Tea Party

Not trying to flame, but on what FACTS do you base your impression? The "Tea Party" represents fiscally responsible Republicans and Independents who understand that, once the US Dollar ceases being the world's reserve currency and safe haven, interest on the national debt will bankrupt us. Just do the math.

If that were indeed the case, I would be joining. My impression, based upon the candidates put forth and the people I have talked to, is that the Tea Partys tend to be people who think taxes should be low (unless it is for benefits coming to them) and that everyone should be free to do what they think people should do. So they generally oppose same sex marriage, access to abortion, legalizing drugs, etc. Show me a Tea Party that is for fiscal responsibility and doesn't want the government telling me how to live, they can sign me up.

those are all lies so you need to stay with the Democrat party

If none of you has taken the TIME to research the Tea Party by now to see what they stand for and comes up with stuff like they OPPOSE access to abortion, (legalizing drugs? are you people serious).

those thing are furthest from the American people minds when they go to vote

You don't know about the tea Party because YOU DON'T CARE to know.... you will base all your decisions in life what others tells you from the Democrat party, lamestream media, left wing hate sites like freakoutnations..., you should be asking yourselves WHY? that is and why you're so lazy that you can be led so easily to THINK otherwise and instead of analyzing things like how the media and Democrats label the Tea PARTY all Racist, and instead think for yourselves

Last edited:
If none of you has taken the TIME to research the Tea Party by now to see what they stand for and comes up with stuff like they OPPOSE access to abortion, (legalizing drugs? are you people serious).

You don't know about the tea Party because YOU DON'T CARE to know.... you will base all your decisions in life what others tells you from the Democrat party, lamestream media, left wing hate sites like freakoutnations..., you should be asking yourselves WHY? that is and why you're so lazy that you can led so easily to THINK otherwise and TO think for yourselves?

What the Tea Party alleges it "stands for" versus the ACTIONS taken by TP candidates once they are in office are not the same thing at all. The discrepancy between the fictional Tea Party stance and their actual behavior means that everyone now recognizes the TP for what it really is. Just another name for the same religious right that Pat Robertson founded. The political agenda is the same even if it is now being disguised by other terms.

Perhaps the only significant difference is that the Libertarians are now allied with the religious right under the Tea Party banner. To be precise they are LINO's since they oppose gay marriage and legalization of marijuana which are things that genuine Libertarians would support on principle. But the religious right is really just using the LINO's as a beard. In turn the LINO's are using the religious right to further their own agenda which is pro 1% and anti lower class Americans. The fact that the middle class is being harmed by their agenda does not factor into their "thinking" because only the 1% matter to the LINO's.

So the Tea Party of today is just a marriage of convenience between two groups who share a common antipathy towards their fellow Americans who are different in some aspect or another to themselves. This antipathy is obvious when it comes to immigrants. Throughout the history of this nation the immigrants who have arrived here have had 2 clear goals. One is to work hard and the other is to obtain an education for themselves and/or their children. This applies to the illegal immigrants just as it applies to the legal ones. But to hear the TP candidates you would have to believe that every single immigrant is only interested in running drugs and sponging off the taxpayers.

It is this kind of language that exposes the truth behind the Tea Party facade. Perhaps this quote by David Brat sort of sums up the alliance between the LINO's and the religious right.

“Can Christians force others to follow their ethical teachings on social issues? Note that consistency is lacking on all sides of this issue. The political Right likes to champion individual rights and individual liberty, but it has also worked to enforce morality in relation to abortion, gambling, and homosexuality,” [David] Brat wrote.

You don't know about the tea Party because YOU DON'T CARE to know.... you will base all your decisions in life what others tells you from the Democrat party, lamestream media, left wing hate sites like freakoutnations..., you should be asking yourselves WHY? that is and why you're so lazy that you can be led so easily to THINK otherwise and instead of analyzing things like how the media and Democrats label the Tea PARTY all Racist, and instead think for yourselves

Again, I pay attention to what they do. Apparently you don't. I don't pay attention to news stories, because those are about selling soap - not informing. I look at state budgets and legislation. I get that information directly from the source. It is all public access, so you could do it to if you were actually interested.

