Taking Tea with the Lizards

Is it my imagination or has EVERYONE's rep power gone WAY down?

No it isn't your imagination. I even went to announcements to see if there was an explanation. (There wasn't.)

Maybe it works sort of like a group stock split. The shares are worth just as much but each individual share is smaller?

Go for it! You can't do any worse than the people who have been running for the last 25 years or so. :lol:

Don't worry about fundraising. I'll form my own company so I can do all your advertising for you. And payback won't be too much of a bitch. ;)

Sorry guys but you ARE allowing the TP movment to be hijacked by the EXTREMISTS and will end up, as has sadly happened to the Libertarian party, as a JOKE of a movement. Oh and this is coming from a guy who RAN as a LP candidate.

Well tell me, please, since I've been pretty heavily involved in the Tea Party movement, I simply have not been observant enough because I haven't seen all those extremists. What extremists have hijacked us? What do they look like? What do they preach? Teach? Express?

Are there people I disagree with on taxes? Absolutely. We widely differ on what the fairest tax system would look like, but we are all in agreement that the government should not be taking more in taxes than it absolutely has to have.

Are there fellow Tea Partiers with whom I disagree on immigration, welfare, abortion, climate change issues, energy policies, term limits, or whether people should be able to park on the street? Yep. All of that too. But we are all in agreement that big government is not the ultimate answer to these issues and we all share a conviction that a government that oversteps its Constitutional authority is a government who does not have our life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness as a primary interest.

While the devil is always in the details, Tea Partiers are mostly unified in a conviction that the function of the federal government is to secure our rights, and then we mostly want it to get out of our way and allow us exercise them.

So I will be interested to know which of these I should view as extremists that have taken us over. I missed that somewhere.

Sorry guys but you ARE allowing the TP movment to be hijacked by the EXTREMISTS and will end up, as has sadly happened to the Libertarian party, as a JOKE of a movement. Oh and this is coming from a guy who RAN as a LP candidate.

Well tell me, please, since I've been pretty heavily involved in the Tea Party movement, I simply have not been observant enough because I haven't seen all those extremists. What extremists have hijacked us? What do they look like? What do they preach? Teach? Express?

Are there people I disagree with on taxes? Absolutely. We widely differ on what the fairest tax system would look like, but we are all in agreement that the government should not be taking more in taxes than it absolutely has to have.

Are there fellow Tea Partiers with whom I disagree on immigration, welfare, abortion, climate change issues, energy policies, term limits, or whether people should be able to park on the street? Yep. All of that too. But we are all in agreement that big government is not the ultimate answer to these issues and we all share a conviction that a government that oversteps its Constitutional authority is a government who does not have our life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness as a primary interest.

While the devil is always in the details, Tea Partiers are mostly unified in a conviction that the function of the federal government is to secure our rights, and then we mostly want it to get out of our way and allow us exercise them.

So I will be interested to know which of these I should view as extremists that have taken us over. I missed that somewhere.

No Fox as I said earlier I could get behind the TP movement if you could just weed out the CONSPIRACY LUNATICS!!! I am SERIOUS HERE at the VERY least you need to surround them with TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY posters so they don't get ANY press assciated with the TRUE TP message.

As an aside if I run for Pres I will campaing on CEMENTING gun rights with whatever legislation is neccessary to make it clear that our gun rights (I don't even OWN a gun) will NEVER be eroded.......EVER!!!! Even if it means a CONSTITUTIONAL AMMENDMENT to compliment the 2nd.

I would also DEMAND REAL accountability from the Military Industrial Complex. NO COST PLUS CONTRACTS EVER AGAIN!!! No sweethart deals and NEVER give a contract to a foriegn company. Once again if that requires a CONSTITUTIONAL AMMENDMENT to give it REAL TEETH than so be it.

20 NEW nuclear power plants ON-LINE by 2020. Moon landing and recovery of a small amount of Helium 3 for test for helium3 reactors by 2020. Think a Kennedy type of moon shot deal. I want COMPLETE space dominance for the USA PERIOD! China already showed that they can knock out a sattelite and we are WAY too dependent upon our military satelites to allow China to knock them out.

Massive tax breaks for SMALL busineses. Tax breaks for BIG business that are DIRECTLY tied to making jobs HERE!!! Make jobs here get rewarded for it/ send them over seas be TARRIFED 100% if necassary.

DEMAND FAIR trade from our trading partners not FREE trade.

How have I done so far?

No Fox as I said earlier I could get behind the TP movement if you could just weed out the CONSPIRACY LUNATICS!!! I am SERIOUS HERE at the VERY least you need to surround them with TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY posters so they don't get ANY press assciated with the TRUE TP message.

As an aside if I run for Pres I will campaing on CEMENTING gun rights with whatever legislation is neccessary to make it clear that our gun rights (I don't even OWN a gun) will NEVER be eroded.......EVER!!!! Even if it means a CONSTITUTIONAL AMMENDMENT to compliment the 2nd.

I would also DEMAND REAL accountability from the Military Industrial Complex. NO COST PLUS CONTRACTS EVER AGAIN!!! No sweethart deals and NEVER give a contract to a foriegn company. Once again if that requires a CONSTITUTIONAL AMMENDMENT to give it REAL TEETH than so be it.

20 NEW nuclear power plants ON-LINE by 2020. Moon landing and recovery of a small amount of Helium 3 for test for helium3 reactors by 2020. Think a Kennedy type of moon shot deal. I want COMPLETE space dominance for the USA PERIOD! China already showed that they can knock out a sattelite and we are WAY too dependent upon our military satelites to allow China to knock them out.

