Summer of Recovery huh? Economy Caught in Depression, Not Recession

My personal opinion is that it didn't "work" because there was (and is) so much anti-Obama sentiment period. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he had done NOTHING and the economy continued to sour (which it would have), guess who would have been to blame? Obama.

And I beg to differ that "economists" predicted stimulus wouldn't work. Most still agree that it has, or at least would have made things worse absent any stimulus program, except of course, those hired by the hard right.

That is the rub now that government has gotten so far involved with the economy, to blame Obama OR Bush is simply wrong;imho; I blame government intervention and "We the People" for getting so beholden to the concept of government involvement, now, all I see is two parties :meow: and blaming each other, someone is indeed fiddling while America is burning; figuratively speaking of course.

So wouldn't the first step logically be to stop :meow: and find some modicum of compromise?

Can the compromise be toward LESS government for a change since all compromise has done for generations is INCREASE government, how do we rectify that when now;that government has gotten so involved; when the two are so diametrically opposed?:eusa_eh:

Not trying to be a smart ass here or anything:tongue:

you are an uneducated moron. And I'll gladly place my investment portfolio and education vs yours. Oh wait, you thought high school was enough. LOFL

Was what I posted untrue?

Also I was making $75/hr when I quit working and also had a successful business on the side that I sold to my employees. And I was attending tech school when drafted and finished my tech education when I got back from Nam.
I will pass on over 1 million in net worth to my estate.

How is your tennis game?

toppy was one of those I was speaking of who said the economy would rebound in 3rd quarted 2008 or 1st quarter 2009. He Kept talking about how could things be bad the mall parking lots were full.

He has been wrong all along on the economy.

What I find most intriguing is the vast chasm between priorities. Not too long ago, tens of thousands either stood in line across the country or pre-ordered the new I-Phone 4, yet in a few short weeks thereafter, over 400,000 people jammed a gymnasium in Georgia just to pick up an application for Section 8 housing. Just who am I supposed to feel sorry for? The people who choose to spend their money on stupid shit and then go on to complain about the lack of jobs, or the people who can't afford a roof over their heads which has tripled as a result of the housing crisis?

4,000 not 400,000 applied for Section 8 here.
And it was a damn riot.

A mental discharge????

0bama denies we still have a seriously deepeing recession. You do the math.

That's because despite Conservatarian dreams, we DON'T still have a seriously deepening recession. We have an economy that is about 9% larger than it was a year ago, we are no longer shedding 800K jobs and the financial system is seriously impaired but stable.

I thought you couldn't partially quote a post. Tell your little fantasy to the newly unemployed at a rate of 400,000+ per month. Conservatarian, is that someone who always cleans his plate?

400,000 newly unemployed per month? I hope you're not attempting to use weekly jobless claims as monthly employment estimates. In the last 6 months, 500,000 privates sector jobs have been created while the economy has expanded.

That is the rub now that government has gotten so far involved with the economy, to blame Obama OR Bush is simply wrong;imho; I blame government intervention and "We the People" for getting so beholden to the concept of government involvement, now, all I see is two parties :meow: and blaming each other, someone is indeed fiddling while America is burning; figuratively speaking of course.

So wouldn't the first step logically be to stop :meow: and find some modicum of compromise?

Can the compromise be toward LESS government for a change since all compromise has done for generations is INCREASE government, how do we rectify that when now;that government has gotten so involved; when the two are so diametrically opposed?:eusa_eh:

Not trying to be a smart ass here or anything:tongue:

There was tremendous compromise between Clinton and Gingrich. Welfare to Work is probably the most significant. But both sides need to TALK TO EACH OTHER rather than yell at each other and point fingers.

you are an uneducated moron. And I'll gladly place my investment portfolio and education vs yours. Oh wait, you thought high school was enough. LOFL

Also I was making $75/hr when I quit working and also had a successful business on the side that I sold to my employees. And I was attending tech school when drafted and finished my tech education when I got back from Nam.

How is your tennis game?

Make sure you put it in trusts to avoid probate.

How is your tennis game?

Make sure you put it in trusts to avoid probate.

done and done.
all in trusts. College trusts for the grandchildren.
a tidy little lump for the son, but I expect him to earn his way in life not just blow dads money and be broke.

The house and farm is held in inperpetutity or some term like that.
The family can reside here but not sell or borrow against it.
Farm is already paid for so the trust will take care of taxes and basic upkeep.

I am technically just a tenant now :)

Last edited:
I am out of touch with you poor people, teapartyged is talking about a depression. I see GDP (the overall barometer of the economy) growing. But hey, I'm investor class. 9 out of 10 people I work with a millionaires with more than I have. I know one guy from the tennis club that sold 1 of 2 businesses and the other went under. Louisiana's economy has faired better as has Texas's in the recession because our housing never got crazy.

Real growth of Greece rose 2.9% last year, and 4% year before. It's shrinking this year due to cuts in government salaries. Btw, their unemployment rate is almost 1% lover then ours.

incomes are and have been rising
Prices on Houses are way down, cars and most big ticket items have to be discounted to be sold.

The economy is not even strong, but it's growing and those with the rising incomes are seeing thier purchasing power rise.

The value of homes is going down....but the price of everything else is going up.

Rising incomes....where the hell did you get that from?

Incomes are going down because less people have jobs. Those that still have them are taking pay cuts.

toppy was one of those I was speaking of who said the economy would rebound in 3rd quarted 2008 or 1st quarter 2009. He Kept talking about how could things be bad the mall parking lots were full.

He has been wrong all along on the economy.

What I find most intriguing is the vast chasm between priorities. Not too long ago, tens of thousands either stood in line across the country or pre-ordered the new I-Phone 4, yet in a few short weeks thereafter, over 400,000 people jammed a gymnasium in Georgia just to pick up an application for Section 8 housing. Just who am I supposed to feel sorry for? The people who choose to spend their money on stupid shit and then go on to complain about the lack of jobs, or the people who can't afford a roof over their heads which has tripled as a result of the housing crisis?

4,000 not 400,000 applied for Section 8 here.
And it was a damn riot.

That must have been a really big gym.

Where was that btw?

Forum List

Back