Study: Fox News brainwashing is hurting the Republican Party

So here we have another thread by one of the more prominent board spammers.

Fox gets to...maybe 3 million people who are republican (at most). That is about six percent of the GOP who voted in the last national election.

Billy knows it.....

Bartlett knows it...you won't find this number in his report either.

The whole thing is a sham.
Ok now you're just making numbers up.

You have exposed yourself as a liar.

You don't know what the numbers are (or are unwilling to share them) but you somehow know I am making stuff up.

You simply post this crapp to irritate people.

You are a fraud.
Answer the question with a number.
I don't get it. Why does it matter if I answer your question?

You seem willing to tout an article (a bad one at that) that claims Fox is bad for the GOP.

That means you must have some handle on the reach they have.

Or maybe you don't...and you just post articles like this because you are to lazy to do your own research and thinking.
Well if you knew anything about Fox you would know that they are the number one "news" station in the ratings.

How many people....pure and simple ?
You do know that those numbers change all the time right? It wouldn't matter what the current numbers are if the network is still at the top of the ratings now would it?

How does this make any sense ?

Are you assuming that everyone has to watch something.

If only 1,000 people out of 100,000,000 watch cable news and 80% watch Fox....Fox still has high ratings and yet still has no effective influence.

Here are the "made up" numbers.......

They are totally consistent with what people have been saying for years.

Cable News Ratings for Tuesday July 28 2015 - Ratings TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

Bartlett posted no numbers about the number of people Fox reaches......because he knows it is small.

I've watched Bartlett for years on other networks......he's bitter.

As to the article.....I know people who watch Fox are brainwashed. They watch to validate their own points of view.

They are small percentage of viewers.

You could make an argument if you could prove their influence.

But Bartlett fails in supporting his assertion.

Just to repeat:

I don't watch Fox News (and when I say that I mean I don't watch it regularly and I don't watch the same shows....I will watch something from time to time...just like I will watch MSNBC...but when my sandwich is gone.....the TV is off).

Fox gets to...maybe 3 million people who are republican (at most). That is about six percent of the GOP who voted in the last national election.

Billy knows it.....

You don't know what the numbers are (or are unwilling to share them) but you somehow know I am making stuff up.

You are a fraud.
I don't get it. Why does it matter if I answer your question?

You seem willing to tout an article (a bad one at that) that claims Fox is bad for the GOP.

Or maybe you don't...and you just post articles like this because you are to lazy to do your own research and thinking.
Well if you knew anything about Fox you would know that they are the number one "news" station in the ratings.

You do know that those numbers change all the time right? It wouldn't matter what the current numbers are if the network is still at the top of the ratings now would it?

If only 1,000 people out of 100,000,000 watch cable news and 80% watch Fox....Fox still has high ratings and yet still has no effective influence.

You're under this impression that his study is saying Fox makes or breaks an election. That isn't the point. The point is that Fox's influence still harms the Republican Party even if the scale is small.

Billy knows it.....

You are a fraud.

You're under this impression that his study is saying Fox makes or breaks an election. That isn't the point. The point is that Fox's influence still harms the Republican Party even if the scale is small.

First, let's get clear.....this isn't a study.

It is a commentary that pulls other studies in.

Second, it does not make the point it claims to make.

It does not show how FOX is hurting the GOP. All that blathering by others is just opining. They might be right...but, they are just guessing and can't support their conclusions.

Next...your OP pulls in a statement from Bartlett's article that says FOX is a kingmaker in GOP presidential primaries. If that isn't making or breaking an election....just what do you think is ?

BTW: I'll take your response to mean you accept the numbers I posted and are apologizing for saying I was making numbers up.

Accepted.

Billy knows it.....

You are a fraud.

It does not show how FOX is hurting the GOP. All that blathering by others is just opining. They might be right...but, they are just guessing and can't support their conclusions.

Next...your OP pulls in a statement from Bartlett's article that says FOX is a kingmaker in GOP presidential primaries. If that isn't making or breaking an election....just what do you think is ?

BTW: I'll take your response to mean you accept the numbers I posted and are apologizing for saying I was making numbers up.

