Study: Homophobic individuals more likely to be closet homosexuals.

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Can't say these results are surprising:

Homophobes Might Be Secretly Attracted To People Of The Same Sex - International Business Times

Researchers found that homophobic people are actually attracted to the same sex. They claim that these individuals risk losing the love and approval of their parents if they admit to same sex attractions, so many people deny or repress that part of them.

"In a predominately heterosexual society, 'know thyself' can be a challenge for many gay individuals. But in controlling and homophobic homes, embracing a minority sexual orientation can be terrifying," said Weinstein.

The research also sheds light on high profile cases in which anti-gay public figures are caught engaging in same-sex sexual acts. The authors write that this dynamic of inner conflict may be reflected in such examples as Ted Haggard, the evangelical preacher who opposed gay marriage but was exposed in a gay sex scandal in 2006, and Glenn Murphy, Jr, former chairman of the Young Republican National Federation and vocal opponent of gay marriage, who was accused of sexually assaulting a 22-year-old man in 2007.

"This study shows that if you are feeling that kind of visceral reaction to an out-group, ask yourself, 'Why?'" says William Ryan, professor at the University of California in Santa Barbara. "Those intense emotions should serve as a call to self-reflection."

Discuss.

So i take it that you are going to use this to label anyone you like as homophobic and try to claim all of them are closet homosexuals rather than deal with arguments as has been done previously?

And you people say my threads are stupid. LOL

I do not see the connection myself.......................................those that dislike gay Americans may do so for many reasons, all WRONG.

The flaw here is people can oppose homosexual behavior and public policy without disliking gay Americans at all.

The idea that those who oppose homosexual policy is because they are afraid of homosexuals is fatally flawed to begin with. It's untrue.

I like to encourage positive behavior. Not negative behavior.

Homophobes Might Be Secretly Attracted To People Of The Same Sex - International Business Times

Researchers found that homophobic people are actually attracted to the same sex. They claim that these individuals risk losing the love and approval of their parents if they admit to same sex attractions, so many people deny or repress that part of them.

"In a predominately heterosexual society, 'know thyself' can be a challenge for many gay individuals. But in controlling and homophobic homes, embracing a minority sexual orientation can be terrifying," said Weinstein.

The research also sheds light on high profile cases in which anti-gay public figures are caught engaging in same-sex sexual acts. The authors write that this dynamic of inner conflict may be reflected in such examples as Ted Haggard, the evangelical preacher who opposed gay marriage but was exposed in a gay sex scandal in 2006, and Glenn Murphy, Jr, former chairman of the Young Republican National Federation and vocal opponent of gay marriage, who was accused of sexually assaulting a 22-year-old man in 2007.

"This study shows that if you are feeling that kind of visceral reaction to an out-group, ask yourself, 'Why?'" says William Ryan, professor at the University of California in Santa Barbara. "Those intense emotions should serve as a call to self-reflection."

Discuss.

Already a fucking thread on this, and it ISN'T POLITICAL... DUMBASS...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/216939-homophobes-people-against-gay-rights.html

I do not see the connection myself.......................................those that dislike gay Americans may do so for many reasons, all WRONG.

The flaw here is people can oppose homosexual behavior and public policy without disliking gay Americans at all.

The idea that those who oppose homosexual policy is because they are afraid of homosexuals is fatally flawed to begin with. It's untrue.

I guess, but America must be a nation of laws, not individuals; thus, the rights, and privileges, of all Americans should be the same.

Discuss.

Already a fucking thread on this, and it ISN'T POLITICAL... DUMBASS...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/216939-homophobes-people-against-gay-rights.html

Homophobia is entirely political because it's been made political from centuries of oppression of homosexuals through political channels. Even today, it remains a big problem.

Homophobia is entirely political because it's been made political from centuries of oppression of homosexuals through political channels. Even today, it remains a big problem.
Bull shit. It's health and lifestyle.

Not to mention this article is nothing more than a homo hack piece asuming those who don't think homos are all warm and fuzzy must be closet homos themselves. What a total load of horse shit. The old SWITCHEROO.... "if you don't like homos, then you must be one"... stupid beyond comprehension. The lengths to which the homo community won't go through to silence anyone who voices opposition to their perversion. It's just as disgusting as their illness.

Last edited:

A HUGE problem for a chunk of Americans. Equal rights and privileges isn't "popular" I gather.

I'm sorry, you can do what now?

So, you can be friends with gay folks, yet systematically deny them basic human rights?

That's interesting.

I didn't say anything about people who oppose "homosexual policy" (whatever that actually means), I simply posted a study that showed that people who oppose homosexuality in general are more likely to be closeted homosexuals.

And there are many, many examples of prominent figures on the right who oppose homosexuality, not "homosexual policy".

You know, the whole crowd that is trying to teach homosexuals to not be homosexual?

They don't just "dislike homosexual policy", they are clearly against homosexuality in general.

So, in other words,

Rick_Santorum_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

=

Liberace_Allan_Warren.jpg

So i take it that you are going to use this to label anyone you like as homophobic and try to claim all of them are closet homosexuals rather than deal with arguments as has been done previously?

That doesn't make any sense.

I was simply pointing out that the people who are most homophobic are more likely to be homosexuals themselves.

Why would that indicate a greater level of homophobia in the people I am holding a conversation with?

Glad this is out in the open. I agree it seems like common sense though. It's just your basic overcompensation.

If a guy is gay, but is so insecure he has to hide it, you gotta climb a mountain, grab a megaphone and shout as loud as you can how straight you are and how much gay ppl sicken you. When actually it has the opposite affect, kinda like the guy who brags about his income on the internet is almost surely typing from a keyboard in his moms basement.

It's pretty well known in the Gay community that the loudest and most insistant homophobes have a very high chance of being in the closet. An entire cottage industry of outing such people has been created to show the hypocrisy.

The Bible Belt is happy hunting grounds for those on the Down Low.

Not to mention this article is nothing more than a homo hack piece asuming those who don't think homos are all warm and fuzzy must be closet homos themselves. What a total load of horse shit. The old SWITCHEROO.... "if you don't like homos, then you must be one"... stupid beyond comprehension. The lengths to which the homo community won't go through to silence anyone who voices opposition to their perversion. It's just as disgusting as their illness.

You secretly crave cock, don't you? You're a regular Ted Haggard.

*points at Pale Rider. Exhibit A.

Many people simply disapprove of the lifestyle. Mostly for moral religious reasons. None the less this thread is as stupid as they come. Must be a slow news day huh

Forum List

Back