But you aren't interested, are you? You want to be told that what you already believe is true and will accept the word of anyone willing to do that. You won't check it for yourself.

So when I ask for someone, anyone, to give me a single example to support their claim on what the Tea Parties actually stand for - aside from their propaganda - I get silence. Because there are no examples. The one time someone did, they did so without even bothering to check if they were right. When I pointed out why they were wrong (with information directly from the source and unfiltered by propaganda), they just accused me of being a whiner and stomped off.

So believe what you like. Be a puppet and think what you're told to think. Don't take the few minutes to actually examine your beliefs because you don't want to upset yourself.

Again, I pay attention to what they do. Apparently you don't. I don't pay attention to news stories, because those are about selling soap - not informing. I look at state budgets and legislation. I get that information directly from the source. It is all public access, so you could do it to if you were actually interested.

But you aren't interested, are you? You want to be told that what you already believe is true and will accept the word of anyone willing to do that. You won't check it for yourself.

So when I ask for someone, anyone, to give me a single example to support their claim on what the Tea Parties actually stand for - aside from their propaganda - I get silence. Because there are no examples. The one time someone did, they did so without even bothering to check if they were right. When I pointed out why they were wrong (with information directly from the source and unfiltered by propaganda), they just accused me of being a whiner and stomped off.

So believe what you like. Be a puppet and think what you're told to think. Don't take the few minutes to actually examine your beliefs because you don't want to upset yourself.

Get on with your life...I wasn't talking to you was I?
If you took it personally maybe there some truth that hit your nerve

Last edited:

Get on with your life...I wasn't talking to you was I?

Yes, you were. You were responding directly to my post and doing so on a public board.

Why don't you get off your backside? I gave you a challenge. You are so sure you are right, take the time to prove it. Show me the examples of legislation, show me the budget numbers. If these people are actually doing what you claim they are doing, then you should be able to show it. Because if you can't, if you haven't already done this, then you are just spouting what you have been told. And that makes you a puppet.

For starters your link does not go to your source at all.

Secondly the total number of shutdowns that were abortion related was 5 rather than 7.

Then we come to this utterly bogus allegation of yours;

The disputes were over Federal funding for abortions only. They had nothing whatsoever to do with the Constitutional privacy right to obtain an abortion.

So your entire diatribe was nothing but a red herring.

Two of them were very small and was over the weekend.
Where did I say Constitutional privacy right?

Abortion is not in our Constitution. The Courts ruled on it and it can be overturned in the future like many Supreme Court rulings have been done before.
The SCOTUS ruling for RvW cited the Constitutional right to privacy as the basis for abortion. Overturning RvW would require negating your right to privacy. That means that the government will have the right to search your home at any time it likes, look into your personal medical history at will and have access to your bank accounts, credit card records, etc, etc. Are you willing to give all that up because that is what it will take.
My point was that the liberals who were a small amount in the 70's shut the government down over their ideology.

Tea Party did not shut down the government.
The Dem's refused to negotiate over a delay in the implementing of the Health Care Law.
Dem's shut it down.
The Government did not shut down over the Tea Party wanting to repeal the Health Care Law.

Sorry here is the link
When Tip Did It | National Review Online

The latest government shutdowns were driven entirely by the Tea Party ideologues. Neither the Speaker nor the Senate Minority leader were in favor of those shutdowns. However they allowed the Tea Party to shut down the government to make a point about spending. They drew the line when the Tea Party threatened to violate the creditworthiness of the US government.

You just said what the media said and it is not true.

The Tea Party did not want a shut down either.
Did you watch C-Span?
I did and the Democrats in the Senate shut down the Government over the delay. They refused to negotiate. Dems delayed it later.
Calls to Delay Obamacare Mandate Divide Democrats - ABC News

The Tea Party in the U.S. House of Representatives attached a provision to a spending bill that required eliminating funding for the implementation of the PPACA in order to fund the rest of the U.S. Federal Government.

