SubpoenOWNED

like I said... you post an article from the UK...I post an article from the Maine Public Utilities Commission website...

which one should americans put more credibility in?

If they read how the offsets are a ripoff to make libs feel better, and they do NOT accomplish nothing - they will see libs are playing them for fools

If they read how the offsets are a ripoff to make libs feel better, and they do NOT accomplish nothing - they will see libs are playing them for fools

certificates do not work that way in Maine...and they do not work that way in Tennessee. They MAY work that way in the UK, but that really isn't the focus of our discussion, is it?

certificates do not work that way in Maine...and they do not work that way in Tennessee. They MAY work that way in the UK, but that really isn't the focus of our discussion, is it?

It shows who they aork and they do nothing

Then we this liberal failure

Another great example is a Dutch company that promised its suckers - er, customers, they would plant trees in Uganda and they would have a 99 year life span

However small problems like land disputes, and trees that have been chopped down by people living in the area have put that program on the dustbin of history

What idiot would invest in this scam - OK Al Gore and other tree huggers

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache...lant+trees+in+uganda&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

why do you talk about dutch companies? Why do you talk about Uganda? I gave you a link to a site that explains how they work here in America.... why don't you go read that site...and then use your own words to dispute it?

I'll wait.

why do you talk about dutch companies? Why do you talk about Uganda? I gave you a link to a site that explains how they work here in America.... why don't you go read that site...and then use your own words to dispute it?

I'll wait.

Shock: "Carbon Offsets" A Shabby Fraud
Oscar bags contained 10,000 pounds worth of supposed carbon offsets.

From where is this carbon being offset?

Well, for a real offset, you'd have to pay someone to do something he otherwise would not do (such as fill a lot of his land with trees he otherwise would not have planted), or pay someone not to do something they otherwise would have done (such as not fly on chartered private jets).

But it seems these supposed "offsets" are coming from people doing things they were already doing -- for example, TerraPass is selling "reduced methane" emissions in its garbage dumps, despite the fact they were already reducing methane before the sale of "carbon offsets."

Thus, you're not paying somoeone to generate less "greenhouse gases." You're paying someone to continue generating the same levels of greenhouse gases they were before you paid them.

It's absurd, but what Al Gore and his Hollywood nitwits are doing, basically, is paying me not to fly on private Gulfstream jets. Well, see, I already wasn't flying on them. Paying me not to fly on them does pad my pocket a bit, but it doesn't reduce carbon dioxide emissions, because I already wasn't flying on them.

Carbon offsets are not carbon offsets at all. They're hypocrisy offsets at best.

And, of course, they're really just indulgences for the Church of Gaia.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/219405.php

I say again:

I'll wait.

in Maine, green power only costs about 3.5 cents more per kilowatt. Well worth it to do my part. AL Gore does the same in Tennessee.

no green electricity does not impact the environment at all. that is the kind of electricity I use at home and Al Gore does as well.

With your carbon offsets you are paying someone else to reduce their "impact" on the enviroment in the future

NOTHING is done today

It is feel good scam created by the left

As far as Uncles Al's house............

Got this gem in an email

House 1:

The four-bedroom home was planned so that "every room has a
relationship with something in the landscape that's different
from the room next door. Each of the rooms feels like a slightly different place."

The resulting single-story house is a paragon of environmental
planning. The passive-solar house is built of honey-colored
native limestone and positioned to absorb winter sunlight,
warming the interior walkways and walls of the
4,000-square-foot residence. Geothermal heat pumps circulate
water through pipes buried 300 feet deep in the ground. These
waters pass through a heat exchange system that keeps the home
warm in winter and cool in summer. A 25,000-gallon underground
cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof urns; wastewater
from sinks, toilets, and showers cascades into underground
purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water
from the cistern is then used to irrigate the landscaping around
the four-bedroom home, (which) uses indigenous grasses, shrubs, and
flowers to complete the exterior treatment of the home.

In addition to its minimal environmental impact, the look and layout
of the house reflect one of the paramount priorities: relaxation. A
spacious 10-foot porch wraps completely around the residence and beckons
the family outdoors. With few hallways to speak of, family and
guests make their way from room to room either directly or by
way of the porch. "The house doesn't hold you in. Where the
porch ends there is grass. There is no step-up at all."

