Taxing the guy Behind the tree.

Discussion in 'Economy' started by william the wie, Dec 25, 2010.

1. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    It is possible now with URL tracking to take almost all overseas money in running a national lottery and I think it time to do so to get rid of our national debt. Here's what I would like to see:

A net yield of 1-2% per drawing so there are lots of winners.

Lots of drawings hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly with each one bigger than the last.

Lots of user friendly options on the website such as "Untaken Numbers" to increase the odds of winning and "Bet 'em all" in case of a roll over or greater than 80% of numbers already taken and a freeze on new buys once all numbers are covered.

Add a digit to each drawing each time a certain percentage of the lotteries hit the freeze point for that "mo" money feeling.

Have an opt out line for entering the next higher lottery for the winners at cost with the "You are a winner lump sum X or payments Y. Your Choice!" announcement.

Yeah, it is taxing stupidity and it will ruin families but it won't do that very much to American idiots and their offspring. So, is this something you would like to email to your representative and senators? Would you like to post this on other boards?

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I am conflicted about lotteries. It is a tax on stupid that I never have to pay. That is positive.

But it is a fraud and marginally criminal to run such a scam. Government shouldn't really depend on crime for funding. Rather than a national lottery, it would be better to hav a national crack and herion dealership. The damage done would probably be less.

3. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    What are you talking about? Elected officials rely almost entirely on criminal funding. They accept bribes in the form of campaign contributions.

And how do you know we don't have a national crack and heroin dealership. We are occupying Afghanistan and Columbia after all.

But if we expect an international lottery to save us from our own national debt......

Tell you what, let CA test the idea first. Our debt is puny compared to the feds. Better yet, why don't we just legalize gambling and put NV out of business?

4. william the wie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    legalize all drugs and tax them, works for me. But I am with LC on this one our nation uses fraud as its main political tool.

5. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,103
    lotteries are a REGRESSIVE TAX....

the rich NEVER buy in to them, so our national debt payoff will be paid by the poor and middle class and NOT by those who already, have it all.

I say, NO, NO AND NO.

6. william the wie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    Quite possibly but at least if it is the poor and middleclass of other nations then not my problem nor yours.

7. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,103
    uhhhhhhhh

my 'Care 4 all -ness' doesn't stop with Americans......! :D

merry Christmas william!