Tattoos

I was in the US Navy for some time and on a drunken outing in Okinawa I almost got a tat on my ball sack that read "Jimmy crack corn and I don't care" but fortunately we were on the buddy system and my mate saved me.

Now you gotta admit. This one was kinda cool.

23456259882460-26091218.jpg

And to think, given my age it would now read "this popped corn has a few more cracks."

Always a turn-off for me, unless we're talking full-body tribal tattoos. But who has them besides African tribals?

I am not a fan of tattoos. Unfortunately, they have gotten so common that I have become tolerant of one or two on a guy. More is verging on telling me something is wrong in the person's head.

I don't think tattoos on women are a good idea. I haven't really gotten used to that.

I am not a fan of tattoos. Unfortunately, they have gotten so common that I have become tolerant of one or two on a guy. More is verging on telling me something is wrong in the person's head.

I don't think tattoos on women are a good idea. I haven't really gotten used to that.
I think what disturbs me most about them, is how they disrupt the body's symmetry. Symmetry is generally beautiful, and disrupting that with some poorly-placed ink is anathema.

I suppose that is why the only tattoos I can tolerate are full-body, in that they tend to maintain basic symmetry.

1331659550_4585afd27c.jpg

This I don't mind.

Always a turn-off for me, unless we're talking full-body tribal tattoos. But who has them besides African tribals?

Maoris go for it. Some of it looks guud.

I work with a Maori woman with tattoos begging me to go East of Eden, they are just begging me.

Maoris go for it. Some of it looks guud.

I work with a Maori woman with tattoos begging me to go East of Eden, they are just begging me.
Maori2.JPG

Now the Maori tattooing, while I wouldn't want one, doesn't repulse me like most tattoos do. It enhances their natural symmetry, IMO, and does look good.

I think what disturbs me most about them, is how they disrupt the body's symmetry. Symmetry is generally beautiful, and disrupting that with some poorly-placed ink is anathema.

I suppose that is why the only tattoos I can tolerate are full-body, in that they tend to maintain basic symmetry.

1331659550_4585afd27c.jpg

This I don't mind.
Great point about the symmetry.

If a tattoo is anything outside of some organizational symbol (on a guy, and even then...), I can't help but think what in their head motivated them to put a permanent image on their skin of all places. Is their memory so bad and/or limited that they can't visualize some memory (if the tattoo is motivated by that)? Are their communication skills so limited that they have to have a permanent visual aid to present to others to tell them about themselves (if a tattoo is motivated by that)?

These are the things that tattoos say to me about the one who has them. And, that is not a positive communication from the tattoo-ee.

If a tattoo is anything outside of some organizational symbol (on a guy, and even then...), I can't help but think what in their head motivated them to put a permanent image on their skin of all places. Is their memory so bad and/or limited that they can't visualize some memory (if the tattoo is motivated by that)? Are their communication skills so limited that they have to have a permanent visual aid to present to others to tell them about themselves (if a tattoo is motivated by that)?
I would surmise that the re-establishment of prohibition would cripple the tattoo industry.

I would surmise that the re-establishment of prohibition would cripple the tattoo industry.
:lol:

They'd still drink, though.

My training, not hers. I gave up any position I have in the world long ago. My position is missionary. Come and crucify me! Crucify me good! She is always on top, (she likes it up there) she is always the mystery, she is always like a Gaugain painting and I am the beached soul touching the canvass in hope of color and light.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back