Massive tax breaks for SMALL busineses. Tax breaks for BIG business that are DIRECTLY tied to making jobs HERE!!! Make jobs here get rewarded for it/ send them over seas be TARRIFED 100% if necassary.

How have I done so far?

you did not mention how christian you are.

How have I done so far?

You did good. :) You would fit right in with our Tea Partiers. Some would agree with you on most or all; some would express opinions that you are unrealistic about this or that.

All Tea Partiers, however, are pretty strong constitutionalist originalists and a President and majority in government who are also of that stripe would take care of erosion of freedoms and liberties issues. Especially when most, like you and I, would support Constitutional amendments that strengthen the original intent of the Constitution so that the courts will have no power to erode our freedoms and liberties.

In my (cough) candidacy for President, however, I won't express specifics of how to get to energy independence for instance, as I have neither the education nor experience to know how to get there. But I can promise that we won't be turning it over to the world government to decide, we won't be imposing crushing taxes on our citizens, commerce, and industry to accomplish it, and we will consult the true experts that can get us there in a fully open and transparent process. Brainstorming sessions of necessity must be private, but the actual legislative process should be fully open and accessible with a full accounting given of all criteria that will go into it.

President Obama promised us that as a candidate. He has subsequently turned all those campaign promises into lies. I want a different kind of President who keeps his word next time.

But as for the conspiracy theorists that you seem to think are hijacking the Tea Party movement? Who are they? What are the theories that you find so objectionable?

Immigration----STOP IT
Welfare------REFORM
Abortion------RIGHTS
Clmate Change------Quit denying the SCIENCE
Energy reform-----Nuclear Power
Term Limits------REAL TERM LIMITS and ENFORCE THEM.

So you see I am FAR more complex than many people give me credit for.

How have I done so far?

LOL!!!! As long as I am INDOORS with no threat of LIGHTNING then I am Christian.

How have I done so far?

You did good. :) You would fit right in with our Tea Partiers. Some would agree with you on most or all; some would express opinions that you are unrealistic about this or that.

All Tea Partiers, however, are pretty strong constitutionalist originalists and a President and majority in government who are also of that stripe would take care of erosion of freedoms and liberties issues. Especially when most, like you and I, would support Constitutional amendments that strengthen the original intent of the Constitution so that the courts will have no power to erode our freedoms and liberties.

In my (cough) candidacy for President, however, I won't express specifics of how to get to energy independence for instance, as I have neither the education nor experience to know how to get there. But I can promise that we won't be turning it over to the world government to decide, we won't be imposing crushing taxes on our citizens, commerce, and industry to accomplish it, and we will consult the true experts that can get us there in a fully open and transparent process. Brainstorming sessions of necessity must be private, but the actual legislative process should be fully open and accessible with a full accounting given of all criteria that will go into it.

President Obama promised us that as a candidate. He has subsequently turned all those campaign promises into lies. I want a different kind of President who keeps his word next time.

But as for the conspiracy theorists that you seem to think are hijacking the Tea Party movement? Who are they? What are the theories that you find so objectionable?

Hey I thought we were taking about MY (cough) run for President. You could be my running mate though. :) YOU bring the MONEY and I will bring my winning PERSONALITY! LOL!

Last edited:

How have I done so far?

LOL!!!! As long as I am INDOORS with no threat of LIGHTNING then I am Christian.

you will have to work on that. there still is an unconstitutional religious test.

The TEA Party is just the party of the angry sore losers, collectively pitching an ongoing fit.

Their candidates lost the the recent elections by huge majorities giving liberals the largest mandate in recent history. They refuse to accept the results of free democratic elections, defy all protocols of democracy and statesmanship, and are organized for the purpose of DICTATING their will in defiance of the vast majority.

The Modus operandi of the TEA party and neo-con politicos is best described:

"never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

Of course the above statement is from "a report prepared during the war by the United States Office of Strategic Services in describing Hitler's psychological profile"

The similarities are outstanding!

You know, I've watched the tea party idiots, and I STILL can't figure out what they are for.

Why? Simple.........each and every one has a different agenda. So much for unity eh?

You know, I've watched the tea party idiots, and I STILL can't figure out what they are for.

Why? Simple.........each and every one has a different agenda. So much for unity eh?

The TEA Party was born as an angry response to the fact that there was an extremely liberal government elected - anger at the liberals for having been elected and anger at the Republicans for having lost the election.

It may be true that it's hard to figure out what they're for. They'll be agreeable to any variation of a large number of conservative ideas based on conservative social and economic values, but they work in broad generalizations, not specifics - thereby having enormous leeway to draw in their constituients.

The uniting factor of the TEA Party is not what they are for, but what they are against:

-They are against liberalism in a very broad way.

-They are against taxes.

-They are against the U.S. Government insofar as they are opposed to 'BIG' government - another broad generalization.

-They are against homosexual marraige.

-They are against Universal Health Care.

-etc.

Now, stop for a second and ask yourself - What were the NAZI's for? Name 5 things that Hilter was for. Can you do it? Probably not.

Can you name 5 things that the Nazis were against? Easily!!!

I do not suggest that the political ends of the TEA Party or neo conservatives (however non-descript they may be) are equal to the Nazi agenda, but the political means that they employ are remarkably similar.

Forum List

Back