tight end positions are that simple that you can just pop anyone in there and they can pick up all the technique to be successful in one year?

Tebow is going to be a QB, and I think it more likely that Mallet is going to be traded at the end of the season after getting a lot of playing time to show him off this year. I think he is OK with that and likely tired of waiting for Bradey to retire. Tebow I think is willing to play back up till 2016 or so while he learns behind Brady and improves his game.

Never said that changing a player's position was simple, Jim but probably the players most able to make a transition such as that are quarterbacks who basically have to know what the all the other players on offense are doing and are generally some of the more intelligent players on the team. Belichick has a history of liking cerebral players that CAN play different positions. Let's face it...there was little interest shown in Tebow as a quarterback in this league. The Patriots signed him for the veteran's minimum so they have not invested a large sum of money in him if he doesn't work out. He is a smart guy, he's an athelete and he's willing to work his butt off. If he wants to play football in the NFL he's either going to have to demonstrate that he can throw the ball better or he's going to have to play another position. That's reality.

Mallett is definitely trade bait because he HAS learned the Patriot's system and he's got elite quarterback skills which makes him a valuable commodity either backing up Tom Brady or by becoming a starter on another team via a trade. Belichick doesn't make that trade however unless he likes whoever would step up to be Brady's back-up and Tebow isn't even close to being that guy at this point.
Brady's 35 getting up there, football is a tough sport, not many QB's get to 37 in this game before major injuries take them out of it, he's already torn two ligaments in his left knee, father time is ticking for him.

List of awards and honors given to Tebow, the supposedly WORST QB in the NFL.

(From Wikipedia)
College

2006 season
SEC All-Freshman Team[160]

2007 season
Tim Tebow in 2007Davey O'Brien Award winner[161]
Heisman Trophy winner
Maxwell Award winner[161]
Walter Camp Award finalist[162]
Sporting News Player of the Year
Harley Award winner
Quarterback of the Year[163]
First-team Academic All-American[164]
Manning Award finalist[165]
Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year[166]
Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year[167]
First-team All-SEC (Associated Press,[168] Coaches,[169] Rivals.com[167])
Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year[168]
Associated Press Player of the Year[170]
First-team All-American by: Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com
James E. Sullivan Award[171]
Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year.[172]
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete[173]

2008 season
First-team All-America by College Football News.
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete
Heisman Trophy finalist
Manning Award winner
Maxwell Award winner
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week[174]
2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player
First-team All-SEC (AP,[175] Coaches,[176] Rivals.com[177])
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year
Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year[178]
Wuerffel Trophy winner

2009 season
William V. Campbell Trophy winner
Senior CLASS Award
Heisman Trophy finalist
First-team All-SEC (AP,[179] Coaches,[180] Rivals.com[181])
Second-team All-America (Walter Camp Foundation)
Sports Illustrated College football Player of the Decade[182]

Man, Tebow must REALLY suck to get all those awards, lol.

Really? Showing off college stats to prove NFL worthiness?

Should we go find Ryan Leaf's college stats? Better yet, let's go look at JaMarcus Russell's college stats so he can become a starter again! :tongue:

LOL! Umm...

Love how all the Tebow LOVERS know so much more about what makes a good NFL QB than the scouts and owners do :razz:

That's why teams were lining up left and right to sign him. And why he got SO MUCH guaranteed money from the Patriots ($0).

In the NFL if you can play: teams don't care if you've murdered 10 people, are a locker room disaster, or have 12 kids with 12 women. If you can play you'll find a team.

I think Tebow's a great person but his supporters are WRONG. During the Broncos 2011 season Tebow helped them score more than 20 points ONLY 3 TIMES! In comparison Orton helped them score 20+ points 4 TIMES IN 5 GAMES!

So maybe Tebow is really good at inspiring defenses??? :confused::confused::confused:

I thought Denver was a mess when he took over... I thought Tebow did a pretty good job considering that it was his first starts, and on a team that had a weak line, and was loosing all their games before he took over. I thought the turn around was pretty impressive for a rookie QB.

The turnaround was impressive by the team, but in HALF of Tebow's starts he didn't acount for more than 1 touchdown. And the most he combined for (passing/rushing) was 3 (only 1 time). In his wins the Broncos defense allowed 24, 10, 13, 13, 32, 10, and 23 points. That's PRETTY damn good. And in the game where they allowed 32 points and won Tebow only accounted for 2 touchdowns. He doesn't score points. Period. That's why no one wants him. Not because it's an anti-religion conspiracy. RG3 and Kaepernick are super religious and I don't see them being discriminated against.

Their losses that year were also epic.

You're right of course, Tebow is not a typical NFL quarterback, but I don't think you're giving him his due. The Denver defense didn't suddenly get better when Tebow took over; the offensive game plan was changed in such a way that offensive time of possession increased and turnovers decreased, leaving the defense less time on the field and therefore able to reduce the overall points scored by opposing offenses.

In defiance of conventional wisdom, Denver is 6-1 since naming Tebow its starting quarterback, improving the Broncos' overall record from 1-4 to 7-5. During this resurgence, traditional measures of quarterback performance have predictably declined, but other more important offensive and team statistics have improved markedly. For instance, "Passing Yards per game" have declined from 212 to 137, but "Rushing Yards per game" have nearly doubled from 102 to 200; in fact, the Broncos now lead the NFL in rushing, and Tebow ranks third among all players in average yards per carry. Similarly, "Pass Completion %" has fallen from 58% to 47%, but "Turnovers Committed" have dropped from 2.4 to just 1.0, with Tebow throwing 10 touchdowns against just 1 interception. Most important, under the Broncos' run-oriented offense, Denver's "Time of Possession" has risen significantly from 26:43 to 30:16; not surprisingly, then, the well-rested Denver defense has yielded six fewer "Points Against" per game.

