Superman threatens to renounce US citizenship

This doesn't surprise me. Back in my youth I used to LOVE DC comics. I could never get into the Marvel Universe because nothing was ever consistant. The good guys were bad guys who were really good guys from some alternate universe. It just never made any sense to me. Whereas the DC comics (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc....) all had pretty solid, understandable, Good v Evil storylines. With the recent successes of Marvel based movies and the like, it was almost inevitable that DC would shake up its lineup. First the changes to Wonder Woman, which disgusted me and now this. I don't read any of the books seriously anymore, but this will keep me from reading ANYTHING that DC puts out if they go through with it. Just as Marvel's killing of Cap (one of only two Marvel characters I've ever liked... Deadpool being the other) turned me off to ever reading any of their work again.
Cap and Deadpool? Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum! LOL

Cap and Deadpool? Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum! LOL

Yeah, I know. Cap was my first comic book fascination as a kid. I still loved the character right up to their stupid "Death of Captain America" BS last year. Deadpool just tugs at that part of me where I could see myself being something like that in another lifetime. "Merc with a Mouth" is just such a perfect tagline for him.

I thought Superman was dead. Didn't he blow his brains out or did he die of stem cell deficiency?

This doesn't surprise me. Back in my youth I used to LOVE DC comics. I could never get into the Marvel Universe because nothing was ever consistant. The good guys were bad guys who were really good guys from some alternate universe. It just never made any sense to me. Whereas the DC comics (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc....) all had pretty solid, understandable, Good v Evil storylines. With the recent successes of Marvel based movies and the like, it was almost inevitable that DC would shake up its lineup. First the changes to Wonder Woman, which disgusted me and now this. I don't read any of the books seriously anymore, but this will keep me from reading ANYTHING that DC puts out if they go through with it. Just as Marvel's killing of Cap (one of only two Marvel characters I've ever liked... Deadpool being the other) turned me off to ever reading any of their work again.

Funny. I find the exact opposite is true. Marvel is consistant and DC is all over the place with all their parallel earths nonsense

Funny. I find the exact opposite is true. Marvel is consistant and DC is all over the place with all their parallel earths nonsense

Marvel is consistant.... IF you can follow 7 or 8 different books through 5 or 6 different storylines at the same time.

The DC parallel earth nonsense is a more recent thing and I agree it's stupid as hell. However, you rarely have to buy 3 or 4 different series to keep up on the same ongoing storyline, like you often seem to have to with Marvel.

Shouldn't he be called "superperson"? I doubt if he ever was a citizen. Can anyone offer proof that he was ever naturalized? Did he ever produce a birth certificate from Kripton?

Marvel is consistant.... IF you can follow 7 or 8 different books through 5 or 6 different storylines at the same time.

The DC parallel earth nonsense is a more recent thing and I agree it's stupid as hell. However, you rarely have to buy 3 or 4 different series to keep up on the same ongoing storyline, like you often seem to have to with Marvel.

Dang! That sounds like an excellent marketing gimmick by Marvel. I don't read comics, but it seems like a hell of a good idea for boosting sales.

Immie

Did Lois Lane ever need surgery after having rough sex with Superman?

Think about it. He always has to control himself to keep from hurting people by accident. So how the hell does he not, literally, screw LL's brains out?

Okay Tea Cups!!! Time to get your tempest going :eek:

Superman to renounce U.S. Citizenship.

Hey, who gives a fuck? What kinda dweeb reads comic books?

Whatever.
:::: Raises hand :::: I love comics... though I don't buy them anymore. They're nuts if I'm going to pay 5 bucks for a comic. I'll get a compilation or graphic novel.

NEEERRRRRRRDDDDD!!!!!!!! and proud of it!

12 issues by subscription for $21.00 thats less than a buck an issue. Marvel.com

Hey, who gives a fuck? What kinda dweeb reads comic books?

Whatever.
:::: Raises hand :::: I love comics... though I don't buy them anymore. They're nuts if I'm going to pay 5 bucks for a comic. I'll get a compilation or graphic novel.

NEEERRRRRRRDDDDD!!!!!!!! and proud of it!

12 issues by subscription for $21.00 thats less than a buck an issue. Marvel.com

Psst! Check your math, that is $1.75 an issue.

Immie

I don't know why conservatives are bent, eight years of Bush didn't inspire Kal-El to renounce his U.S. citizenship, for that he needed Obama...

Forum List

Back