Surprise! The SAT's Ain't Racist!

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

Of course, people have known this for eons. "Back in the day" [I hate that expression] the advocates for Negroes claimed that the SAT was racist, and pointed out some dubious examples to "prove" their point. But they had forgotten the fact that the people who write these tests are also Leftists, so those people quickly made the feasible adjustments and it was no longer an issue (except in the minds of the original accusers).

But college admissions folks have always known that SAT's coupled with grades are an excellent predictor of academic success in college* which is why they were used so universally.

In fact, the SAT's WERE CREATED in order to identify low-income, underpriveleged kids who might otherwise fall outside the radar of admissions staff. "Hey, here's a kid who lives in a terrible ghetto and goes to a lousy school, but he has 1500 Board scores!"

So kudos to Dartmouth...back to sanity.

* When I started at the Univ of Pgh in 1967, my Academic Advisor took one look at my "profile" and warned me: "You have a profile of someone who will quickly flunk out of school." I had a relatively high SAT and mediocre HS grades. I flunked out as quickly as possible, and didn't get it right until I got out of the Army.

LOL! The initial test was created by a white supremacist and the test has been proven to be culturally biased. This is why over 900 colleges and universities have either eliminated SATS or made them optional.

Considering that whites have paid people to take the tests for them, talking about blacks in this thread is just more white racist bs.

LOL! The initial test was created by a white supremacist and the test has been proven to be culturally biased. This is why over 900 colleges and universities have either eliminated SATS or made them optional.

Considering that whites have paid people to take the tests for them, talking about blacks in this thread is just more white racist bs.
As always, those who fail miserably at the test blame it all on the test.

It is racist, because dumbass blacks are given a free 200-300 points added to their scores.

Let's be fair.

Certain folks do very badly on standardized tests.

Is it because of genetics?

Is it because of cultural differences? (Such as lacking books in their homes.)

Whatever the reason, this is 2024 America.

So it is necessary to have a quota of certain folks in the universities.

And some folks are pushing for a quota of certain folks as pilots, lawyers, doctors, accountants, etc.

Your grandchildren are going to be living in a very interesting country.

Of course, people have known this for eons. "Back in the day" [I hate that expression] the advocates for Negroes claimed that the SAT was racist, and pointed out some dubious examples to "prove" their point. But they had forgotten the fact that the people who write these tests are also Leftists, so those people quickly made the feasible adjustments and it was no longer an issue (except in the minds of the original accusers).

But college admissions folks have always known that SAT's coupled with grades are an excellent predictor of academic success in college* which is why they were used so universally.

In fact, the SAT's WERE CREATED in order to identify low-income, underpriveleged kids who might otherwise fall outside the radar of admissions staff. "Hey, here's a kid who lives in a terrible ghetto and goes to a lousy school, but he has 1500 Board scores!"

So kudos to Dartmouth...back to sanity.

* When I started at the Univ of Pgh in 1967, my Academic Advisor took one look at my "profile" and warned me: "You have a profile of someone who will quickly flunk out of school." I had a relatively high SAT and mediocre HS grades. I flunked out as quickly as possible, and didn't get it right until I got out of the Army.
SATs were always way overated I thought. I knew so many kids who would study to get higher scores just to get into a better college. I knew kids who would cheat their SATs to get in a better college. I would see these kids cheat the SAT's and get away with it and graduate with a degree from the college they cheated to get into. I knew a kids who paid another kid to help him cheat on his SAT's. The kid got into Stanford successfully even though he cheated. This same kid successfully got a degree from Stanford. Later a great paying job and career. So I saw the SAT's growing up as just one big scam.

I also saw kids not study at all for the SAT and get a 1500 on their first attempt, but instead of going to a college that has a tough SAT requirement they choose to go to a college that has an 80% acceptance rate out of protest. Protesting that these really hard to get into colleges are highly overrated.

Anything blacks tend to be not good at is dismissed as "culturally biased."

The United States has a white culture. That is why we are more successful than countries with black cultures. Negroes who want to be successful in fields other than professional sports, rap music, and the manufacture and sale of illegal drugs need to adopt our white culture.

I could not have possibly paid someone to take the tests for me. I took them in a room with other students at my school.

Blacks Before Obama: A mind is a terrible thing to waste

Blacks After Obama: Math is racist, reading too

Personally, I hated and deplored the SATs and standardized testing; in fact, most of my education had to endured rather than enjoyed.

Last edited:
I have seen so many people defy what their SAT's tell them they can and can't do in life.

I knew a guy who at first was almost denied entry to a school because of his SAT score, after some influence they let him in. Even though he had just a mediocre SAT score he majored in Electrical Engineering and successfully got his degree. Later he became a successful engineer. He said he got through engineering school and made it as an engineer by working way harder than anyone else. The dude was the hardest working guy I have ever seen. Average SAT score and Average IQ and he still got an engineering degree and became an enginner.

I knew a guy just average SAT score and later just average LSAT score who became a lawyer. He graduated college and later went to a tier 3 law school finishing middle of his class. He passed the bar exam in two states and became a sucessful lawyer.

I knew a pair of nurses who years earlier before they were nurses got below average SAT scores in high school. They were told by their high school counselor that they were not college material and would not amount to much. Both went on to get masters degrees and earn a lot of money as nurses.

When I took the SAT I really didn't give it much concern as I already had a scholarship lined up. I've been tutoring students for the SAT for about 25 years now.

Forum List

Back