Talk Radio Is Turning Millions of Americans Into Conservatives

:auiqs.jpg: "Indy, they're digging in the wrong place!"

Too funny. It's actually the Democratic Party that is turning millions of Americans into conservatives.

I dispute the 'turning into' premise. By far, most who listen have been 'turned' into conservatives a long time ago. I think the conservative radio audience tunes in, first and foremost, for the affirmation..the echo chamber that affirms their opinions and does a lot of their thinking for them.

Who can say? I need no such affirmation, preferring to hear the Democrat side so as to know what the enemy is thinking. if it is that.

Talk radio is a friend to the friendless loser who takes the world personally. My brother was neck deep in that shit after 25 years of being a truck driver. I am sure my younger brother dropped dead from a steady diet of road food and rage. He was one of those people you encounter sometimes who are continually screaming mad. When his heart exploded it came as a shock but not for long. He took the world personally and he died without a friend in the world.

^ 'The conservatism of talk radio only partly overlaps with institutional conservatism, that of right-wing Washington think tanks, magazines and the Republican Party itself. By the early 2000s, it had embraced a version of conservatism that is less focused on free markets and small government and more focused on ethnonationalism and populism. It is, in short, the core of Trumpism — now and in the future, with or without a President Trump.'

in other words: basket dwelling deplorables who latched onto donny because he gave them full tilt permission to slither out into the open, & get affirmation by rw extremists bloviating on a mic 3 hrs a day 5 days a week.

I suppose there are lots of people dissatisfied with their life, and need someone to blame or wallow In their misery with, on both side of the aisle..... the right wing media has taken advantage of this for decades.... but the left wing media has succumbed to the competition's tactics, and is offering a soothing home for the left's misery and desire to wallow....

I suppose there are lots of people dissatisfied with their life, and need someone to blame or wallow In their misery with, on both side of the aisle..... the right wing media has taken advantage of this for decades.... but the left wing media has succumbed to the competition's tactics, and is offering a soothing home for the left's misery and desire to wallow....

i listen to 2 LW programs:

stephanie miller - who is no doubt liberal ... but with a real comedic slant.

& randi rhodes - who is more informative & she has a 'homework' section on her website, that shows all her sources where she gets her info, so you know it's not fake news she's pulling outa her behind like most of the rw pundits.

& randi rhodes - who is more informative & she has a 'homework' section on her website, that shows all her sources where she gets her info, so you know it's not fake news she's pulling outa her behind like most of the rw pundits.
Don't know Stephanie Miller, but love Randi Rhodes, very informative!

Don't know Stephanie Miller, but love Randi Rhodes, very informative!

she's on live M-F , 9am-12noon EST. she's on terrestrial & satellite radio, FREE SPEECH TV, & you can catch replays on various stations thruout the day.

STEPHANIE MILLER SHOW

Talk radio is and always has been, an outlet for people who have already figured out that the media is about propaganda and brainwashing the masses. They are no more 'turned' conservative than an Asian is turned Asian.

Independent thinkers, conservative or not, turn to talk radio because they have no other outlet to the truth.

:auiqs.jpg: "Indy, they're digging in the wrong place!"

Too funny. It's actually the Democratic Party that is turning millions of Americans into conservatives.

I dispute the 'turning into' premise. By far, most who listen have been 'turned' into conservatives a long time ago. I think the conservative radio audience tunes in, first and foremost, for the affirmation..the echo chamber that affirms their opinions and does a lot of their thinking for them.
Damn it! Who the hell blabbed?

Do you listen to Joe Rogan? I do. Hardly a conservative yet he is not fond of many Democrat policies and certainly critical of censorship. Is he too racist in your view?

Do you listen to Joe Rogan? I do. Hardly a conservative yet he is not fond of many Democrat policies and certainly critical of censorship. Is he too racist in your view?

it's dem-o-cratic... a person belonging to the party is a democrat - the party & therefore their policies are dem-o-cratic.

joe rogan, for some reason has always creeped me out - going back to his fear factor days. i can't say whether he is racist or not - don't know anything about his program. why would you ask? has he said controversial things about black people?

Talk radio is a friend to the friendless loser who takes the world personally. My brother was neck deep in that shit after 25 years of being a truck driver. I am sure my younger brother dropped dead from a steady diet of road food and rage. He was one of those people you encounter sometimes who are continually screaming mad. When his heart exploded it came as a shock but not for long. He took the world personally and he died without a friend in the world.
I am sorry to hear that. But you realize that you just described the majority of Trump-haters in America. The entire anti-Trump base boils with hatred.

I am sorry to hear that. But you realize that you just described the majority of Trump-haters in America. The entire anti-Trump base boils with hatred.
You like it when you meet someone that will bitch about what Rush or Alex said for 45 fucking minutes. They are a kindred spirit. Regular people avoid the conspiracy minded conservative like a wet dog. You might even be trying to be friendly but in the end the target of your rants end up feeling like they need a shower.

Talk radio is and always has been, an outlet for people who have already figured out that the media is about propaganda and brainwashing the masses. They are no more 'turned' conservative than an Asian is turned Asian.

Independent thinkers, conservative or not, turn to talk radio because they have no other outlet to the truth.
Finally someone posted on this thread who is not a troll,which this thread attracted in droves.best post on the thread,you nailed it.

You nailed it,could not have said it better myself.

Forum List

Back