Sweet Movies

"Dear Brigitte"

maxresdefault.jpg

Roman Holiday

260px-Audrey_Hepburn_and_Gregory_Peck_on_Vespa_in_Roman_Holiday_trailer.jpg
Great movie! I loved, loved, loved Audrey Hepburn and always wanted to look like her. I was skinny like her and had big eyes like her too. And I was a dancer with long thin legs too. One of my favorite of her movies was Two For The Road with Albert Finney. I have the DVD and watch it about once a month. I got my hair cut like hers when in was short in the movie back then and managed to find sunglasses like she had then too. I was very much into the theater back then. I performed in many little theater shows. All past memories now....

From Dusk til Dawn.
I enjoy most Quinton Tarantino screenplays. This one just really didn't do it for me.

However, the director is good friends with Tarentino and they worked on the project Four Rooms together. I thought the part he wrote and directed in that, the "The Misbehavers," with Antonio Banderas, was just about the hardest I laughed in a long time first time I saw it in the theater. It was the best of the four vignettes.

The scene is New Years eve, and he is going out with his wife, leaving his kids to watch the ball drop. He has offered the bell hop a substantial tip to check in on his kids from time to time to make sure they don't get into trouble. His wife drinks too much and ruins his night. This is the end of that sequence.

From Dusk til Dawn.
I enjoy most Quinton Tarantino screenplays. This one just really didn't do it for me.

However, the director is good friends with Tarentino and they worked on the project Four Rooms together. I thought his part in that, the "The Misbehavers," with Antonio Banderas, was just about the hardest I laughed in a long time first time I saw it in the theater. It was the best of the four vignettes.

The scene is New Years eve, and he is going out with his wife, leaving his kids to watch the ball drop. He has offered the bell hop a substantial tip to check in on his kids from time to time to make sure they don't get into trouble. His wife drinks too much and ruins his night. This is the end of that sequence.

I liked 4 rooms. Actually it's up there with..um..Blue Velvet.

Nope! I like the Gene Wilder version better. Speaking of Gene Wider, I've loved him in everything....Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Silver Streak, Stir Crazy, etc.
One of my absolute favorite lines from any movie....
" Uh, Abby Something. Abby Someone? Abby Normal. Abby Normal??" I still about pee when I see that scene.

Last edited:
Speaking of Robin Williams, he was in a Christmas movie and per his request was unaccredited. but, he probably had the best part in the entire movie. The name of the movie is Noel. When I first saw it, the end had my jaw literally dropping on the floor. It is one I would definitely classify as a sweet movie....and very sad and uplifting too. Susan Sarandon, Paul Walker, Penelope Cruz, and Chazz Palaminteri are also in it. Chazz directed it. It's not one of the cheesy Christmas movies that the Hallmark Chanel shows either. It's one of the best movies, Christmas or otherwise, that I've ever seen. and, one of Robin Williams' best movies ever.
Another thumbs up for me!

Guys, this has been so much fun, but I've got to go to bed because I'm in some discomfort. I had my teeth cleaned today and she really dug in and my gums are sore. I floss several times a day and brush 3 times a day, so I didn't think I needed that kind of torture. She is my usual hygienists so maybe she was having a bad day,don't know. Also, I have TMJ and keeping my mouth open for long gives my jaws pain. I took my prescription strength Ibuprofen and will wait for it to kick in, but I need to go to bed.

This has been so much fun and I thank all of you for participating. On a final note, I have been lusting after Dennis Quaid ever since I saw him in The Big Easy. I thought Jeff Bridges in Starman was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I could probably go on all night, but really have to go and deal with my discomfort. I'm going to fill a hot water bottle and put it on the side of my face and hopefully that will ease the pain.

Thanks again, and maybe we can continue this tomorrow. You're all really great!

Forum List

Back