Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies

Sounds to me like your whining big time....maybe you're so used to it you don't even recognize it when you whine.......:crybaby:
Yeah well to be a libtard is to be retarded so that would explain your inability to discern the world around you correctly.

Oh look, the unhappy retarded right-tard is calling me retarded.....look who's the one that is drooling and whining....retard.
ROFL You do realize you just admitted the shoe fits.

Yeah....and you're wearing it.....retardo.
Let me check... nope, I have my shoes on, not yours.

No retard, those are your shoes.....just trust me.

Yeah well to be a libtard is to be retarded so that would explain your inability to discern the world around you correctly.

Oh look, the unhappy retarded right-tard is calling me retarded.....look who's the one that is drooling and whining....retard.

My shoes are the shoes of a leftist? Not hardly.

And I didn't claim to be an expert on anything. It isn't difficult to have more knowledge on such things, however, than the dishonest fraudulent bullshit artist, Fakey.

It wouldn't matter if you did, idiot....most of us have sized up the many erroneous assertions you have made and are laughing at just how stupid you really are. You are an expert at making yourself look like an idiot........FACT.

Nonsense. As always you are just bloviating with no basis in fact or knowledge.

And you can't speak for other people. You can barely speak coherently for yourself, Kotex.

Irony is Kotex calling ANYbody else a retard.

Kotex, you remain a clueless lump of shit.

Nonsense, hospitals have been closing their ER's for many years before Obama every became president. The number of hospital emergency departments in the United States fell from 4,884 in 1996 to 4,594 in 2009, a 6% decline. The main reason is of course uninsured patients. Since Obamacare was implemented at the end of 2013, the percent uninsured adults has decreased by over a third.

The massive expansion of insurance programs like Medicaid and a drop in emergency room visits saved hospitals at least $7.4 billion over the last year. If the fall in the number of uninsured continues, loses due to uninsured patents will become a minor expense in the next 5 years.

Study Emergency room closures can be deadly for area apos s residents - LA Times
HHS Hospitals saved billions under ObamaCare TheHill
Nonsense? You were just repeating what I said but more add ons. You may want to address your post to anti-ACA.
Sorry, I thought you meant hospital ER's weren't closing before Obama.

Why would ERs close? They are a cash cow for hospitals and there use is increasing. With SCOTUSCARE they are ensured of making even more money.
Emergency rooms that loose money do so because they are forced by law to accept the uninsured. However, that's changing because the percentage of uninsured in the US is falling rather dramatically due to Obamacare and the economic recovery.

It's not all peaches and cream for the hospitals. We are seeing signs now that less people are using the ER as a replacement for outpatient care because more people have insurance. ER's in the future will have less patients but will have less losses due to unpaid bills.

20% to 30% of hospital admissions have come thru the ER. The goal of most hospitals is to shift ER admissions to elective admissions. This is one of the reasons why hospitals are becoming large healthcare centers with local and remote clinics and urgent care centers. This means better medical outcomes and more revenue.

What surprises me is that I looked for information on if ERs made money or not and happened upon this article that used the same words I did. Of course that is because it is common knowledge so that is no real big surprise. Next time I am at an ER I hope to find some of their loose money. :D

Study sees unlikely cash cow / Emergency departments create profit for hospitals

"California consumers don't have to worry their local ED (emergency department) is going to close. They're on sound economic footing," saidGlenn Melnick, the study's lead author and director of USC's Center for Health Financing, Policy & Management.

According to the study, which was commissioned by the California Healthcare Foundation, emergency departments in 2002 lost an average of $84 per patient treated and discharged, but they generated an average profit of $1,220 for each patient that had to be admitted for additional care.
Whether an ER looses or makes money depends on the number of patients without insurance and government reimbursement for indigent care. This varies a lot from community to community and state to state. For states with expanded Medicaid, ER loses should be low in most communities.

Last edited:
Nonsense? You were just repeating what I said but more add ons. You may want to address your post to anti-ACA.

Why would ERs close? They are a cash cow for hospitals and there use is increasing. With SCOTUSCARE they are ensured of making even more money.
Emergency rooms that loose money do so because they are forced by law to accept the uninsured. However, that's changing because the percentage of uninsured in the US is falling rather dramatically due to Obamacare and the economic recovery.

It's not all peaches and cream for the hospitals. We are seeing signs now that less people are using the ER as a replacement for outpatient care because more people have insurance. ER's in the future will have less patients but will have less losses due to unpaid bills.

20% to 30% of hospital admissions have come thru the ER. The goal of most hospitals is to shift ER admissions to elective admissions. This is one of the reasons why hospitals are becoming large healthcare centers with local and remote clinics and urgent care centers. This means better medical outcomes and more revenue.

