Summer of Recovery huh? Economy Caught in Depression, Not Recession

My report? I didn't post any report ma'am. I'm just wondering how you get any information about incomes out of PCE data.

Sorry, thought I was replying to topspin.

However, the answer is the same.

But you haven't answered the question: How do you get income information out of PCE data?

And FWIW, national income is up about 9% in the past 3 quarters.

What are you talking about. I didn't post the numbers, topsin did.

I simply noted where the words DECREASE was and REVISED DOWNWARD were in his posted report.

That prices would go down as well hardly proves a better economy.

I made $128,000 last year in Salary and a few grand in capital gains. That is way up from 08 and 9 of 10 coworkers in the same boat. Granted nearly everybody in large oil companies has at least one degree. TeapartyGED will call that elitist. LOL

Apparently, an "intelligent discussion" with a liberal is, when you challenge their lies, they go into a vitriolic rant attacking you personally.

Yes, sooooooooooo intelligent liberals.

No wonder you can't discuss the actual economy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And anyone that disagrees with you is labeled a liberal.
I was voting Republican before you were born.

I've noticed over the years that some who call others liberal voted Democrat at one time and wouldn't know what "conservative" was if it bit them square in the ass.:lol:

That wouldn't be me!

But then I wouldn't vote for someone who has a liberal foreign policy that is no different from the radical left and call it "true conservatism."

;)

GDP going up is a better economy, but if income is only going up slightly it obviously helps purchasing power if land, houses, clothes, shoes, electronics are cheaper.

This is a depression:

Depression

This is not:

1514214305081937016S600x600Q85.jpg

See the difference?

poor people are funny

...and a good thing they do. They are pretty smart after awhile too. The liberal elite are about to learn that the hard way.

Income fluxuations have zero to do with political parties. The rich control our economy, period, end of story.

Read it and weep:

August 2, 2010, 11:10 AM ET
Do the Rich Need the Rest of America?

Late last year, the U.S. economy experienced a surprising decoupling.

As stocks boomed, the wealthy bounced back. And while the Main Street economy was wracked by high unemployment and the real-estate crash, the wealthy–whose financial fates were more tied to capital markets than jobs and houses– picked themselves up, brushed themselves off and started buying luxury goods again.

Seeking their fortunes elsewhere? Who knows what the next few months and years will bring. But one thing seems clear: the economic fate of Richistan seems increasingly separate from the fate of the U.S.

Some argue that the decoupling has gone even further. Michael Lind, a policy director for the Economic Growth Program at the New American Foundation, argues in Salon that the American rich no longer need the rest of America.

He says the wealthy increasingly earn their fortunes with overseas labor, selling to overseas consumers and managing financial transactions that have little to do with the rest of the U.S. “A member of the elite can make money from factories in China that sell to consumers in India, while relying entirely or almost entirely on immigrant servants at one of several homes around the country.”

He adds:

If the American rich increasingly do not depend for their wealth on American workers and American consumers or for their safety on American soldiers or police officers, then it is hardly surprising that so many of them should be so hostile to paying taxes to support the infrastructure and the social programs that help the majority of the American people. The rich don’t need the rest anymore.

Some would argue this is a vast overstatement. The U.S. remains the largest consumer market in the world and still matters to Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Lloyd Blankfein alike. The American wealthy benefit greatly from the country’s legal system and business transparency, not to mention its armed forces.

Yet the increasingly global elite do seem to be forming something of their own financial culture, unattached to any single nation or set of rules, and increasingly free to move their money and resources (and tax dollars) wherever they are treated best.

Rather than having a second home in Richistan, an increasing number of rich people seem to be moving their money there full time.

Do the Rich Need the Rest of America? - The Wealth Report - WSJ

incomes are and have been rising
Prices on Houses are way down, cars and most big ticket items have to be discounted to be sold.

The economy is not even strong, but it's growing and those with the rising incomes are seeing thier purchasing power rise.

Either provide a link or stop making the completely false claim that incomes Are rising. Private sector incomes are not keeping up with inflation.

You are a liar.

And anyone that disagrees with you is labeled a liberal.
I was voting Republican before you were born.

I've noticed over the years that some who call others liberal voted Democrat at one time and wouldn't know what "conservative" was if it bit them square in the ass.:lol:

That wouldn't be me!

But then I wouldn't vote for someone who has a liberal foreign policy that is no different from the radical left and call it "true conservatism."

;)

Neo conservatism is as liberal as "Obamacare".:funnyface:

cheering Bush for bombing innocents after 9/11 is where teapartyGED is. That's why Mcfossil lost.

Oh man! You really lost the argument haven't you?

You have abandoned your oh sooooooooooo "educated" position of numbers only prove I'm right to go on about Iraq.

Oh man, feel the burn.

Try that argument and see if it gets your liberals re-elected in November.

I am rich and proud of the control the investor class has. Thanks for pointing it out.

incomes are and have been rising
Prices on Houses are way down, cars and most big ticket items have to be discounted to be sold.

The economy is not even strong, but it's growing and those with the rising incomes are seeing thier purchasing power rise.

Either provide a link or stop making the completely false claim that incomes Are rising. Private sector incomes are not keeping up with inflation.

You are a liar.

your poor and a clown, I posted the gov numbers already. Stop spinning weakling.

I made $128,000 last year in Salary and a few grand in capital gains. That is way up from 08 and 9 of 10 coworkers in the same boat. Granted nearly everybody in large oil companies has at least one degree. TeapartyGED will call that elitist. LOL

Um, no Obama will call that RICH! Better watch out!

Some depression.
Long Horn and Olive Garden are a 45 minute wait every Friday and Saturday night here. My son comes home from college and makes a grand a week waiting tables.
You people do not have a damn clue what a depression is.

Get this!

Some elite is doing fine!

Can't be a depression. I'm sure the rich said the same in the 30s..

Say you're not rich? Guess again!!!! Obama says you're rich if you make 250K and in some speeches it was 100K.

He'll get down to your income as the economy goes further and further South.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, right Moe.
The elite eat at Olive Garden. Meals starting at $7.

GDP going up is a better economy, but if income is only going up slightly it obviously helps purchasing power if land, houses, clothes, shoes, electronics are cheaper.

Topspin, keep lying.

Your own numbers didn't back you up.

I gave you the income showing up stay at home ditz.
LOFL

YEAH! Decrease, decrease, decrease, revised downward, etc etc etc.

This makes Obama look good?

:lol::lol:

What would you like Obama to do about it? Mandate wage scales? Order businesses to start hiring again? What would a President Palin or President Gingrich do about it if the economy continues to tank or even remains flat?

Criticism abounds because it's easy. Solutions not so much.

That wouldn't be me!

;)

Neo conservatism is as liberal as "Obamacare".:funnyface:

Yeah right. That's why the "neo conservatives" are against both Obama care and the radical left and Pat Buchanan's hate of Israel.

I am rich and proud of the control the investor class has. Thanks for pointing it out.

And this is the guy who cares soooooooooo for the poor, he tells them they are really better off under Obama, regardless of the reality.

Forum List

Back