Tax cuts cause recessions, or booms of the economy?

I'm going to go more with the former, than the latter.

Coolridge cut taxes BAM the great depresssion of 1929.

Reagan cut taxes BAM the recession of 1982.

W. Bush cut taxes BAM the Great recession of 2007.

It seems there's absolutely no evidence that cutting taxes does much of anything positive for the economy.

It seems quite the opposite, we have more evidence that cutting taxes cause recessions.

Which could make a ton of sense, considering when the rich get tax cuts, they tend to buy up housing investments, and stocks causing a inflated market, which bursts into a bad economy AKA Boom & Bust cycle.

Even Libertarians like Austrian economist Hayek have spoken of Boom & Bust cycle, by Hayek's own account he theorized that cutting interest rates inflated the market investment, forming a Boom & Bust cycle.

Now, expland that to NOT JUST cutting interest rates, but also cutting taxes, and you're having very similar over-inflation of the market.
Promoting the general welfare means public policies should engender a positive multiplier effect upon our economy.

Tax cut economics is a simple red herring if you omit the rest of budget like, Spending.

Sure general welfare may have a positive effect on the lazy, but then again we know you libs get confused when it comes to any type of 'gender'.

gender does not exist-------it is even MORE NEBULOUS than is race.
It is ENTIRELY color dependent------a pink/blue dichotomy------as opposed to lime green vs yellow. ultimately WHITE breaks down
into the hallowed RAINBOW
we have quantum theory now.

It seems there's absolutely no evidence that cutting taxes does much of anything positive for the economy.

It seems quite the opposite, we have more evidence that cutting taxes cause recessions.

Which could make a ton of sense, considering when the rich get tax cuts, they tend to buy up housing investments, and stocks causing a inflated market, which bursts into a bad economy AKA Boom & Bust cycle.

Even Libertarians like Austrian economist Hayek have spoken of Boom & Bust cycle, by Hayek's own account he theorized that cutting interest rates inflated the market investment, forming a Boom & Bust cycle.

Now, expland that to NOT JUST cutting interest rates, but also cutting taxes, and you're having very similar over-inflation of the market.
Promoting the general welfare means public policies should engender a positive multiplier effect upon our economy.

Tax cut economics is a simple red herring if you omit the rest of budget like, Spending.

Sure general welfare may have a positive effect on the lazy, but then again we know you libs get confused when it comes to any type of 'gender'.
Persons.

Ok then, so you get confused with any type of persons?

Taxes were cut a ton before the Great Depression, basically every recession & depression HAPPENED right after tax cuts.

Republicans have these theories, that just don't work in practice.

Kind of like Commies have these theories, that also just don't work in practice.
So, we should never cut taxes? Is that what I am supposed to take from this thread? If your argument is correct, we should shield ourselves from further economic downturns and give all our money to the government where it will be used wisely and for our personal benefit.

In my opinion, we should be using automatic stabilizers to automatically stabilize our economy. And, emulate truer capitalism, from a fixed Standard from Government.

Automatic stabilizers are economic policies and programs designed to offset fluctuations in a nation's economic activity without intervention by the government or policymakers on an individual basis. The best-known automatic stabilizers are corporate and personal taxes, and transfer systems such as unemployment insurance and welfare. Automatic stabilizers are so called because they act to stabilize economic cycles and are automatically triggered without explicit government action.

Read more: Automatic Stabilizer Automatic Stabilizer
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

yeah? stabilizers? -------like egg yolks and lecithin?
No, I mean like unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed in our at-will employment States.

yes-----stabilizers----like egg yolks in the oil vinegar interface-----act
to KEEP THINGS SAFELY MIXED----by limiting bipolarity in the
economic disparities of social groups-----a safety net----

Persons.

Ok then, so you get confused with any type of persons?
A Person is a Person, before the law.

In my opinion, we should be using automatic stabilizers to automatically stabilize our economy. And, emulate truer capitalism, from a fixed Standard from Government.

Automatic stabilizers are economic policies and programs designed to offset fluctuations in a nation's economic activity without intervention by the government or policymakers on an individual basis. The best-known automatic stabilizers are corporate and personal taxes, and transfer systems such as unemployment insurance and welfare. Automatic stabilizers are so called because they act to stabilize economic cycles and are automatically triggered without explicit government action.

No, I mean like unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed in our at-will employment States.

applies to Persons, not food.

but, i can get the point, if You insist.

It is ENTIRELY color dependent------a pink/blue dichotomy------as opposed to lime green vs yellow. ultimately WHITE breaks down

no---basic chemistry and optics. -----I gave up after integral
calculus and -----organic chemistry-----the phrase quantum
theory intimidated me------as did ECONOMICS

applies to Persons, not food.

but, i can get the point, if You insist.

I do insist MAYONAISSE is a metaphor

Recession of 1981–82 | Federal Reserve History

"Paul Volcker was appointed chairman of the Fed in August 1979 in large part because of his anti-inflation views. He had previously served as president of the New York Fed and had dissented from Fed policies he regarded as contributing to inflation expectations. He felt strongly that mounting inflation should be the primary concern for the Fed: “In terms of economic stability in the future, [inflation] is what is likely to give us the most problems and create the biggest recession” (FOMC transcript 1979, 16). He also believed that the Fed faced a credibility problem when it came to keeping inflation in check. During the previous decade, the Fed had demonstrated that it did not place much emphasis on maintaining low inflation, and public expectation of such continued behavior would make it increasingly difficult for the Fed to bring inflation down. “[F]ailure to carry through now in the fight on inflation will only make any subsequent effort more difficult,” he remarked (Volcker 1981b)."

https://www.history.com/topics/21st-century/recession

"The Great Recession—sometimes referred to as the 2008 Recession—in the United States and Western Europe has been linked to the so-called “subprime mortgage crisis.”

Subprime mortgages are home loans granted to borrowers with poor credit histories. Their home loans are considered high-risk loans."

Maxine Waters said that subprime mortgages constitute a planned
WHITE SUPREMACIST plot against PERSONS OF COLOR

i was blessed with a large vocabulary instead of a large penis.

are the two blessings mutually exclusive? -----is my absence of
a penis a kind of BOOST to my vocabulary?

Hmm, too bad some common sense wasn't thrown in.

just WHERE should it (common sense) have been thrown (or inserted?)

are the two blessings mutually exclusive? -----is my absence of
a penis a kind of BOOST to my vocabulary?
only in certain market segments.

Into Daniels little head?

Into Daniels little head?
whatever shall i do, if she convinces me.

Forum List

Back