Taliban: Americans can expect to see more kidnappings after Obama's 5-for-1 swap

Though Bergdahl's captivity might not be correctly called a "kidnapping" since he appears to have voluntarily walked over and joined them, the rest is as predictable as night following day.

The Taliban sees that they have uncovered a gold mine. Did some of your top people get captured by the Americans? No problem. Just grab a few Americans in turn, and the American "leaders" will fall down on their knees and let your people go back to you before you can take a deep breath.

And the Americans you managed to kill while your people were being captured, are "the icing on the cake" - you can have them for free.

Who wouldn't take a deal like that, and do everything they could to expand it?

----------------------------------------------------

Taliban commander claims more kidnappings to come after Obama's hostage trade | Mail Online

Taliban commander claims more kidnappings will come now that Obama has completed his 5-for-1 hostage trade

by David Martosko, U.S. Political Editor
Published: 12:16 EST, 5 June 2014
Updated: 12:45 EST, 5 June 2014

A Taliban commander in Afghanistan said Thursday that Americans can expect to see more kidnappings to ransom accused terrorists held by the United States.

Terrorists under his command, the Taliban leader said, would work to take more Americans prisoner, since the Obama administration's deal to free Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has shown captive U.S. troops can be used as leverage.

'It's better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people,' the commander told TIME magazine.

'It has encouraged our people. Now everybody will work hard to capture such an important bird.'

I have a story to tell you.

When I was a little kid, I did stupid things like all kids do. Invariably, later on I was hard pressed to explain what possessed me to do X.

At one point, my father in frustration said the following to me.

"You behave as if stupidity were a virtue." It was funny...and true. I've never forgotten it.

Let's just move past the point about WHY in God's name you take the Taliban at their word since they likely need no other reason to kidnap Americans than the ones they already have. Truth is, if they could, they WOULD kidnap more.

So, now that I've jumped beyond the obvious, let me touch on something that's a wee bit more subtle, but not by much.

Do you think that the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan monitor the American media that's broadcast all around the world on satellite?

If the answer is yes, what are they seeing?

Answer: They're seeing and hearing conservatives attack Bergdahl AND the president and plunging our media into yet one more rhetorical fist fight. Hell, they helped orchestrate the whole thing with their propaganda video. To THEM, this is a GOOD thing.

Think they'd feel the way if the country just welcomed Bergdahl back, and we seemed united?

The Taliban have jerked your chain once already, and they're doing it AGAIN. And the REASON why they're doing it is because of YOU and people LIKE you who have this kind of reaction and turn the whole thing into a controversy which serves to do nothing but distract us as a nation and draw the attention of our leaders away from the war effort just to deal with this.

Under those circumstances, of COURSE the Taliban would love to kidnap another American if they thought they could recreate this kind of discord here at home.

So, again, I can't help but be drawn to those words of my father. Allow me to paraphrase it to make it accurate to the occasion.

Conservatives behave as if stupidity were a virtue!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my----you have guilted me into being an Obama supporter. Thanks.

why would we release the detainees?

The war wont be over.

No one is telling us that they are laying down their arms.

There wont be a treaty.

There wont be a cease fire.

We are leaving THAT front, but the war wont be over by any means.

Why do you think the war is ending?

The war is over when we say it is over because the terrorists-r-us side doesn't have the means capable of outpacing our intelligence community too well, and in the rare instance that they do we can (and should) handle it like a criminal investigation.

When we leave, they have no means to boat all of their troops over here and continue the "war."

We can end it whenever we like, and the remnants of it would be them chasing our heels while being picked off little by little by special forces as fed by intelligence. That's not "war," and we can definitely end the war unilaterally.

You're forgetting what that military genius, George W. Bush, told us. He said we had to fight them over there so we won't have to fight them over here.

To that end, once all American ground troops (minus training forces) come home, I'm encouraging every conservative who lives near the American coasts to go down to the water's edge with a pair of binoculars in order to keep a close eye that no Afghan fighters come ashore. WE'RE DEPENDING ON YOU!

Spoken like someone who does not have a single clue that we were ever attacked in this country.

Our scumbag dimocrap pals will buy this, but is anybody else that stupid?

Edge, if you'd had the opportunity and thought it would hurt Obama, you would have personally leaked the story and then giggled as the soldier was killed. Not just this soldier, but any soldier.

ODS. It rots the soul, and turns decent citizens into traitors.

The war is over when we say it is over because the terrorists-r-us side doesn't have the means capable of outpacing our intelligence community too well, and in the rare instance that they do we can (and should) handle it like a criminal investigation.

When we leave, they have no means to boat all of their troops over here and continue the "war."

We can end it whenever we like, and the remnants of it would be them chasing our heels while being picked off little by little by special forces as fed by intelligence. That's not "war," and we can definitely end the war unilaterally.
What complete rot.

To say nothing of an astounding ignorance of history... recent history.

It wasn't much more than a year ago that a couple of nobodies came here from areas not too far from Afghanistan, waltzed right through all this "intelligence" you're so proud of, made a couple of fairly big bombs out of off-the-shelf kitchen utensils, and killed and wounded hundreds of people at one of the most highly publicized (and patrolled) events in the world - the Boston Marathon. And none of our "Intelligence" services had the slightest clue anything was happening, until after the bombs went off.