That bill was sent to the U.S. Senate. The Senate then stripped out the provisions relating to refunding the PPACA, and sent it back to the House. The House then sent back a version of the bill that delayed implementation of the Act for one year, and the Senate tabled the measure and didn’t even take it up for consideration.
That delay of implementation was the Regular GOP not the Tea Party.
Tea Party was about repealing and funding.
The delay was not and the Dems refused any negotiations over it. Yet they still delayed it later on. The shut down was needless because the President and Harry Reid refused to delay the implementation of the Health Care. If they had negotiated and had even gotten it down from a year to to just 3 months of a delay they would not have had the embarrassing web site problems.

Why Did The U.S. Government Shut Down In October 2013? - Forbes

The media blamed the TEA Party over the funding rather than the Dem's who refused to talk about the delay.

And many say that the Media is not biased when it obviously is. They took the Dem's side instead of actually reporting what really happened.
Only the people who watched C-Span knew what really took place.

Last edited:
Two of them were very small and was over the weekend.
Where did I say Constitutional privacy right?

Abortion is not in our Constitution. The Courts ruled on it and it can be overturned in the future like many Supreme Court rulings have been done before.
The SCOTUS ruling for RvW cited the Constitutional right to privacy as the basis for abortion. Overturning RvW would require negating your right to privacy. That means that the government will have the right to search your home at any time it likes, look into your personal medical history at will and have access to your bank accounts, credit card records, etc, etc. Are you willing to give all that up because that is what it will take.
My point was that the liberals who were a small amount in the 70's shut the government down over their ideology.

Tea Party did not shut down the government.
The Dem's refused to negotiate over a delay in the implementing of the Health Care Law.
Dem's shut it down.
The Government did not shut down over the Tea Party wanting to repeal the Health Care Law.

Sorry here is the link
When Tip Did It | National Review Online

The latest government shutdowns were driven entirely by the Tea Party ideologues. Neither the Speaker nor the Senate Minority leader were in favor of those shutdowns. However they allowed the Tea Party to shut down the government to make a point about spending. They drew the line when the Tea Party threatened to violate the creditworthiness of the US government.

Did you watch C-Span?
I did and the Democrats in the Senate shut down the Government over the delay. They refused to negotiate. Dems delayed it later.

The Tea Party in the U.S. House of Representatives attached a provision to a spending bill that required eliminating funding for the implementation of the PPACA in order to fund the rest of the U.S. Federal Government.

That bill was sent to the U.S. Senate. The Senate then stripped out the provisions relating to refunding the PPACA, and sent it back to the House. The House then sent back a version of the bill that delayed implementation of the Act for one year, and the Senate tabled the measure and didn’t even take it up for consideration.
The delay was not and the Dems refused any negotiations over it. Yet they still delayed it later on. The shut down was needless because the President and Harry Reid refused to delay the implementation of the Health Care. If they had negotiated and had even gotten it down from a year to to just 3 months of a delay they would not have had the embarrassing web site problems.

The media blamed the TEA Party over the funding rather than the Dem's who refused to talk about the delay.

And many say that the Media is not biased when it obviously is. They took the Dem's side instead of actually reporting what really happened.

You are ignoring the context in order to try and twist your misperception to fit only the facts that suit your agenda.

The Tea Party waged a campaign against the ACA from the very first day that it was announced. They screamed at Town Halls and held rallies and obstructed the legislation every single step of the way. Once it became law they persisted by proposing 50 bills to repeal the ACA. The crisis came about because the Tea Party tried to defeat the ACA by refusing to fund it. That was a violation of their Oath of Office. The establishment GOP knew that was a dereliction of their duty which is why they ended up rebuking the Tea Party and putting the funding into the budget.

So it is disingenuous to claim that it was anyone but the Tea Party that were behind the shut down of the government when no one else but the Tea Party had any motivation for doing so.

Did you watch C-Span?

You are ignoring the context in order to try and twist your misperception to fit only the facts that suit your agenda.

The Tea Party waged a campaign against the ACA from the very first day that it was announced. They screamed at Town Halls and held rallies and obstructed the legislation every single step of the way. Once it became law they persisted by proposing 50 bills to repeal the ACA. The crisis came about because the Tea Party tried to defeat the ACA by refusing to fund it. That was a violation of their Oath of Office. The establishment GOP knew that was a dereliction of their duty which is why they ended up rebuking the Tea Party and putting the funding into the budget.