Now for the math: through the first 12 games of this NFL season, Time of Possession and Turnovers Committed are the only two stats that have a statistically significant correlation with both Points For and Points Against. Time of Possession is positively correlated with Points For and inversely correlated with Points Against. Turnovers Committed is inversely correlated with Points For and positively correlated with Points Against. Plainly stated, teams like the Tebow-led Broncos that possess the ball and do not commit turnovers, regularly outscore their opponents. No other football statistics are better predictors of a game's final score.
Tim Tebow is the Sole Reason for the Denver Broncos' Success - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Last edited:
List of awards and honors given to Tebow, the supposedly WORST QB in the NFL.

(From Wikipedia)
College

2006 season
SEC All-Freshman Team[160]

2007 season
Tim Tebow in 2007Davey O'Brien Award winner[161]
Heisman Trophy winner
Maxwell Award winner[161]
Walter Camp Award finalist[162]
Sporting News Player of the Year
Harley Award winner
Quarterback of the Year[163]
Manning Award finalist[165]
Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year[166]
Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year[167]
First-team All-SEC (Associated Press,[168] Coaches,[169] Rivals.com[167])
Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year[168]
Associated Press Player of the Year[170]
First-team All-American by: Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com
James E. Sullivan Award[171]
Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year.[172]
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete[173]

2008 season
First-team All-America by College Football News.
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete
Heisman Trophy finalist
Manning Award winner
Maxwell Award winner
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week[174]
2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player
First-team All-SEC (AP,[175] Coaches,[176] Rivals.com[177])
Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year[178]
Wuerffel Trophy winner

2009 season
William V. Campbell Trophy winner
Senior CLASS Award
Heisman Trophy finalist
First-team All-SEC (AP,[179] Coaches,[180] Rivals.com[181])
Second-team All-America (Walter Camp Foundation)
Sports Illustrated College football Player of the Decade[182]

Man, Tebow must REALLY suck to get all those awards, lol.

Really? Showing off college stats to prove NFL worthiness?

Should we go find Ryan Leaf's college stats? Better yet, let's go look at JaMarcus Russell's college stats so he can become a starter again! :tongue:

No, just that h e is not a horrible QB, worst in the league, etc.

The 85 QB rating and 75 lifetime in three years shows he doesn't suck as a pro. Those are not stellar numbers, sure, but his 4th quarter QB rating of 110 shows how much potential he truly has.

I thought Denver was a mess when he took over... I thought Tebow did a pretty good job considering that it was his first starts, and on a team that had a weak line, and was loosing all their games before he took over. I thought the turn around was pretty impressive for a rookie QB.

The turnaround was impressive by the team, but in HALF of Tebow's starts he didn't acount for more than 1 touchdown. And the most he combined for (passing/rushing) was 3 (only 1 time). In his wins the Broncos defense allowed 24, 10, 13, 13, 32, 10, and 23 points. That's PRETTY damn good. And in the game where they allowed 32 points and won Tebow only accounted for 2 touchdowns. He doesn't score points. Period. That's why no one wants him. Not because it's an anti-religion conspiracy. RG3 and Kaepernick are super religious and I don't see them being discriminated against.

Their losses that year were also epic.

You're right of course, Tebow is not a typical NFL quarterback, but I don't think you're giving him his due. The Denver defense didn't suddenly get better when Tebow took over; the offensive game plan was changed in such a way that offensive time of possession increased and turnovers decreased, leaving the defense less time on the field and therefore able to reduce the overall points scored by opposing offenses.

In other words, the Tebow led offense DID in fact improve defensive play.

Patriot's star TE may be charged with murder...dude already shot a guy in Florida. OP might be prophetic hoping Timmy be a TE for the Brady bunch.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.. :lol:

Tebow as Tight End may be all they have

Patriot's star TE may be charged with murder...dude already shot a guy in Florida. OP might be prophetic hoping Timmy be a TE for the Brady bunch.

Or they may not. How often do you waste precious electrons posting stupid ass shit like that?

Yes, Tebow might end up playing tight end, but his position on the roster will be QB, because that is what he is, no matter what lies haters like you tell about Tebow.

Or they may not. How often do you waste precious electrons posting stupid ass shit like that?

Yes, Tebow might end up playing tight end, but his position on the roster will be QB, because that is what he is, no matter what lies haters like you tell about Tebow.

Many, many NFL teams would disagree on Tebows qualifications as QB

NFL teams switch players positions on the team frequently. There are many former QBs listed as other than QBs on rosters on many teams. It is not up to Timmy or his fans where he plays on the Patriots. I guess we will find out if his number is in the 80s.

Use your aggressive feelings... let the hate flow through you.

My guess is he'll get to QB for four or so quarters in the pre-season. He might practice at TE some when not busy practicing at QB and/or special teams. Don't know if he ever goes from being a backup QB to a starter... depends on his progress... but that's not necessarily a bad thing. To be a high paid backup QB for the NFL... yeah not a bad job.

My guess is he'll get to QB for four or so quarters in the pre-season. He might practice at TE some when not busy practicing at QB and/or special teams. Don't know if he ever goes from being a backup QB to a starter... depends on his progress... but that's not necessarily a bad thing. To be a high paid backup QB for the NFL... yeah not a bad job.

Hah! It's my dream to be a highly paid professional sports player...who never plays a game. :tongue:

Use your aggressive feelings... let the hate flow through you.

I do not hate NFL players who suck. I just do not make excuses for them

Forum List

Back