Taking Tea with the Lizards

Wow, that's deep. What part here don't you agree with xeno, and why?
As deep as that OP op ed?

No, what seperates us is people like you who attack it, name call it and marginalize it.

If I behaved as you are doing, you could call every Democrat a far left communist wanna be, as communists routinly show up at any Democratic lead protest.

But I don't play that game, I listen to what the people are saying and why, not try to pick out the freaks and then claim 'that's all of them.'

There you go again, telling me what i am, and what the other people involved in it are.

What the movement is about is stopping the headlong spending spree from both parties, right now it is supporting GoPers because they are opposing Democratic spending, not because we are suddenly in love with the Republican party.

Instead of telling everyone how "wrong" they are, why don't you enlighten us on how this Group is going to save our country, and not divide us even more?
A lot of us have been doing so for nearly a year.

Why don't YOU tell us what you hope to gain by posting such stupid shit as that op ed, and then touting it as 'spot on'?

It's stupid to you because you don't agree with it. Others do, what a surprise. And yes, you DO play that game, you do call out the left all the time on here, don't act like you don't xeno. But that's ok, because you're non-partisan.

Why did this Tea Party begin in the last year and not under Bush? It's something I've always wondered? Wasn't Government spending out of control then too?

When exactly did you become such a stupid shit?

Who says the tea parties weren't going during the Bush years. They were more than likely drowned out by all the lefty wackos protesting the war and "anything that had to do with "Boooooooosh".:lol:

Who says the tea parties weren't going during the Bush years. They were more than likely drowned out by all the lefty wackos protesting the war and "anything that had to do with "Boooooooosh".:lol:

Really, can you link us to some, I must have missed it while shouting "BOOOOOOOOOOSH" over and over, eh?

As deep as that OP op ed?

No, what seperates us is people like you who attack it, name call it and marginalize it.

If I behaved as you are doing, you could call every Democrat a far left communist wanna be, as communists routinly show up at any Democratic lead protest.

But I don't play that game, I listen to what the people are saying and why, not try to pick out the freaks and then claim 'that's all of them.'

There you go again, telling me what i am, and what the other people involved in it are.

What the movement is about is stopping the headlong spending spree from both parties, right now it is supporting GoPers because they are opposing Democratic spending, not because we are suddenly in love with the Republican party.

A lot of us have been doing so for nearly a year.

Why don't YOU tell us what you hope to gain by posting such stupid shit as that op ed, and then touting it as 'spot on'?

It's stupid to you because you don't agree with it. Others do, what a surprise. And yes, you DO play that game, you do call out the left all the time on here, don't act like you don't xeno. But that's ok, because you're non-partisan.

Why did this Tea Party begin in the last year and not under Bush? It's something I've always wondered? Wasn't Government spending out of control then too?

When exactly did you become such a stupid shit?

Again, another intelligent post from the right. Bravo! You're helping convince me with that commentary!

I guess you've traded in "retard" for Stupid Shit, that's saying something at least RGS! :lol:

I disagree with the article. Whatever you might say about them, I don't think they're "neocons."

No, they're not. But they are a "new" conservative brand, certainly not the kind that represent the once proud GOP.

Using the phrase 'neocon' invalidates anything about the movement.

The fact remains that the left can't define the tea party movement because they don't understand it and sense its a threat to them, thus they fall back on what they do understand, ridicule and insults.

If they stuck to the simple mission statement and didn't go off half-cocked, more people COULD identify with them.

A community committed to standing together, shoulder to shoulder, to protect our country and the Constitution upon which we were founded!

Shoulder-to-shoulder has come to mean armed and dangerous to the very institution they loudly say they wish to protect. The above mission statement should read: Think like us, or fuck off.

We all know the funding that the Democrats and Republican have. Anybody trying to start-up a new party doesn't stand a chance.

Frankly, I think the time is finally ripe for a third party, but it needs organization and yes, funding. A bipartisan effort called Unity08 (established in 2006) tried to get going on the Internet alone and failed. But since people saw Obama could raise millions off the Internet, maybe now people can see that it's indeed possible to establish a campaign that doesn't require corporate endorsement. But the platform needs to be far more diverse than what the Tea Party has to offer.

This is Unity08's old web page.

http://www.unity08.com/

A spot on commentary of America's New Third Party:
Joe Bageant: Taking Tea with the Lizards

You think it's 'spot on' or was that mentioned somewhere in the commentary that I missed?

He couldn't be more wrong. The Tea Party movement has attracted people who are angry with not only the Democrats, but the Neoconservative arm of the Republican Party. It's like the poor guy wrote it while drunk. And he's living in Mexico? :lol:

Too funny.

I doubt there are many Democrats who embrace the Tea Party movement. It's comprised mostly of disgruntled Republicans, right-leaning Independents, and a bunch of yahoos who don't have a clue. If they can weed out the latter, they might have my attention.

The commentary is infantile and a rehash of the non sense that the town halls and tea party movement are astro turf.

Its no wonder we can't get along in this country anymore, some people can't even recognize genuine protest, they reduce everythiung to the insipid nonsense they think the other guy thinks, such as teaparty is 'neocon' and protests were unreal.

The commenatry is actually vile in its implications and ludicrous in its false conclusions.

It appears so many of us wasted our time all year explaining this, as we still see these rediculous threads posted with an obligitory 'spot on' for some thing that has no resemblance to the movement and what it means.

