Tats - the good, the bad and the ugly

Jiminy Cricket on your breast?

I wonder where a good place for a Pinocchio tatoo would be?

650aa88216b0d84043a6ae057daa26cd.jpg

Well, he was made of wood.:eusa_whistle:

Tasteful ones...discreetly placed on a lady, is fine. On guys...not too many. Nothing on face or neck.

I have no tattoos and have no plans on getting one. Personally, I just don't see the point and don't really like them, but I don't care if someone else has tattoos.

Last edited:
I read recently that there is a rise of infections from bad ink. Once it is in your skin...it's there. Kinda hard to get rid of bacterial infections.

I don't have any tatts either, nor plan to.

I read recently that there is a rise of infections from bad ink. Once it is in your skin...it's there. Kinda hard to get rid of bacterial infections.

I don't have any tatts either, nor plan to.

My friend let her ex-boyfriend tattoo his name on her ass when she was a dumbass teenager. When she married another man, needless to say he wasn't very pleased that she had another man's name on her bum, so he actually paid for her to have it lasered. It left a little scar though.

Does lasering remove the bad ink IF it is full of bacteria? Makes ya wonder the whys and wherefores, doesn't it?

I came close to doing it too. About 10 years ago, while in Maui. My friend that went with us got one on her shoulder..a tiny dolphin. I was SOOOO close. But then I decided not to do it. Glad I didn't.

I have three on both my arms. They all have some sort of design and color to them except for one. On my left forearm I simply have the words VENI VIDI VICI in black Times New Roman font. No design, nothing special, just plain words. Ironically, that's the one people comment on the most. :eusa_eh:

I am almost 62 and have been thinking about getting a tattoo ever since my dog died in January. I would like a photorealistic tattoo of her on my forearm, probably from this picture. And probably the words "Semper fidelis" and/or "Until We Meet Again." I was thinking of asking for some of her ashes to be mixed with the ink. But I have to research that some more first. I guess it goes without saying, she was a very, very special being.

Last edited:
And then, if I do that, the other very, very special being in my life, who died in 1986, was my mother. So perhaps I'll get another tattoo, with her picture. She was 26 years old and pregnant with me :) in this picture.

Just make sure you get a really good artist cuz portraits are hard to do. No erasing or do-overs. Once it is on..its on. Find someone that specializes in portrait tatts.

Your mom is beautiful.

Love tattoos. I have three, all are titles of Bon Jovi songs that I love. Don't regret them at all.
I plan on more - a massive 3D tattoo down my calf of The Terminator, which will include 3D scenes of the film.

Getting a tattoo to remember your beloved fur baby is not uncommon, Koosh. I plan on getting on my upper arm to immortalise my beloved Gracie.

I have none...my wife has three. Pentacle on one shoulder blade, crossed swords (katana & wakazashi with "Honor" in multiple languages) on the other, bloody sword with "Nemesis" and "vengeance" on her shoulder.

Her best friend is covered from neck to ankles in tattoos.

Forum List

Back