Susan Collins says she can't vote for Trump

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This is big -

GOP senator Susan Collins: Why I cannot support Trump

By Susan Collins August 8 at 9:00 PM
The writer, a Republican, represents Maine in the Senate.

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.

"Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country."

True.

The problem is, however, neither did any of the other candidates running for the GOP nomination, Cruz in particular; all of whom sought only to further divide the American people.

Sadly, Collins represents a shrinking minority of Republicans who actually practice historical Republican values and an inclusive approach to governing.

Most of the GOP is comprised of hateful social conservatives, libertarian extremists, and TPM nitwits.

I disagree with her. Trump represents conservative values very well. Maybe she's just realizing now how illogical conservative and republican values are.

Susan Collins is far more influential among Democrats that she ever was with Republicans.

"Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country."

True.

The problem is, however, neither did any of the other candidates running for the GOP nomination, Cruz in particular; all of whom sought only to further divide the American people.

Sadly, Collins represents a shrinking minority of Republicans who actually practice historical Republican values and an inclusive approach to governing.

Most of the GOP is comprised of hateful social conservatives, libertarian extremists, and TPM nitwits.

True too. The party would have a lot been better off for its own good if the candidate had been --- Susan Collins.
Imagine Rump trying to lay "disgusting pig" on her.

RINO, fools ya wearing red panties. Who cares? She could not mop sweat off Joe Liberman nutsack. Lock her up too.

This is big -

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.
This is terrible. I know he was counting on getting her vote. Now millions won't vote for Trump because Susan won't. It is certainly a travesty.

True.

I agree. I have high respect for Collins.

This is big -

Why on earth do you think this is big?

True.

Obama was hardly inclusive. Collins is a fucking liberal.

True.

If only Collins were as critical of Obama/Clinton, as she is of Trump.

Typical elitist republican...way too many of them.

True.

If only Collins were as critical of Obama/Clinton, as she is of Trump.

Typical elitist republican...way too many of them.

Yup, he sure is.

None of these pseudo "Republicans" who declared that they would not for Trump had the honesty and integrity to declare who they would be voting FOR.

Forum List

Back