People like Osama bin Laden did a lot of his fighting - and leading and forming of terrorist forces - in Afghanistan, in part because it was such a good place to hide from U.S. forces and strike this country remotely, with less chance of getting caught. We never did find him there. Only after he moved into a house in Pakistan, did we finally punch his ticket.

It is hard to plumb the depths of ignorance and willful obtuseness inherent in the statement you made, quoted above.

Please, please tell me you don't vote.

the Taliban needs another excuse to capture Americans ?

anyone that believes that please raise your hand.

What complete rot.

It wasn't much more than a year ago that a couple of nobodies came here from areas not too far from Afghanistan, waltzed right through all this "intelligence" you're so proud of, made a couple of fairly big bombs out of off-the-shelf kitchen utensils, and killed and wounded hundreds of people at one of the most highly publicized (and patrolled) events in the world - the Boston Marathon. And none of our "Intelligence" services had the slightest clue anything was happening, until after the bombs went off.

People like Osama bin Laden did a lot of his fighting - and leading and forming of terrorist forces - in Afghanistan, in part because it was such a good place to hide from U.S. forces and strike this country remotely, with less chance of getting caught. We never did find him there. Only after he moved into a house in Pakistan, did we finally punch his ticket.

It is hard to plumb the depths of ignorance and willful obtuseness inherent in the statement you made, quoted above.

I guess you totally missed the part where G.T. said, "...and in the rare instance that they do we can (and should) handle it like a criminal investigation", eh?

:lol:

A couple of Nazis stabbed a guy a few miles from where I live. Using RubeLogik™, that means we are still fighting WWII!

I guess you totally missed the part where G.T. said, "...and in the rare instance that they do we can (and should) handle it like a criminal investigation", eh?

Nope, just ignored it. His post was so full of feces that there just wasn't any point in dealing with the less important chunks.

What complete rot.

Theyare not called REACTIONaries for nothing :D

A couple of Nazis stabbed a guy a few miles from where I live. Using RubeLogik™, that means we are still fighting WWII!

As usual, once a liberal has lost an argument, he starts ranting hysterically. :cuckoo:

They're doing that a lot nowadays.

Though Bergdahl's captivity might not be correctly called a "kidnapping" since he appears to have voluntarily walked over and joined them, the rest is as predictable as night following day.

The Taliban sees that they have uncovered a gold mine. Did some of your top people get captured by the Americans? No problem. Just grab a few Americans in turn, and the American "leaders" will fall down on their knees and let your people go back to you before you can take a deep breath.

And the Americans you managed to kill while your people were being captured, are "the icing on the cake" - you can have them for free.

Who wouldn't take a deal like that, and do everything they could to expand it?

----------------------------------------------------

Taliban commander claims more kidnappings to come after Obama's hostage trade | Mail Online

Taliban commander claims more kidnappings will come now that Obama has completed his 5-for-1 hostage trade

by David Martosko, U.S. Political Editor
Published: 12:16 EST, 5 June 2014
Updated: 12:45 EST, 5 June 2014

A Taliban commander in Afghanistan said Thursday that Americans can expect to see more kidnappings to ransom accused terrorists held by the United States.

Terrorists under his command, the Taliban leader said, would work to take more Americans prisoner, since the Obama administration's deal to free Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has shown captive U.S. troops can be used as leverage.

'It's better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people,' the commander told TIME magazine.

'It has encouraged our people. Now everybody will work hard to capture such an important bird.'

Man! If only the Taliban were known for making empty threats just to frighten their enemies. The....we could take this with a grain of salt.

One of the biggest mistakes our country made with respect to the detainees was that we did not try them all in criminal court and send them to prison like the criminals they are.

Unfortunately, we had demagogue Republicans who were too cowardly. They were shitting their pants at the thought of bringing these assholes stateside and putting them in US prisons.

The funny thing is, Bush did try some terrorists in US courts, and they received federal sentences and are serving time. And no Al Qaeda terrorists are bombing the shit out of us to release them like the cowardly demagogues claimed would happen.

That's what we should have done with all of the ones who committed crimes.

Last edited:
Our scumbag dimocrap pals will buy this, but is anybody else that stupid?

Edge, if you'd had the opportunity and thought it would hurt Obama, you would have personally leaked the story and then giggled as the soldier was killed. Not just this soldier, but any soldier.

ODS. It rots the soul, and turns decent citizens into traitors.

Only someone as incredibly stupid as you would think the Taliban wouldn't want this leaked.

Not just leaked, but shouted from the roof tops, screamed from the Mountain Tops, shouted in the Town Square, video taped, bragged about and recorded in Cinemascope for posterity and for all time.

The Taliban would have had a parade if they could have. They would have announced the trade a Month ahead of time and handed out flyers.

This is the greatest propaganda coup in the history of Jihad. Ever.

And only a stupid bitch like you would believe that the Taliban wanted to keep it sooper-secret.

Why? Why are you that stupid? I mean, seriously..... Do you take 'stupid pills'? Do you study how to be stupid? Are you high on heroin all the time? Were you born stupid or did your parents drop you on your head a lot?

Have you seen a doctor about your stupidity? A psychologist maybe, to help you live with it? Are you under the care of others not as stupid as you are?

Because you are one stupid bitch if you think the Taliban wanted this kept on the down-low.

It's just another lie by the lyingest cocksuckers on earth..... Your pals in the dimocrap party

I can't be held responsible for that accident that obama had in your mouth

Forum List

Back