Syria Backs Russian Proposal For Regime to Hand Over Chemical Weapons

This is all to save face and for Putin to keep a weak advosary popular. He don't want a strong POTUS here so he helps the inept

Sad times

BTW- Saw a Chinese ship docked in Pearl Harbor today. Amazing.

-Geaux
"Geaux, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things i have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul." ;) ;)

but did you have anything meaningful to add ?

This guy really is a magic negro...Kerry stumbles across a solution...Putin jumps on it...Obabble comes out so serious like it was something he discovered...now he will muddle the whole thing o death....fucking incredible.

Putin Bails Out OBama

It'd be an excellent compromise move for everybody involved. May be is a stalling tactic, but it certainly is worth considering a diplomatic solution.

As usual Putin comes out on top and smelling of roses.

I guess if you consider saving Obama's ass as diplomatic. What did it REALLY accomplish ?

This guy really is a magic negro...Kerry stumbles across a solution...Putin jumps on it...Obabble comes out so serious like it was something he discovered...now he will muddle the whole thing o death....fucking incredible.

hold your horses--there are a lot of people who are going to be pretty disappointed....the second half has just started.

Isn't that like Martha Stewart offering to turn over the necessary ingredients to bake a cake?

Actually, what I should have asked is this: Isn't that like Martha Stewart turning over a bunch of cakes when she probably still has the necessary ingredients in her pantry to bake more cakes?

Last edited:
My, my. This is the first time I've seen the oligarchy defeated in my lifetime. I wonder if it will find a reason to fire Obama for not carrying out orders. I hope not. I like having someone that inept in the employ of the powers that be.

Even better, this is the beginning of the end for McCain and his happy band of neocons in the Republican Party.

The MSM tried to sell the war to the people, but we wouldn't buy. This indicates that the internet is growing in influence and the old media model is on its way out.

I'm pretty happy about these developments.

I expect that Hillary will rise Phoenix-like from the Obama administration's ashes to represent the oligarchy. I would be delighted to see her fail.

OK, if partisan spin is the order of the day then try this;
Obama wants to disarm the Syrian regime of chemical weapons.
Obama knows that Putin is stuck.
Putin is concerned about losing an ally in the Middle East but doesn't want to be seen to be supporting the use of chemical weapons.
He also doesn't want to be seen supporting the West and has already talked his way into a corner by rejecting the idea of a strike or support of the rebels.
He also wants to maintain his hard-arse persona while establishing himself as a resepected statesman on the world stage.

Obama comes up with a brilliant plan to give Putin the opportunity to support the West without losing face or losing Syria.
The President comes out all belligerent, declaring the need to send missiles and airstrikes into Damascus and gets everyone all worked up about another war.
This also scares the shit out of Putin.
Obama then gets Kerry to throw out an offhand comment about a lesser option to see what happens.
Putin realises this presents him with a face-saving out, and takes the bait.

Obama gets the Russian support he needs to go into Syria and take away his chemicals.

Brilliant!!

My, my. This is the first time I've seen the oligarchy defeated in my lifetime. I wonder if it will find a reason to fire Obama for not carrying out orders. I hope not. I like having someone that inept in the employ of the powers that be.

Even better, this is the beginning of the end for McCain and his happy band of neocons in the Republican Party.

The MSM tried to sell the war to the people, but we wouldn't buy. This indicates that the internet is growing in influence and the old media model is on its way out.

I'm pretty happy about these developments.

I expect that Hillary will rise Phoenix-like from the Obama administration's ashes to represent the oligarchy. I would be delighted to see her fail.

"The MSM tried to sell the war to the people, but we wouldn't buy. This indicates that the internet is growing in influence and the old media model is on its way out."

Everyone on this board especially should take a bow.

Best I can figure is that Obama wants immigration reform and an increased National debt limit more than he wants to be Al Queadas Air Force.

So much for the 'Cheerios Doctrine'.

Putin Bails Out OBama

It'd be an excellent compromise move for everybody involved. May be is a stalling tactic, but it certainly is worth considering a diplomatic solution.

I guess if you consider saving Obama's ass as diplomatic. What did it REALLY accomplish ?

This whole concept of "bailing out" is of course deeply flawed in that even if all parties would agree, any effective international supervision will be ineffective. Previous history has proven this point, just look at Syria's ally Iran, Iran is building the bomb and the world should be concentrating on that country instead of wasting their time with Syria's sectarian feud which really can't be improved with outside intervention.

Anyway, at least Russia's proposal helps everybody save face if not giving a real solution to the existing problem.

If this new Syria solution suddenly blossoms into some type of Democratic victory, Republicans had better start coming up with some loopholes or ways to block the whole transaction.
The usual commie thing may not work, particularly since the Republicans have been grooming Putin to become an honorary Republican. And with Mitch McConnell up for reelection keeping a low profile, I would suggest Republicans claim the whole idea as theirs. Strike now.

Putin Bails Out OBama

This whole concept of "bailing out" is of course deeply flawed in that even if all parties would agree, any effective international supervision will be ineffective. Previous history has proven this point, just look at Syria's ally Iran, Iran is building the bomb and the world should be concentrating on that country instead of wasting their time with Syria's sectarian feud which really can't be improved with outside intervention.

Anyway, at least Russia's proposal helps everybody save face if not giving a real solution to the existing problem.

I was kind of looking forward to a landslide vote in Congress. Oh well...

Breaking News:

We're here live at the White House where anonymous sources inside the Presidents inner circle have informed THIS reporter that Secretary of State John Kerry is, at this late hour, STILL getting his ass chewed by President Obama for, as some officials put it "Royally effing this thing up".

We'll bring your more on this dramatic story as it unfolds.

I was kind of looking forward to a landslide vote in Congress. Oh well...

They still might vote on it, I doubt this is what Obama wants, despite his little foray into international politics.

Kerry, the Diplomat;

th

Forum List

Back