Tax cuts cause recessions, or booms of the economy?

Here's a secret the pseudocon propagandists don't tell you: Revenues increase when taxes are raised, too.

Psuedocon propagandists give the rube herd that "tax cuts increase revenues" shit to parrot so they don't notice Trump is ACCELERATING OUR DEBT.

Go ahead. See for yourself. Here is a history of tax rates: https://files.taxfoundation.org/legacy/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

Notice how tax rates increased under Bill Clinton in 1993. The top marginal rate increased from 31 percent to 39.6 percent, and stayed that way until 2001.

Now here is a history of federal revenues: Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Notice how tax revenues INCREASED after the tax rates went UP:

• FY 2000 - $2.03 trillion
  • FY 1999 - $1.82 trillion.
  • FY 1998 - $1.72 trillion.
  • FY 1997 - $1.58 trillion.
  • FY 1996 - $1.45 trillion.
  • FY 1995 - $1.35 trillion.
  • FY 1994 - $1.26 trillion.
  • FY 1993 - $1.15 trillion.
  • FY 1992 - $1.09 trillion.
  • FY 1991 - $1.05 trillion.

Just a few years after Clinton's tax increase, federal revenues had DOUBLED!!!

And after the Bush tax cut expired on the top marginal rate, federal revenues continued to increase.

The difference between whatever damage the money from a tax cut would cause

Damage? My tax cuts cause nothing but benefits.

If interest rates are low the money the banks get must come from the Fed

Banks don't get money from people and corporations when rates are low?

"The difference between whatever damage the money from a tax cut would cause

Damage? My tax cuts cause nothing but benefits."

I agree. The other poster was saying that people keeping their money was going to have the same affect as artificially low interest rates.

I was simply pointing out higher interest rates would counter act that.

"If interest rates are low the money the banks get must come from the Fed

Banks don't get money from people and corporations when rates are low?"

They do, but not as much as when interest rates are high.

They do, but not as much as when interest rates are high.

What do they do with the difference?

They get the money from the Fed

Banks borrow a tiny amount from the Fed.
My question was, what do the people do with the extra money that they used to
put in the banks when rates were high?

When rates are low do they keep their money in their mattress?

Based on the savings rate. Spending the money

And when the money is spent, where does it end up?

It is always better when people keep more of their own money

The average family of 4 got just over a $1,000 a year (Bonus) and all we got was this miserable debt & inflation.

Would the House GOP tax plan save a typical family $1,182?

Inflation?

Inflation has been under 3% for years now
We still have all that Debt to pay down. That money is no longer available for infrastructure.

The average family of 4 got just over a $1,000 a year (Bonus) and all we got was this miserable debt & inflation.

Inflation?

Well it would be nice if wage growth were over 3%.

If you want to make yourself worth 3% more then you will earn 3% more

Individualists are definitely more than a little bit dumb, and primitive.

You can tell Individualists have pitiful levels of intelligence & pitiful levels of empathy.

Society has limitations dumb-@$$, if the economy is hurting then it is.

When the pattern is 40 years of flatlining wages, then it's obviously NOT GOOD for SOCIETY.

There's more than just YOU in this World, I know such a concept is foreign for Individualists because they're not all there.

Could it have anything to do with the lose of manufacturing jobs? High corporate tax rates? Stupid regulations?

We aren't even trying to steer kids in those "dirty" "bad" jobs. Those are jobs that are beneath them. Those are "immigrant" jobs.

You want wages to go up that is how you do it. Walmart was/is the biggest employer in the country. That is the problem. No one is going to pay a living wage for stock boys and cashiers.
Why jail employers who hire "illegals", right wingers and not employers who leave for cheaper wages.

Inflation?

We still have all that Debt to pay down. That money is no longer available for infrastructure.

You know who has money? Corporations.

We can lease out highways and state parks and whatever else like airports You would have money come in from the lease and save on maintenance and repairs.

Inflation?

We're not going to ever pay down the debt.

People don't want to pay down the debt

Where the fuck have you been living and when in your lifetime as any president paid down one cent of debt principal?

Inflation?

You know who has money? Corporations.

We can lease out highways and state parks and whatever else like airports You would have money come in from the lease and save on maintenance and repairs.
Sure; I am on the left and for upgrading infrastructure on a continual basis. We should have production runs as long as our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror, combined.

Inflation?

Where the fuck have you been living and when in your lifetime as any president paid down one cent of debt principal?
Tax cut economics are subject to a Margin Call, eventually.

Inflation?

Never gonna happen at least not in my lifetime so I'll just worry about keeping as much of mu money as possible out of the grubby paws of corrupt politicians

If you had a job you'd agree with me

Inflation?

Never gonna happen at least not in my lifetime so I'll just worry about keeping as much of mu money as possible out of the grubby paws of corrupt politicians

i would like to be a better Capitalist than that.

In my opinion we should improve the efficiency of our economy so that it can advantage of modern economics technologies. Supply side economics should supplying us with better Government at lower cost, not trickle down.

Inflation?

In my opinion we should improve the efficiency of our economy so that it can advantage of modern economics technologies. Supply side economics should supplying us with better Government at lower cost, not trickle down.

The government is the single most inefficient entity that ever existed so your money is better used when you use it but you don't have any money do you?

The government is the single most inefficient entity that ever existed so your money is better used when you use it but you don't have any money do you?
We really do need better aqueducts and better roads.

Forum List

Back