I had little objection to the protesting going on at the Tea Party rallies, but when they tried to take over town hall meetings with shoutdowns and acting like disrespectful thugs, they literally were digging their own graves. Foxfyre is right.

you don't like the message the Tea Party is for, don't join.

The tea party isn't an extension of the Republican party, that is something the Gop is wanting to forget at their own risk...

go join a "diverse" party like the one listed above, Unity something or other, which to me says the Government is the be all to end all, or go join the Democrats-Progressives party, it's the same thing.

Last edited:
A spot on commentary of America's New Third Party:
Joe Bageant: Taking Tea with the Lizards

You think it's 'spot on' or was that mentioned somewhere in the commentary that I missed?

He couldn't be more wrong. The Tea Party movement has attracted people who are angry with not only the Democrats, but the Neoconservative arm of the Republican Party. It's like the poor guy wrote it while drunk. And he's living in Mexico? :lol:

Too funny.

I doubt there are many Democrats who embrace the Tea Party movement. It's comprised mostly of disgruntled Republicans, right-leaning Independents, and a bunch of yahoos who don't have a clue. If they can weed out the latter, they might have my attention.

I don't know about that. I think you would be surprised. Of the organizers of an Albuquerque tea party this past fall, those I met were about evenly split between those describing themselves as Republican, Democrat, or Independent. I am guessing that those who showed up to participate might not have been significantly different in their demographics.

The commentary is infantile and a rehash of the non sense that the town halls and tea party movement are astro turf.

Its no wonder we can't get along in this country anymore, some people can't even recognize genuine protest, they reduce everythiung to the insipid nonsense they think the other guy thinks, such as teaparty is 'neocon' and protests were unreal.

The commenatry is actually vile in its implications and ludicrous in its false conclusions.

It appears so many of us wasted our time all year explaining this, as we still see these rediculous threads posted with an obligitory 'spot on' for some thing that has no resemblance to the movement and what it means.

I had little objection to the protesting going on at the Tea Party rallies, but when they tried to take over town hall meetings with shoutdowns and acting like disrespectful thugs, they literally were digging their own graves. Foxfyre is right.

Whoa, don't include me in your impression of Tea Partiers here. I never said that nor do I think you are right about that. I go to a lot of Town Hall meetings and I see a lot more 'thuggery' from the left than anything I've seen from the right. I dislike rudeness and discourteous behavior as much as the next person, but I have seen the Tea Partiers bend over backwards to be reasonable, non inflammatory, and express criticism constructively rather than visciously.

Are there exceptions? Of course. But to cherry pick a few minutes to showcase in Youtube clips or scour a demonstration looking for the one or two objectionable signs and hold those up as representative of Tea Partiers is far more dishonest, rude, and disrespectful than anything I've seen the Tea Partiers do.

The TEA Party is a Rorschach Test for most of us. There is a deep and powerful discontent in this country and the TEA party has tapped into it.

EVERYBODY is aware that they are getting screwed and they are also aware that they don't really understand how to avoid it or to fight back. Come the TEA Party. Suddenly here's an outlet. TEA, Taxed Enough Already, to me, seems to be against higher taxes.

To just about anyone else, it seems to be against whatever is currently annoying that individual.

Politicians should watch this group if for no other reason to see what motivates a person to travel miles to hold up a sign. Passion sells.

People are just pissed off, period, because of the overall economic instability and far too many don't understand what happened. They're scared, and organizations like the Tea Party is a place to vent their frustration. If everyone was sailing along with our credit cards and our overpriced homes full of "stuff" and had a job that at least partially paid for it all, we wouldn't be seeing any of this.

The argument that TP's are protesting higher taxes is bullshit. Individiuals are not being taxed any higher than they were in the first decade. So they're protesting something that hasn't even happened yet, and even if taxes are raised, it wouldn't affect the middle class. Maybe they WILL be raised in the future, but gloomy projections just adds to existing frustration over the state of the economy as it exists now. It's the old "what if" game based on extreme imaginings.

I listened to the Diane Rehm show yesterday...one of the guests used the word teabagger. Later in the show a quavery voiced man called in to demand an apology because teabagger was a pejorative.

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Sensitive guy...and very pc.

:lol:

Diane is an interesting lady. She is a dyed in the wool Liberal with a capital L goes into attack dog mode whenever a Libral idea is not strongly supported.

I thought she was about 1000 years old from her voice, but this is a medical condition and she fights through it to continue her on-air dialogues. Not to say that she's young, but she looks to be healthy and robust albeit a tad venerable.

The word "teabagger" is a perjorative, is intended by those who use it as a perjorative and is both disrespectful and a word that represents an act that most would find obscene.

If the guest had used the word "cocksucker", would an apology request also have been cause for curious amusement?

Well...whoever started the movement should have thought of that and called it something else. Why is that amusing analogy any worse than some of the disgusting photoshopped pictures of Obama, and worse, his wife?

LOL, so protesting the fact that taxes are VERY LIKELY going to be raised in the future is now a worthless endeavor, and we should just all sit on the sideline like good little slaves to the Guberment and wait for it to smack us in the ass..:lol:

Tea party members, angry mob

Anti-war protesters, Union thugs protesting, illegal immigrants protesting, patriotic warm fuzzies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back