Tattoos

At least this guy got one that fits his situation.

3064684744_e015acf56a.jpg

I read a study that said 50 percent have "tattoo regret" I am encouraging my younger on to go into dermatology and specialize in tattoo removal. It's going to be a booming biz in 10 years.

I read a study that said 50 percent have "tattoo regret" I am encouraging my younger on to go into dermatology and specialize in tattoo removal. It's going to be a booming biz in 10 years.

I have no regrets, of course all I have is a fairly typical Eagle on the left upper arm.

I was in the Navy for 20 years - as a corpsman - so I have seen a lot of tattoos and given the sailors things to help their tattoos heal over without scabbing up. I nearly got a tattoo myself way back when but enroute to the tattoo parlor I sobered up enough to know that I didn't want any tattoos. My father, who was in the Navy for 26 years had several so I've seen tattoos the whole time I was growing up. So, I'm no stranger to tattoos and I've seen my share of them. There are only about a handful of tattoos that I have ever seen that I thought were classy enough to warrant having them. All the rest of them, in my opinion, were a very bad choice in life's highway. I think it is a shame that so many people have them now and think they are "cool". I think they make a person look cheap and is very low-class behavior. A tattoo on a woman is a real turn off for me. I think they are tacky and not in the least bit "sexy". To me, they do not add class but only shows how little class a person has. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I have had sailors come to my sickbay and ask how they could go about having a tattoo removed. In most cases, the people that get tattoos regret them later in life. I recommend you think seriously about what you are about to do before you get a tattoo.

Last edited:
I wish I had a picture of it, but he won't let me take one.
My brother got a 3 color tattoo of Joey Ramone on his upper arm when he was 18.
Now that he is 36, the tattoo looks like a halloween witch, and almost everybody has forgotten who Joey Ramone was.
He has tattoo regret over it. he even asked me if i would "skin" it off his arm if he got himself drunk enough.
I am not a surgeon (although I have seen scrubs), so I won't do it.

For me, seeing a tatoo, I instantly assume that the person who has it has either a below average IQ, or at one time had a drinking problem.

For me, seeing a tatoo, I instantly assume that the person who has it has either a below average IQ, or at one time had a drinking problem.

Or they've reached the age where they have already been successful in life, and don't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks.

I work with a guy like that. Cool dude. Originally from New England, and when the BoSox won the series, and the Pats won the SB, he had both team logos tattooed on the back of his calves, one on each. He is the chief engineer for our cluster of radio stations, pulling down $200K a year, and 2 years away from retirement. He goes to Disney World once a month for a four day weekend.

There used to be this show, I don't remember what the name of it was, but it was about emergency room doctors.
When someone showed up injured by their own stupidity, one of the doctors would always talk about the "tattoo to tooth ratio".
I was always amused by that.

I think you guys are being way too hard on tattoos.

When done tastefully and in a more discreet location, they're pretty neat. I have one on each shoulder, that can only be seen if I take my shirt off.

It's the sleeves, and putting them on the most conspicuous parts of the body that I don't get. Just a way to draw attention, really.

I have an extremely well done (color) Navy eagle and anchor tat I picked up in San Diego in 73. Was 'slightly' tipsy :eusa_whistle: at the time but by the time the artist was done I was perfectly sober. Did the recommended treatments for it and never had any problems with scabbing or infection.

I wish I had a picture of it, but he won't let me take one.
My brother got a 3 color tattoo of Joey Ramone on his upper arm when he was 18.
Now that he is 36, the tattoo looks like a halloween witch, and almost everybody has forgotten who Joey Ramone was.
He has tattoo regret over it. he even asked me if i would "skin" it off his arm if he got himself drunk enough.
I am not a surgeon (although I have seen scrubs), so I won't do it.

I doubt he would let you get very far.

Forum List

Back