Syria To Be Bombed Within Days

Well now, not only has our fearless leader--you know the one who continues to insist that he has full authority to bomb the hell out of Syria--tossed the ball to Congress so they can take the blame ---

--okay that is what he should have done in the first place, but it is the way that he did it that is disgusting--

--but now he says he never drew that red line that Syria was not going to be allowed to cross. . . .

STOCKHOLM -- President Barack Obama says the international community and Congress's credibility are on the line if a chemical attack on civilians in Syria goes unanswered. Obama is seeking congressional and international support for military action against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Obama rejected suggestions he set a red line for action against Syria in the event Assad used chemical weapons. He said the red line was set by the international community and by Congress which ratified a treaty condemning the use of chemical weapons. . . .

Obama: Congress, World Credibility At Stake If Syria Chemical Attack Goes Unanswered

What a putz. . . .

Here we go again. WWIII is just around the corner.

Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria - Telegraph

No worries, talks with Russia are happening :)lmao:), Congress comes back in 8 days :)lmao:) And this guy will handle everything :)lmao:) . Let's all relax. Everything will be fine.

600b09201e1.jpg
Whew!! What a relief to know we're in good hands. It pays to have hope.

It's pretty interesting how you guys damn President Obama no matter what he does. Attack Syria? BUT HE NEEDS CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL!!! He holds of too seek? OMG HE IS SO WEAK!!!!

Make up your minds.

--but now he says he never drew that red line that Syria was not going to be allowed to cross. . . .

What a putz. . . .

He sez it's the WORLDS' red line.

But somehow the world isn't claiming it.

And the world is sure not doing anything about it.

What a liar that Oobop is.

It's pretty interesting how you guys damn President Obama no matter what he does. Attack Syria? BUT HE NEEDS CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL!!! He holds of too seek? OMG HE IS SO WEAK!!!!

Make up your minds.

If he had sought Congressional and International approval/authority from the beginning, he wouldn't have a credibility problem now. Most especially if they said no, he went the same path as David Cameron and bowed to the will of the people's representatives.

But once he said he could do it on his own initiative, but nobody would go with him. . . .including the British. . . .along with widespread public disaproval of the USA getting involved in somebody else's civil war. . . .THEN he said that yes, he had the authority to do it on his own order, BUT. . . .he would be a good guy and consult Congress. (Translation: let THEM take the rap.)

And to save face, just in case he doesn't get Congressional authority, NOW he denies that he ever made that red line comment? It won't be on his head. It's a world problem.

Come on. How much does it take to see that the guy is a putz?

August 2012:

Transcript of the above speech:

On Syria, obviously this is a very tough issue. I have indicated repeatedly that President al-Assad has lost legitimacy, that he needs to step down. So far, he hasn't gotten the message, and instead has double downed in violence on his own people. The international community has sent a clear message that rather than drag his country into civil war he should move in the direction of a political transition. But at this point, the likelihood of a soft landing seems pretty distant.
What we've said is, number one, we want to make sure we're providing humanitarian assistance, and we've done that to the tune of $82 million, I believe, so far. And we'll probably end up doing a little more because we want to make sure that the hundreds of thousands of refugees that are fleeing the mayhem, that they don't end up creating -- or being in a terrible situation, or also destabilizing some of Syria's neighbors.

The second thing we've done is we said that we would provide, in consultation with the international community, some assistance to the opposition in thinking about how would a political transition take place, and what are the principles that should be upheld in terms of looking out for minority rights and human rights. And that consultation is taking place.

I have, at this point, not ordered military engagement in the situation. But the point that you made about chemical and biological weapons is critical. That's an issue that doesn't just concern Syria; it concerns our close allies in the region, including Israel. It concerns us. We cannot have a situation where chemical or biological weapons are falling into the hands of the wrong people.

We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.

Q So you're confident it's somehow under -- it's safe?

THE PRESIDENT: In a situation this volatile, I wouldn't say that I am absolutely confident. What I'm saying is we're monitoring that situation very carefully. We have put together a range of contingency plans. We have communicated in no uncertain terms with every player in the region that that's a red line for us and that there would be enormous consequences if we start seeing movement on the chemical weapons front or the use of chemical weapons. That would change my calculations significantly.
All right, thank you, everybody.

And in interview after interview he has been questioned about that 'red line' statement as has his press secretaries in White House briefings and it is repeated over and over in various media and never once has he disputed that he said it. . . . until now. I don't believe I have ever seen a President rewrite history as glibly and without conscience as much as this President does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back