Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies

Once again the SCOTUS tells us something doesn't say what it says.

Maybe the name should be changed to SCOTUSCARE or Robertscare

When do I get my subsidizes? When do I get anything from the feds? Oh right, I get a bill from them.

Another loss for conservatives trying to take away peoples healthcare

Another loss for the American Taxpayer who is forced support another entitlement.

Thanks loads SC.
Huh? Your taxes didnt increase because of papaca and you also no longer share as big a burden as those treated but without care.

Yea, you picked up that tab before.

Let the big boys do their jobs and you daft retards play the sidelines. It was 6-3.

Once again the pettyness of Republicans trying to hurt 6 million Americans just so they can continue their hatred of Obama gets slapped down

So basically if a law is big enough, and poorly written enough, it can't be overturned no matter how much the court realizes the wording was explicit to the States?

From the decision:

If the statutory language is plain, the Court must enforce it according to its terms. But oftentimes the meaning—or ambiguity—of certain words or phrases may only become evident when placed in context. So when deciding whether the language is plain, the Court must read the words “in their context and with a view to their place in the overall statutory scheme.”

So basically the Chief Justice stretched as much as he could to save the law, even though he knows they screwed up on the language.

So basically if a law is big enough, and poorly written enough, it can't be overturned no matter how much the court realizes the wording was explicit to the States?

Four words

A petty attempt by Republicans to hurt Americans just so they can destroy Obamacare

Meh, at this point what is one more factor to bankrupt the nation in the name of "for the good of the people"? Face it, we're toast.

Forum List

Back