Swiss vote may cap CEO pay at 12X lowest worker's salary

Stupid idea unless of course you want a mass exodus of businesses. Besides there are other ways to pay people than a salary.

Last edited:
Which just means all the lowest paid people will be fired and the company will outsource/contract out that work so those people won't be considered apart of that company.

Hurray for more people losing jobs thanks to progressives forcing their ideas on everyone else.

Statism.png

Last edited:
Which just means all the lowest paid people will be fired and the company will outsource/contract out that work so those people won't be considered apart of that company.

Hurray for more people losing jobs thanks to progressives forcing their ideas on everyone else.

Statism.png

Cool. You read the article. You should cite it when you copy it, genius.

Did it tell you that the employees who get fired will just go to work for the contractor.....whose CEO will also have the pay limit? Did it also tell you that having to hire the contractor puts the original company at a logistical disadvantage?

No.

If, instead of trying to micro manage the economy, the government would focus on the implementation of fair and simple taxes and institute regulations designed to level the playing field for small businesses, the income inequality problem would simply go away.

Addressing the symptoms instead of the problem rarely cures the patient.

No.

If, instead of trying to micro manage the economy, the government would focus on the implementation of fair and simple taxes and institute regulations designed to level the playing field for small businesses, the income inequality problem would simply go away.

The ideal situation, of course, would be one where executives considered the effect that there personal greed has on the economy.....and thus there company's future. I once worked for a 500 million dollar Japanese manufacturer of tooling. The President of the company had a desk in the same room as the sales staff. It was a nice desk....and he was hardly ever there, but the point was made. Soon after I was hired, they held a welcome party for me. I sat right there next to the Prez. He was very proud of the fact that his salary was only about 7 times that of mine. He had been to the US dozens of times.....and he knew that Presidents of companies that size here made way more.

I am not sure how things are for Japanese CEO's now......but this dude was motivated......extremely motivated....by his desire to do well by his employees.
He was not working hard only for himself.

No.

The ideal situation, of course, would be one where executives considered the effect that there personal greed has on the economy.....and thus there company's future. I once worked for a 500 million dollar Japanese manufacturer of tooling. The President of the company had a desk in the same room as the sales staff. It was a nice desk....and he was hardly ever there, but the point was made. Soon after I was hired, they held a welcome party for me. I sat right there next to the Prez. He was very proud of the fact that his salary was only about 7 times that of mine. He had been to the US dozens of times.....and he knew that Presidents of companies that size here made way more.

I am not sure how things are for Japanese CEO's now......but this dude was motivated......extremely motivated....by his desire to do well by his employees.

That is due to culture and tradition, not due to government forcing them how to do buisiness. If you want to change the corporate culture work at it, and dont make government do your dirty work for you.

works for me.

Of course it does, Joe has never met a statist thought he didnt like.

JoeB: My ideas are so awesome we have to force you to follow them.

Well, if you were a decent human being, I probably wouldn't have to.

But you are the kind who thinks that it's perfectly acceptable for a CEO to fire thousands and then give himself a raise.

You know, because..."Freedom".

works for me.

Of course it does, Joe has never met a statist thought he didnt like.

JoeB: My ideas are so awesome we have to force you to follow them.

Well, if you were a decent human being, I probably wouldn't have to.

But you are the kind who thinks that it's perfectly acceptable for a CEO to fire thousands and then give himself a raise.

You know, because..."Freedom".

If firing people to maintain the company is what he has to do, and he does it successfully, then why shouldnt he be compensated for it? What about all those jobs he saved doing it? Companies dont fire people because they want to, they do it because they have to. All your prissy statist catterwalling doesnt change that simple fact.

And your logic in the first line is the logic of thugs and tyrants.

No.

That is due to culture and tradition, not due to government forcing them how to do buisiness. If you want to change the corporate culture work at it, and dont make government do your dirty work for you.

Um, maybe you need to read a history book or two.

Before WWII, the Japanese had a system of big corporations know as the zaibatsu, which were just as bad American Corporations are today. Maybe a little worse. Mitsubishi was one of the few that survived to the current day. They not only exemplified the worst exploitation of working people, they helped instigate Japan's aggression against her neighbors.

Then along came WWII, and Douglas MacArthur and a bunch of New Dealers from Washington who imposed exactly the kind of stuff they could never get passed in America- strong workers rights, strong unions, universal health care.

[

If firing people to maintain the company is what he has to do, and he does it successfully, then why shouldnt he be compensated for it? What about all those jobs he saved doing it? Companies dont fire people because they want to, they do it because they have to. All your prissy statist catterwalling doesnt change that simple fact.

And your logic in the first line is the logic of thugs and tyrants.

If the company is struggling so badly they have to fire people, then no one in leadership should get a raise.

And most companies fire people because they think they can get away with it, and then they hire a bunch of new people at lower wages.

This is the sort of shit we really need to stop tolerating.

No.

It's kind of the same solution.

And that's not bad by the way.

If a CEO thinks it's a ok to pay himself the lion's share the the profit then he should be paying the lion's share of the taxes. :lol:

No.

I think you are putting words into my mouth nutter. I never said that the government should do anything in this respect.....unless it is the will of the people. What nutters ALWAYS forget....is that anything that our duly elected legislators do.....provided it is constitutional....is, like it or not, the will of the people. The fucking problem with corporate culture here is that CORPORATIONS ARE VIEWED AS PEOPLE.......lots and lots of people.....when it comes to their influence on legislators.

We....the people.....need to take the reigns of government back from corporations. Then we.....the people.....will do what Avg Joe suggested above and what you have suggested here.

I think you are missing an important fact regarding the Swiss proposal. IT IS BEING VOTED ON BY THE PEOPLE. If it passes.....it is the will of the people.

I think you are putting words into my mouth nutter. I never said that the government should do anything in this respect.....unless it is the will of the people. What nutters ALWAYS forget....is that anything that our duly elected legislators do.....provided it is constitutional....is, like it or not, the will of the people. The fucking problem with corporate culture here is that CORPORATIONS ARE VIEWED AS PEOPLE.......lots and lots of people.....when it comes to their influence on legislators.

We....the people.....need to take the reigns of government back from corporations. Then we.....the people.....will do what Avg Joe suggested above and what you have suggested here.

I think you are missing an important fact regarding the Swiss proposal. IT IS BEING VOTED ON BY THE PEOPLE. If it passes.....it is the will of the people.

So if the people voted to re-introduce slavery, it would be just fine by you?

The will of the people is tempered in a republic by consitutional protections, if not what you have is mob rule.

So if the will of the people is to confiscate YOUR property, you would just accept that?

[

So if the people voted to re-introduce slavery, it would be just fine by you?

The will of the people is tempered in a republic by consitutional protections, if not what you have is mob rule.

So if the will of the people is to confiscate YOUR property, you would just accept that?

I wouldn't have much of a choice, would I?

What you fail to get is that most of what you call "rights" or "Freedoms" are things everyone else agrees you should have.

Until, of course, you abuse them.

I would say when these greedy CEO's crashed the world economy, went to the rest of us to insist they were "too big to fail" and had to be bailed out, and then stated that if you dared criticize them for keeping their 7 figure bonuses, it was just like a lynch mob...

well, bring on the mob!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__NN16uoXk]Black Sabbath - The Mob Rules (Heavy Metal) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back