Once again a big Conservative News Blog outright lies and Conservatives swallow it whole

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Confederacy of Hoaxes snopes.com

FACT CHECK: Did the 2012 Barack Obama presidential campaign distribute a button featuring a Confederate flag?
obama-confederate-flag-pin.jpg

Claim: The 2012 Barack Obama presidential campaign distributed a button featuring a Confederate flag.

false.png
FALSE

Origins: On 23 June 2015, the web site Gateway Pundit published an item stating that Barack Obama’s 2012 presidential campaign had issued buttons featuring a Confederate flag:

While it’s true that the above-displayed quotation was taken from a speech delivered by Barack Obama at the Constitution Center in 2008 (titled “A More Perfect Union”), the pictured button was not an official 2012 presidential campaign pin.

Images of a similar 1992 Clinton campaign button were circulated online in June 2015 in the midst of a national controversy over the continued flying of a Confederate flag over the South Carolina State House Building. But no written or photographic records documenting the existence of such an Obama campaign pin were found prior to June 2015, and the Obama campaign could not possibly have issued such a button without drawing a wealth of media scrutiny and criticism.

It appears that someone simply Photoshopped the pin or ordered it through a custom print shop service such as Zazzle.com in order to capitalize on the current Confederate flag controversy in South Carolina, during which vendors such as eBay, Walmart, and Zazzle announced they would stop selling Confederate flag memorabilia:

Read more at Confederacy of Hoaxes snopes.com

Heres a sample of the thread that said Obama had that pin

That's different, he's a Democrat racist
It's different, it's not real.

All these Democrat politicians are such two faced LYING HYPOCRITES

how anyone votes for them is beyond me

they lie right in FACE

How many nutters think that this pin is an Obama campaign pin?

Since about 98% of Shootspeeder threads turn out to be false I'm not wondering about the authenticity of the OP anymore. I'm wondering how many times do cons have to be tricked before saying "shame on me"

That pin looks hella fake :rofl:

LOL...Once again, One site makes a claim and the republican echo chamber copies it and doesnt think for one second to confirm the bullshit.

So you found the one fake one (which a lot of us assumed was bull,), yet no mention of all the real ones from the past....

No fact check on Bill Clinton stars and bars buttons? How convient and dishonest of you to address it/dismiss it.

I also didnt fact check Nixon because this isnt about him, thread titles and all

"Where the confederate flag still flies, we have built a powerful coalition of African Americans and white Americans” -- Barack Obama

better reorder your Obama Kneepads
The quote is real, although truncated. The pin is not.

LOL.

Whatever helps the Fluffing go down easier

"Where the confederate flag still flies, we have built a powerful coalition of African Americans and white Americans” -- Barack Obama

But but but ...context!

Thanks for securing the fact that the Right just makes stuff up.

HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...Fell for it...Hook, Line and Stinker!

No fact check on Bill Clinton stars and bars buttons? How convient and dishonest of you to address it/dismiss it.
guess you missed where the article said there was no written or photographic evidence of the existence of that button until right now.

gee, aint that a hell of a coincidence?

Yea you are a dishonest partisan hack closed caption, I know how you love to fib and leave out details since you were on Argue with everyone.

guess you missed where the article said there was no written or photographic evidence of the existence of that button until right now.

you are a dumb ass, anyone with a brain knew that button was a fake.

So you found the one fake one (which a lot of us assumed was bull,), yet no mention of all the real ones from the past....

Yeah because as you can see, this is about a fake, lying, made up "fact" that conservatives passed around and gleefully laughed at because they lack curiosity.

9861 Shares from Megan Kelly who didnt fact check because...who is she? A Journalist?

FIGURES. Barack Obama Had His Own 2012 Confederate Flag Pin Megyn Kelly :rofl:

Doesn't make the other ones fake. Nice try not so tough guy.

LOL.

But but but ...context!

Yet Obama lies to you almost on a daily basis, and you worship him. Even Gruber says Obama thinks you are an idiot, and you still worship him. Lol

Yea you are a dishonest partisan hack closed caption, I know how you love to fib and leave out details since you were on Argue with everyone.

I love this song and the dance is cool too!

:eusa_dance:
Do the Stephanie!!!

When someone sees racism accuse THEM of being racist.

Do the Stephanie!!

Just accuse dont worry about the basis

Do the Stephanie!!

I'm rubber you're glue thats the retort of the brainless

Do the Stephanie!!

If you blew out your brains the spot you did it would remain stainless

Do the Stephanie!!

Yeah because as you can see, this is about a fake, lying, made up "fact" that conservatives passed around and gleefully laughed at because they lack curiosity.

9861 Shares from Megan Kelly who didnt fact check because...who is she? A Journalist?

FIGURES. Barack Obama Had His Own 2012 Confederate Flag Pin Megyn Kelly :rofl:

Doesn't make the other ones fake. Nice try not so tough guy.

:itsok: Its fine to lash out at others after finding out you were lied to.

Its not ok to deflect and make excuses tho

LOL.

But but but ...context!

Yet Obama lies to you almost on a daily basis, and you worship him. Even Gruber says Obama thinks you are an idiot, and you still worship him. Lol

DEFLECT!! HURRY UP!! HAHAHAHAHA

Dumbass fell for another and your feelings are hurt. Kick rocks swallower

you are a dumb ass, anyone with a brain knew that button was a fake.
i'm a dumbass for knowing it was a fake? i'm confused here, are you admitting that both the clinton/gore '92 and obama 2012 buttons are fake? or are you just saying that about the obama 2012 button?

Wow just realized 10 fucking years went by closed caption reading your partisan hack and you never grew up.

Always the same.

So sad.

Forum List

Back