So it is disingenuous to claim that it was anyone but the Tea Party that were behind the shut down of the government when no one else but the Tea Party had any motivation for doing so.

No! That is what you are doing.

I agree with you Tea party representatives were elected by the majority of the people who want to repeal the New Health Care law. They were doing what their constituents elected them for.
Defunding the ACA is not a violation of their Oath of Office. They had the funding for everything else but the ACA.
The Senate took that out of the bill when it was sent back to the House.

The House then sent the bill back with a one year delay of implementing the ACA.
The Senate Dems refused to negotiate.

It is you who refuse to see the fact that the Senate tabled the measure and didn’t even take it up for consideration.
This is why the Government shut down.
That stubborn move is what made them look really bad when the Health Care Web Site did not work.

Last edited:

Did you watch C-Span?

I agree with you Tea party representatives were elected by the majority of the people who want to repeal the New Health Care law. They were doing what their constituents elected them for.
Defunding the ACA is not a violation of their Oath of Office. They had the funding for everything else but the ACA.

The House then sent the bill back with a one year delay of implementing the ACA.

It is you who refuse to see the fact that the Senate tabled the measure and didn’t even take it up for consideration.
That stubborn move is what made them look really bad when the Health Care Web Site did not work.

Actually it is a violation of their Oath of Office.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

The Duties of the Representatives in the House require that they pass funding for all bills passed into law that have not been repealed.

They violated their OofA when refused to fund the ACA for partisan political purposes and in so doing caused a government shutdown.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

The Duties of the Representatives in the House require that they pass funding for all bills passed into law that have not been repealed.

They violated their OofA when refused to fund the ACA for partisan political purposes and in so doing caused a government shutdown.

This is not true.
Congress has the authority and responsibility to defund unwise bills | zpolitics | politics in a snap!

It is in our Constitution. Article I ; Section 7
House controls the spending on all bills.

James Madison wrote in The Federalist Papers that Congress, specifically the House of Representatives, has the sole authority to fund, or defund, all spending measures. And in that regard, Congress has the responsibility, and indeed the expectation, to control “unwise” legislation, by their unique power to control all spending. Representatives are elected every two years and are therefore directly responsible to the people. If Congress initiates bad legislation, or if they fail to defund “unwise” laws, the people will advise them of the level of dissatisfaction with their job performance at the ballot box.

The idea of mandatory spending is not factual. Just because a bill that has been passed by the Legislature, signed by the President, and withstood constitutional scrutiny by the Supreme Court, the spending included in that bill is NOT mandatory.

Last edited:

This is not true.
Congress has the authority and responsibility to defund unwise bills | zpolitics | politics in a snap!

It is in our Constitution.

James Madison wrote in The Federalist Papers that Congress, specifically the House of Representatives, has the sole authority to fund, or defund, all spending measures. And in that regard, Congress has the responsibility, and indeed the expectation, to control “unwise” legislation, by their unique power to control all spending. Representatives are elected every two years and are therefore directly responsible to the people. If Congress initiates bad legislation, or if they fail to defund “unwise” laws, the people will advise them of the level of dissatisfaction with their job performance at the ballot box.

The idea of mandatory spending is not factual. Just because a bill that has been passed by the Legislature, signed by the President, and withstood constitutional scrutiny by the Supreme Court, the spending included in that bill is NOT mandatory.

Partisan RW bloggers are not a substitute for the Oath of Office.

This is not true.

They upheld their Oath of Office.
The Constitution is the Law of the Land.
Article I Sec. 7
All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives
You just ignored what James Madison wrote.
This is why the Dems in the Senate were furious as well as the President. They knew that they could do this.

Defunding amendments would remain in effect only for the life of the spending bills, the amendments could be renewed in future fiscal years.

Do you actually think that if what you wrote was true, that Dem's would not have brought up legal charges?
What do you think that congress is voting on each time the funding expiration dates comes up on all of the bills? They can vote not to pay the funding. This has been done on bills off and on throughout our history.