What surprises me is that I looked for information on if ERs made money or not and happened upon this article that used the same words I did. Of course that is because it is common knowledge so that is no real big surprise. Next time I am at an ER I hope to find some of their loose money. :D

Study sees unlikely cash cow / Emergency departments create profit for hospitals

"California consumers don't have to worry their local ED (emergency department) is going to close. They're on sound economic footing," saidGlenn Melnick, the study's lead author and director of USC's Center for Health Financing, Policy & Management.

According to the study, which was commissioned by the California Healthcare Foundation, emergency departments in 2002 lost an average of $84 per patient treated and discharged, but they generated an average profit of $1,220 for each patient that had to be admitted for additional care.
Whether an ER looses or makes money depends on the number of patients without insurance and government reimbursement for indigent care. This varies a lot from community to community and state to state. For states with expanded Medicaid, ER loses should be low in most communities.

As much as I respect your opinion it is based on what? Right, your opinion. At least i provide some sort of link. I can't wait to find some of that loose money. :D

As much as I respect your opinion it is based on what? Right, your opinion. At least i provide some sort of link. I can't wait to find some of that loose money. :D

What is your disagreement; that ER loses depend on insurance payments and government reimbursements or that in states with expanded Medicaid loses should be low in most communities?

Another freedom taken by the Obama administration.

The freedom to lose your house and life savings if you lose your job and have a pre-existing medical condition or suffer a non-fatal heart attack without having insurance.

Thank you Mr President.

Or if that cheapo one year self insured policy is canceled when a family member is diagnosed with cancer - the freedom to go bankrupt.

Is that the freedom you speak of?

Diabetes rates in US have been falling from 2009 to 2014. It's the first decrease in diabetes rates in over 25 years. That savings in healthcare cost will add up big over time.

A lot of hospitals in California went bankrupt because of so many illegal aliens who didn't pay. Illegal aliens run up bills having lots and lots of anchor babies. Hospitals in areas with high percentages of illegal aliens are most likely to go under.

Obama claimed that Obamacare wouldn't cover illegal aliens, then he made sure they all knew that no one would ask about citizenship when they applied for it. For some reason, a lot of people still aren't signing up.

This, "A lot of hospitals in California went bankrupt because of so many illegal aliens who didn't pay", is an opinion with no support, none. It can be ignored and everything the follows from it, until it is supported with credible evidence,

Uh, your sources are ten years old (10 YEARS OLD), long before ACA. Seems that ACA saved those hospitals.

The ACA hasn't saved anything. All it does is charge we taxpayers? Forcing us to pay for those that can't pay for themselves.

Ten years or ten minutes. Those hospitals closed because of non paying illegal aliens who by law they have to treat illegal or not.

Uh, your sources are ten years old (10 YEARS OLD), long before ACA. Seems that ACA saved those hospitals.

The ACA hasn't saved anything. All it does is charge we taxpayers? Forcing us to pay for those that can't pay for themselves.

Ten years or ten minutes. Those hospitals closed because of non paying illegal aliens who by law they have to treat illegal or not.
Now you are deflecting and changing the discussion.

One, the public hospital system still works in CA, so your OP is dead.

Two, ACA has obviously made the system better.

Three, let's get all of those illegals into the system so they can pay their full share of taxes, hmmm?

Now you are deflecting and changing the discussion.

One, the public hospital system still works in CA, so your OP is dead.

Two, ACA has obviously made the system better.

Three, let's get all of those illegals into the system so they can pay their full share of taxes, hmmm?

No. You changed the discussion when you threw the ACA in there.

Illegals are here illegally.

They are breaking our laws to be here and no way should a hospital have to treat their sorry asses. Let em go back to Mexico.

The only way they can get "in the system" is to come here legally and that takes years and thousands of dollars. Why do you think they think they should buy the cow when they get the milk for free.

Your an idiot.

The number one cause of bankruptcy is from health insurance not paying the cost & because Reagan's EMTALA caused healthcare prices to spiral.

A Harvard University study indicates medical bills is the biggest cause of bankruptcy, representing 62% of all personal bankruptcies. One of the interesting caveats of this study shows that 78% of bankruptcy filers had health insurance, thus bucking the myth that medical bills affect only the uninsured.

Hospital stays easily result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills - bills that can quickly wipe out savings and retirement accounts, college education funds and home equity. Once these have been exhausted, bankruptcy may be the only shelter left, regardless of whether the patient or his or her family was able to apply health coverage to a portion of the bill or not.

A friend of mine just had a operation to remove a kidney stone that cost her over $180,000.00 This shit is totally out of control because Reagan, Bush & Republicans reduced the education funding & number of doctors in medical schools plus Reagan signed the EMTALA into law.

med1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back