Swing States Poll: Downbeat Dems, resurgent Republicans

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
President Obama is moving to energize the Democratic base for his re-election campaign, but in the case of a dozen battleground states, he'll have to work harder than four years ago to find it.

Since the heady days of 2008, a new USA TODAY/Gallup Swing States Poll finds the number of voters who identify themselves as Democratic or Democratic-leaning in these key states has eroded, down by 4 percentage points, while the ranks of Republicans have climbed by 5 points.

Republican voters also are more attentive to the campaign, more enthusiastic about the election and more convinced that the outcome matters.

Poll: Downbeat Dems, resurgent Republicans

It's a Catch-22 for Obama. The harder he tries to fight, the more tired people will be of him. The more delicious viral videos there will be contrasting the fantasy-Obama of 2008 with the tedious, dissembling Obama of today.

He won't make it easy for his Republican opponent, but it won't be easy for him either. Obama fatigue is real. He's annoying as hell, and though I admit I'm partisan, I don't think it is partisan statement to say that Obama has overexposed himself with all his speeches and interviews. People are saying it in the mainstream media too.

Yea times have changed. I think the change in Independent support will be significant too. He has lost most of the Independent support he had last time around. That could be the difference in 2012.

Forum List

Back