Syria Backs Russian Proposal For Regime to Hand Over Chemical Weapons

Kerry, the Diplomat;

th
Kerry: The one whom speaks out his ASS...in a GAFF...and it now looks like Obama policy courtesy of Putin and Assad...

Obama was three steps ahead of the rest of us.

He got Putin to pressure the Syrians into giving up their weapons.

No American money spent, no American soldiers killed.

Checkmate.

Checkmate.

Obama lied...And now will capitalize on something that wasn't HIS idea...Putin is taking him to the cleaners...and US ...Putin is taking Obama by the hand and leading him OUT of the Middle East...

Relegating US to Second fiddle...as Putin laughs.

Obama had over a YEAR to deal with this with the RED LINE crap...

What I just heard Obama state in his speech was garbage...NONE of it he belives except to save his own ass.

What a cluster struck. Obama is so frigging weak he needs the Russians to save his ass.

-Geaux
And here I am catching FLAK from several LIBS on the board for agreeing with PUTIN this past weekend...whom looks like a saint right now. WHAT a convoluted world we live in...

Putin gave Obama an OUT...Will the petulant one REFUSE...and throw a fussfit anyway as he tends to do?

I agree with your assessment. However, I want to really check the teeth on this gift horse. What are the ramifications of this offer? What are our give backs if we agree?

Alas, Syria crossed the ORL (Obama Red Line) and will suffer no consequences. Removing chemical weapons from an active war zone is impossible. A multi year, multi billion dollar task that can't start until the Syrian civil war is over. So...do nothing, declare victory, and drop it down the memory hole...not to be mentioned in polite company ever again.

Checkmate.

Where have you been? Obama has weakened his presidency and alienated even those in his own party, and you claim it was a good Chess move. I see it as a bad chess maneuver which will ultimately lead to chaos. Obama appears to be playing Checkers while Putin and Assad are playing Chess.

Checkmate.

Where have you been? Obama has weakened his presidency and alienated even those in his own party, and you claim it was a good Chess move. I see it as a bad chess maneuver which will ultimately lead to chaos. Obama appears to be playing Checkers while Putin and Assad are playing Chess.

It's closer to a poker game.
Syria used chemical weapons. Obama has called Assad on the move and now Syria has agreed to give up the weapons. Russia has backed the US on the call for Syria to give up the chemical weapons. Of course, it could all go kaput, but does America's hand look better today than a week ago? The Congress is not really involved. The job of Congress is to stand on the sidelines and see ways to exploit the crisis so their political party can be called the winner. In these battles the Congress has become the "coat holders."

By Patrick J McDonnell
September 9, 2013

The Syrian government said Monday that it backed a Russian proposal calling for Damascus to hand over its arsenal of chemical weapons to international authorities in a bid to avoid a U.S. attack. “We, for the sake of protecting our people and children and country and due to our trust in the Russian efforts, will cooperate fully with Russia in this regard so as to take away the excuses of this aggression,” Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moallem said in a statement. Russia has been a staunch ally of Syrian President Bashar Assad. There was no immediate U.S. response to the..

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Syria backs Russian proposal for regime to hand over chemical weapons - latimes.com

Should there be a pause in this mad rush of Obama and let's see if this may help? What is the real reason Obama is pushing this?

I think you mean only after they move the majority of chemical weapons to Iran--:cuckoo: Then they'll negotiate. As far as Obama he drew the red line in the sand months ago, (or crossed the red line)-- prior to any use of Chemical weapons--stating that if Assad used them we would strike. That's why he's pushing it.

Last edited:

Checkmate.

Syria used chemical weapons. Obama has called Assad on the move and now Syria has agreed to give up the weapons. Russia has backed the US on the call for Syria to give up the chemical weapons. Of course, it could all go kaput, but does America's hand look better today than a week ago? The Congress is not really involved. The job of Congress is to stand on the sidelines and see ways to exploit the crisis so their political party can be called the winner. In these battles the Congress has become the "coat holders."

And it's congress's job to represent the wishes of their constituents--whom are saying Hell No we won't go.

Checkmate.

No, no!!
It's more like Hungry Hungry Hippo where the main players sit in a circle and each push a button as fast as they can to.......................oh, never mind.

Forum List

Back