Supreme Court. Individual mandate

dancing.gif

I think you are celebrating too early

Obamacare held, the Mandate is constitutional as a tax

God Bless America

2/3 of Americans are opposed to the individual mandate. So Romney has a mandate to repeal the ACA.

That will be his plank going forward.

What is unconstitutional is that the commerce part of it. But they upheld it as a tax which I find funny when Obama himself said that it was NOT a tax .. confusing

It's not confusing it's the government. Their here to help you.

Now who going to pay for my healthcare because I quit working ?

If reports are true that's great. Sets it up for a big election issue as Mitt has already said he'd work to get rid of it.

need both Houses and the GOP favorite - 60 votes in the Senate if control of both,

so GOP over the years have shot themselves in the foot on Senate rules and more...

Obama will be hailed as a great President.

No wonder Scalia was frothing at the mouth the other day....he knew how Roberts was going to vote.

Under the bus asap :lmao:

What is unconstitutional is that the commerce part of it. But they upheld it as a tax which I find funny when Obama himself said that it was NOT a tax .. confusing

On odd numbered days, Obama said it was not a tax. On even numbered days, he said it was.

On fox now

The ACA is upheld, only the mandate is thrown out. An easy fix.

The health care industry cannot exclude anyone. Pre-existing conditions cannot be denied.

Chief Justice Roberts and the four liberals split the baby, and it lived.

Let the arguments begin.
As a tax, yes. As a mandate, oh hell no.

It seems like a very wise opinion.

I still don't like the Act, but now that is back in the hands of Congress.

Yes...as opposed as I am to the Act, the Supreme Court has found based on both the Constitution, and the concept that two branches had found it to be constitutional.

The bill is now where it belongs: in the hands of Congress.

The focus is now on the election.

The mandate now becomes a tax~ The largest tax in US history. The good news from this is that a tax can be legislatively repealed.

Forum List

Back