This house consumes 25% of the energy of an average American
home.
(Source: Cowboys and Indians Magazine, Oct. 2002 and Chicago
Tribune April 2001.)

House 2:

This 20-room, 8-bathroom house consumes more electricity every
month than the average American household uses in an entire year. The
average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per
year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, this house
devoured nearly 221,000 kWh, more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, the house burned through 22,619 kWh,
guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than
an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result
of this energy consumption, the average monthly electric bill topped
$1,359.

Also, natural gas bills for this house and guest house averaged
$1,080 per month last year. In total, this house had nearly
$30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for 2006.

(Source: just about anywhere in the news last month online and
on talk radio, but barely on TV.)

House 1 belongs to George and Laura Bush, and is in Crawford,
Texas.

House 2 belongs to Al and Tipper Gore, and is in Nashville,
Tennessee.

j/c but what do you and al use to generate power?

my power provider uses primarily wind power and some hydro...they are getting ready to bring some additional biomass generation and are exploring solar and geothermal. thanks for asking

Whos'e talking about surrender?
No one. It's a talking point. The end result is the same sans us dusting off the Missouri and inviting Bin Laden et al aboard.
Not Democrats.

They're just giving Bush a reasonable timeline in order to demonstrate that his latest plan has worked. Nothing wrong with that unless of course it scares the Bushies to think they actually might be held accountable for something on some specific date.
Problem with that is that Congress is not the Commander in Chief. Nor are they commanders in the field. They get the option of funding, or not. IF they truly hold the antiwar convictions dear they will have some balls and simply vote to defund. The fact that they don't speaks volumes.

Of course they would rather have a blank check to continue their failures on into perpetuity with no one asking questions or expecting any measurable signs of success. Those days are over. Congressional Dems are shining the light of scrutiny and oversight on this whole mess and the Bush administration, like cockroaches, is scurrying for cover.
Congressional Dems are shining the light of scrutiny ..... puhleeese, can you be anymore over dramatic? No pol of any party truly embraces accountability. I thought that was made clear long ago.

Hence these derogatory catchphrases like "surrender at all costs bill."
Pure spin. OF course the "Bush is vetoing the troops" tirade is also spin.
It's called accountability and it's something that cons should get used to from now on.
Great comment. Change "cons" to "pols" and we would be on the same team

Establish a clear mission. Eliminate the ROES that don't allow completion of the clear mission. Buy whatever it takes and apply as needed around the world.

my power provider uses primarily wind power and some hydro...they are getting ready to bring some additional biomass generation and are exploring solar and geothermal. thanks for asking

And you don't have trouble with peak-load or spike-loads?

A friend in Costa Rica had a house built with SOTA solar power. Grids on the ceiling, passive water heater, columns designed to soak in the sun and radiate heat to the interior at night etc.

He hates it. Constantly has to watch what is on. Consistently has to balance the dishwasher against the Television sort of thing.

Solar seems a fine passive device, but until we ramp up rectenna tech it won't git-r-dun.

Wind is big in my part of Texas (since Oklahoma blows and Mexico sucks) and there are several multithousand acre wind farms. Most of the power actually goes to Dallas & Austin (where they barely make a dent).

Reasonably safe, Comparitavely cheap, plentiful,,,,,,, Go Nuclear.

And you don't have trouble with peak-load or spike-loads?

A friend in Costa Rica had a house built with SOTA solar power. Grids on the ceiling, passive water heater, columns designed to soak in the sun and radiate heat to the interior at night etc.

He hates it. Constantly has to watch what is on. Consistently has to balance the dishwasher against the Television sort of thing.

Solar seems a fine passive device, but until we ramp up rectenna tech it won't git-r-dun.

Wind is big in my part of Texas (since Oklahoma blows and Mexico sucks) and there are several multithousand acre wind farms. Most of the power actually goes to Dallas & Austin (where they barely make a dent).

Reasonably safe, Comparitavely cheap, plentiful,,,,,,, Go Nuclear.

Just like the electric car. They are awful and people hate them

Forum List

Back