Syria To Be Bombed Within Days

UN weapons inspectors leaving Syria now..

so.... it's only a matter of days , perhaps hours.

August 30, 2013
UN Weapons Inspectors Prepare to Leave Syria - ABC News

President Obama will be 100% responsible for all things that come from this attack.

If it leads us into a wider war, I will personally call for his resignation or impeachment if he refuses to step down.

You will call for his resignation?

More to the point...who are you?
He's..........Batman.

Potty mouth!

we are going to war against another country that never attacked us.

so if you don't like my harsh language, fuck off.

Little boy, you need to try and contain your anger, ok ?

If you can't handle these issues, then maybe you should be posting on a political board.

Here, try this forum:

XXXXXXXX

You're welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay folks, this has been a good thread. Let's drag the train back onto the tracks please.

I've been working and listening along at the news all night, and things seem to be more uncertain than ever. The real irony is we have a President who as candidate Obama condemned unilateral action of Presidents and loudly condemned the fact that there were no WMD. And now he is facing the very same thing--an uncertainty whether WMDs were used as well as who used them, plus if he acts, it appears it will be without the sanction of the American people, Congress, the U.N., NATO, and most other nations.

Meanwhile I'm watching reports of Syria moving their missiles and other weaponry into safe locations leaving only civilians for us to hit with our missiles and smart bombs.

Okay folks, this has been a good thread. Let's drag the train back onto the tracks please.

I've been working and listening along at the news all night, and things seem to be more uncertain than ever. The real irony is we have a President who as candidate Obama condemned unilateral action of Presidents and loudly condemned the fact that there were no WMD. And now he is facing the very same thing--an uncertainty whether WMDs were used as well as who used them, plus if he acts, it appears it will be without the sanction of the American people, Congress, the U.N., NATO, and most other nations.

Meanwhile I'm watching reports of Syria moving their missiles and other weaponry into safe locations leaving only civilians for us to hit with our missiles and smart bombs.

I'm confident that American intelligence combined with Mossad will do a fine job in location most of their desired targets, regardless of if Assad moves them

Ok, so the UN inspectors have left and it is coming up on 8pm local time. If the US launches missiles at o dark thirty, call it about 5 hours from now, what is the over/under on the number?

I am betting about 60 missiles and/or bombs....in the 5-9pm EST window....before the G20 summit.

Approaching mid day Mountain Daylight Time and so far no military action. I bet Obama would give up a cushy vacation in order to take back that now infamous "this red line will not be crossed" ultimatum now. There isn't much he can do at this point that isn't going to make him look really bad.

Limited
No boots on the ground
But he's taken his out--one he didn't use when he ordered strikes on Lybia--but it is his out this time--i.e. "We are a constitutional democracy. . " so he will ask Congress for authority. He has met with the leaders who will schedule a debate and vote for a strike sometime - tomorrow - next week - next month - but sometime.

That takes him off the hook.

Pretty slick Mr. President. I have no doubt your motives are to take you off that hook that was deeply unpopular, but at least you are doing the right thing this time.

Last edited:
Wow, WHAT a back-out.

This is an amazing development. Obama made strong case for war, but there is NO support in the country (and so presumably there wouldn't be support in Congress) for this war.

So I assume it's all over.

But we'll see.

Wow, WHAT a back-out.

This is an amazing development. Obama made strong case for war, but there is NO support in the country (and so presumably there wouldn't be support in Congress) for this war.

So I assume it's all over.

But we'll see.

he's totally doign the right thing.

this decision must be made by the representatives of the American people.

if the People say no, then we must not go.

Forum List

Back