Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

New BS GOP Conservatives aren't especially stupid, just careless, brainwashed thru bs RW media and fellow hater dupe rednecks, FUNCTIONAL morons. They are slowly disappearing thru death and thru gaining knowledge in the age of information. see sig

But really, what kind of idiot do you take me for? When you read the study, it uses words like "conservatives" and "conservative" not "ultra-conservatives."

Actually I DO take you for a kind of idiot......All you've proven is that the study states that conservatives may be DUMB......so, postulate....what does that make an ULTRA conservative?
Conservatives are not unintelligent. This liberal fake IQ thing has been going around for a long time.

The fact that you believe it makes one think you lack the cognitive skills to react with intellect rather than partisan emotion.

OK. Misty....as I stated, I DO NOT believe that ALL conservatives are stupid.....However, my usual questions to determine "intellect" from either ends of the partisan divide are these:

1. Do you believe that the earth is a mere 6,000 years old?
2. Do you believe that humans have contributed to global warming and human should mitigate the warming effects?

The above is how I determine one's intellectual and cognitive capacities in the modern political spectrum.

Last edited:
In light of the right wingers' anger in the SCOTUS' recent decisions, here's a possible explanation. NOTE: I DO NOT believe that all right wingers have low IQs, but I DO believe that most people with low IQs tend to be ultra conservatives.

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes. The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

I.Q., a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists. Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told
LiveScience.

Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added.

Dr. Brian Nosek, a University of Virginia psychologist, echoed those sentiments. "Reality is complicated and messy. Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

Oh, a story out of the UK that was debunked 20 years ago.

How clever you Communists are with your hate....

LOL,

So living in the ghetto, living around people that kill at 10 times per capita and ignoring stats = intelligence.

lol!!!!

Having a strong family = being stupid
Staying with your children = being stupid
Being around sane and good people = being stupid.

This study is stupid.

The "study" is a fraud - and was shown such 20 years ago when released.

One must remember that the left are nothing more than demagogues. Following the methods of Josef Goebbels and Pol Pot, the American democrats offer nothing more than slander and libel. Bereft of any sort of message, gnat4900 and the other drones of the leftist hate machine seek to demonize the opposition through outright lies, half-truths, and innuendo.

LOL,

So living in the ghetto, living around people that kill at 10 times per capita and ignoring stats = intelligence.

lol!!!!

This study is stupid.

One must remember that the left are nothing more than demagogues. Following the methods of Josef Goebbels and Pol Pot, the American democrats offer nothing more than slander and libel. Bereft of any sort of message, gnat4900 and the other drones of the leftist hate machine seek to demonize the opposition through outright lies, half-truths, and innuendo.

Look, nitiwit, IF you're not a racist or full-to-the-brim prejudiced, then you have nothing to worry about.....BTW, the study was Canadian NOT UK.

LOL,

lol!!!!

This study is stupid.

Look, nitiwit, IF you're not a racist or full-to-the-brim prejudiced, then you have nothing to worry about.....BTW, the study was Canadian NOT UK.
He is a feral racist. Dont expect much in the way of intelligence or education from him. He thought Vancouver was in europe instead of the US and Canada.

In light of the right wingers' anger in the SCOTUS' recent decisions, here's a possible explanation. NOTE: I DO NOT believe that all right wingers have low IQs, but I DO believe that most people with low IQs tend to be ultra conservatives.

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes. The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

I.Q., a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists. Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told
LiveScience.

Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added.

Dr. Brian Nosek, a University of Virginia psychologist, echoed those sentiments. "Reality is complicated and messy. Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

It's more important to be RIGHT than to be SMART.
What I mean is, if you believe in God and have blind faith because you lack knowledge or intellect, you are better off for it.

I'd rather have salvation, peace and blessed assurance than a extraordinary intellect. (Of course, I'd prefer to have both!) :)

LiveScience.

Most blacks should therefore be a Republican? This study is seriously fucked up.

What you are is a demagogue - you smear those who your filthy party has marked as enemy. Regardless of how many times the slander you scumbags post is debunked, some moron drone like you will be sure to post it again, and again, and again.

We get it, Soros does your thinking for you. We get it, you've never had a thought and let the hatred you gain from the Soros sites fill the void between your ears.

George Soros: A Pol Pot for a new generation of mindless fools.

What you are is a demagogue - you smear those who your filthy party has marked as enemy. Regardless of how many times the slander you scumbags post is debunked, some moron drone like you will be sure to post it again, and again, and again.

We get it, Soros does your thinking for you. We get it, you've never had a thought and let the hatred you gain from the Soros sites fill the void between your ears.

George Soros: A Pol Pot for a new generation of mindless fools.

Glad you got that out of your system....Now, flush and wash your hands.

Glad you got that out of your system....Now, flush and wash your hands.

Serious question, have you EVER posted anything that didn't originate as a hate meme from the Soros sites?

I find it amusing that you should post about intelligence, given that there is zero evidence that you have ever formulated a thought.

Serious question, have you EVER posted anything that didn't originate as a hate meme from the Soros sites?

I find it amusing that you should post about intelligence, given that there is zero evidence that you have ever formulated a thought.

Well, I had to look up as who the heck Soros was...so you're somewhat "correct" about my personal political savviness.

Sure you did, Sploogy - and you've never been to any of the hate sites, despite your posting links to ThinkProgress and KOS,,,,

I believe you, gnat....

Well, ask me if I care that you don't believe me.....and, btw, the study was from a university in Ontario, Canada (a few thousands miles from the UK as you claim.....but, to your credit.....within the same planet)......AND, the study is about 3 years old and not 20.

This is how they start out folks. They will tell you, you are stupid, then they will suggest you must be placed somewhere where you can be studied, and kept from the outside world where you can be safe, and others are not subjected to the danger you exhibit.

This article could have been written by Dr Mangele.

[

Well, I had to look up as who the heck Soros was...so you're somewhat "correct" about my personal political savviness.

Sure you did, Sploogy - and you've never been to any of the hate sites, despite your posting links to ThinkProgress and KOS,,,,

I believe you, gnat....
No one asked if you believed. Why do you think you hold any relevance? You get lost on simple geography. :laugh:

This is how they start out folks. They will tell you, you are stupid, then they will suggest you must be placed somewhere where you can be studied, and kept from the outside world where you can be safe, and others are not subjected to the danger you exhibit.

This article could have been written by Dr Mangele.

You may be correct....Can't trust those Canadian academics; heck, they could be pounding at your door in the middle of the night and swoop you away to the middle of the Yukon.

Disagree. White people came up with the concept of IQ tests specifically to try and pretend they were smarter than everyone else.

Ugh, no. That you're view is based on misunderstandings of 150 year old rejected philosophies of men unqualified for the subject in the first place makes any further discussion with you on this matter unworthy of my time or effort.
History disagrees with you but we will agree to disagree.

No, you just don't seem to understand the history. What you are trying to invoke is not part of the scientific history of evaluating human intelligence. What you are talking about were hypothesized ideas proposed by philosophers like Kant and Hume. These were not men who were even qualified on the matter, nor did they even try to study or test their hypotheses. To draw conclusions about modern day IQ testing and scientific study of human intelligence based on that is ridiculous, to say the least.

The history of IQ testing and its relation to eugenics and segregation is documented.

The history of box cars and their relation to genocide is also proven.The tool is not responsible for the malicious use of it's operator.

Forum List

Back