Gore Refuses to take The Pledge

Discussion in 'Politics' started by boedicca, Mar 21, 2007.

1. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,764
    In his Oscar Winning Docu-Drama, "An Inconvenient Truth", Al Gore asks people if they are willing to change they way they live. Apparently, he is not. He refused to take the pledge:

As a believer:
    · that human-caused global warming is a moral, ethical, and spiritual issue affecting our survival;

· that home energy use is a key component of overall energy use;

· that reducing my fossil fuel-based home energy usage will lead to lower greenhouse gas emissions; and

· that leaders on moral issues should lead by example;

I pledge to consume no more energy for use in my residence than the average American household by March 21, 2008.

I am not at all surprised. The Goracle is just another case of "Do as I say, not as I do". If this really were a "Planetary Emergency", he should have to be asked.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index....ecord_id=7616011f-802a-23ad-435e-887baa7069ca

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Could it be because their is no conclusive evidence of man made global warming, and he knows it?

I had an interesting thought about this the other night as well. Doesn't it strike anybody as odd that the person at the forefront of the man made global warming debate is not a scientist?

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Do you mean that is possible? :shock:

4. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    ummm yeah they answer to both of my semi-rhetorical questions is, 'yes'

5. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Who asked him to take the pledge? and did he give an answer as to why he wouldn't?

6. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    could it be that if one pays the premium for green power that does NOT hasten global warming, that they need not feel guilty about using such power and should not feel the need to use less of it?

7. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Sen. Jim Inhofe (R - SURPRISE!) tried to upstage Gore with this pledge crap...

If Sen. Inhofe will pledge to accept no more pork than the average Senator... he'd have a leg to stand on.

Nice grandstanding Senator... Sean Hannity loved your little stunt and went on and on about it... which is the kind of crowd you were playing to.

8. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    jasen...don't look now...but you haven't addressed the issue of why Gore isn't "practicing what he preaches" and leapt headfirst into attacking people on issues that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Inhofe may pile more pork into bills than a butcher - but it has nothing to do with Gore telling all of us to change how we live as soon as possible while he doesn't seem to think that the same rules should apply to him.

If he was so positively convinced that global warming is going to end civilization as we know it...don't you think he'd be the first one making drastic changes to his life? If you KNEW for a fact that people wearing blue t-shirts would DESTROY civilization as you knew it...would you run around screaming for all of us to throw away our blue t-shirts while you kept 40 of them hanging in your closet? Or would you make sure that you were doing all you could to stave off catastrophe by changing what you could yourself first...if nothing more than a positive example to others?

I may think that Ed Begley, Jr. is a nutbag...but at least he's practicing what he preaches.

9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

he is practicing what he preaches...he is using green power. green power does not contribute to global warming..whether you use 10 KW or 20 MW

10. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Amazing that Gore can use all that energy and its all green...thats truly wonderful.