The funding part had been resolved.
It was the delay of the ACA that was not, so that is what got the government shut down.

Last edited:
This is not true.

Article I Sec. 7
This is why the Dems in the Senate were furious as well as the President. They knew that they could do this.

Defunding amendments would remain in effect only for the life of the spending bills, the amendments could be renewed in future fiscal years.

Do you actually think that if what you wrote was true, that Dem's would not have brought up legal charges?
What do you think that congress is voting on each time the funding expiration dates comes up on all of the bills? They can vote not to pay the funding. This has been done on bills off and on throughout our history.

It was the delay of the ACA that was not, so that is what got the government shut down.

Failing to fund a bill is a violation of their Oath. Since the GOP is the majority in the House filing charges would have been an exercise in futility and merely enraged the TP'ers.

Furthermore threatening the full faith and credit of the US government was a direct and open violation of their Oath to uphold the Constitution. That Tea Party crisis was averted by a BIPARTISAN coalition to uphold the Constitution.

You can keep on posting the opinions of RW bloggers misunderstanding of Madison but that won't change the current Constitution one iota. The Oath of Office refers to the current Constitution. The Founding Fathers anticipated that the Constitution would change over time. If the TP'ers cannot honestly perform the duties for which they were elected they should either change the Constitution before illegally violating it or resign and allow someone who understands what it means to take an Oath to uphold the Constitution.

Article I Sec. 7

Failing to fund a bill is a violation of their Oath. Since the GOP is the majority in the House filing charges would have been an exercise in futility and merely enraged the TP'ers.

Furthermore threatening the full faith and credit of the US government was a direct and open violation of their Oath to uphold the Constitution. That Tea Party crisis was averted by a BIPARTISAN coalition to uphold the Constitution.

You can keep on posting the opinions of RW bloggers misunderstanding of Madison but that won't change the current Constitution one iota. The Oath of Office refers to the current Constitution. The Founding Fathers anticipated that the Constitution would change over time. If the TP'ers cannot honestly perform the duties for which they were elected they should either change the Constitution before illegally violating it or resign and allow someone who understands what it means to take an Oath to uphold the Constitution.

It is not an opinion it is Constitutional Fact.
Don't take any one's opinion, look up the laws yourself.

Then do you feel the same with the Dems who were for the defunding also?
Growing Number of Democrats Voting With House GOP to Fund Non-Obamacare Parts of Gov't | CNS News

In any case the funding was resolved.
The Senate would not accept any delays in the Health Care Bill and this is why Government got shut down.

Article I Sec. 7

Growing Number of Democrats Voting With House GOP to Fund Non-Obamacare Parts of Gov't | CNS News

The Senate would not accept any delays in the Health Care Bill and this is why Government got shut down.

The Full Faith and Credit of the US government is part of the Constitution. That is FACT, not opinion.

The Full Faith and Credit of the US government is part of the Constitution. That is FACT, not opinion.

I agree and the Credit was never in jeopardy.
Even Dem's have not passed funding in parts of bills in the past.
Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

I would suggest Thomas Sowell's "A Conflict Of Visions". The premise is that regardless of the issue, a the same people wind up opposite of each other. That is because it isn't the issue as much as it is values and perspective.

I'd say the same thing happens with the Tea Party. Overall, they are harmless. But they have their nuts and that is who the media focus on because it sells.

I agree and the Credit was never in jeopardy.
Even Dem's have not passed funding in parts of bills in the past.
Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Actually it was and denying that the Tea Party put it in jeopardy doesn't alter the reality of what happened.

I would suggest Thomas Sowell's "A Conflict Of Visions". The premise is that regardless of the issue, a the same people wind up opposite of each other. That is because it isn't the issue as much as it is values and perspective.

I'd say the same thing happens with the Tea Party. Overall, they are harmless. But they have their nuts and that is who the media focus on because it sells.

Every organization has their nuts. I don't think the majority of the Tea Parties are crazy, just ill informed. I think they listen to slogans and propaganda and spend very little time trying to garner the real data. Of course, that covers the majority of the other parties as well. People want to be told what they believe is true, and they will believe pretty much anyone willing to tell them that.

Forum List

Back