Accepted.
Actually what it is is a review, but I will concede it is mostly commentary. However it is commentary built on objective evidence. In reference to the "king-maker", he is referring to how quickly hard right republicans' popularity in primaries fade. Fox focuses their propaganda on the top polling candidate and builds them up to be more than they actually are. These voters then become disenchanted by them and focus their support elsewhere.

Oh and your source says nothing about how many republicans watch Fox. That was still you making up numbers.

New Study Finds That Fox News Is Brainwashing Viewers And Hurting The Republican Party

Yep, a little objectivity is needed to show the rightwing their error in thinking.

although this arrangement unquestionably aids Republicans in winning elections and votes in Congress, it is not without its downsides. One is that Fox now exercises such powerful control over the GOP that it has become the party’s kingmaker in presidential primaries.56 Indeed, during the 2012 election cycle, a number of aspirants for the Republican nomination had been paid Fox commentators, including Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee. And woe to the Republican who runs afoul of Fox’s top brass or ignores their advice, as Mitt Romney did on one occasion in 2012. Fox is now so important in GOP primaries that candidates must put aside pressing campaign concerns when summoned to a Fox interview, where any error is magnified within the Republican bubble.

….

Another problem is that Republican voters get so much of their news from Fox, which cheerleads whatever their candidates are doing or saying, that they suffer from wishful thinking and fail to see that they may not be doing as well as they imagine, or that their ideas are not connecting
outside the narrow party base.

Bartlett’s conclusion is that the same attributes that make Fox a strong cable network are harming the Republican Party.

There is little doubt that the Republican Party is influenced by two interests. The corporations and conservative billionaires who fund their campaigns and Fox News. A Republican candidate can be made or broken by Fox News, but the network also pushes Republicans to an unelectable right-wing position in presidential elections.

Viewers have been brainwashed by a combination of misinformation and constant confirmation of their own biases. Fox News doesn’t “report” reality. The result is that millions of Fox News Republicans expect their candidates to carry out what they see on television, which has led to a party of non-reality based voters supporting delusional candidates.

The impact is felt on a broken legislative process where for one party there is no middle and opposing the President at all costs has become a path to political victory.

The conclusion is unmistakable. Fox News has not only broken journalism. The conservative news network is also destroying the Republican Party.

Now that's some funny ass shit right there,claiming others of being brain washed LOL!!

New Study Finds That Fox News Is Brainwashing Viewers And Hurting The Republican Party

Yep, a little objectivity is needed to show the rightwing their error in thinking.

although this arrangement unquestionably aids Republicans in winning elections and votes in Congress, it is not without its downsides. One is that Fox now exercises such powerful control over the GOP that it has become the party’s kingmaker in presidential primaries.56 Indeed, during the 2012 election cycle, a number of aspirants for the Republican nomination had been paid Fox commentators, including Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee. And woe to the Republican who runs afoul of Fox’s top brass or ignores their advice, as Mitt Romney did on one occasion in 2012. Fox is now so important in GOP primaries that candidates must put aside pressing campaign concerns when summoned to a Fox interview, where any error is magnified within the Republican bubble.

….

Another problem is that Republican voters get so much of their news from Fox, which cheerleads whatever their candidates are doing or saying, that they suffer from wishful thinking and fail to see that they may not be doing as well as they imagine, or that their ideas are not connecting
outside the narrow party base.

Bartlett’s conclusion is that the same attributes that make Fox a strong cable network are harming the Republican Party.

There is little doubt that the Republican Party is influenced by two interests. The corporations and conservative billionaires who fund their campaigns and Fox News. A Republican candidate can be made or broken by Fox News, but the network also pushes Republicans to an unelectable right-wing position in presidential elections.

Viewers have been brainwashed by a combination of misinformation and constant confirmation of their own biases. Fox News doesn’t “report” reality. The result is that millions of Fox News Republicans expect their candidates to carry out what they see on television, which has led to a party of non-reality based voters supporting delusional candidates.

The impact is felt on a broken legislative process where for one party there is no middle and opposing the President at all costs has become a path to political victory.

The conclusion is unmistakable. Fox News has not only broken journalism. The conservative news network is also destroying the Republican Party.

I love it when you left wing morons try to tell the right how to act, think and vote. Fucking idiot.

Billy knows it.....

You are a fraud.

Accepted.

Oh and your source says nothing about how many republicans watch Fox. That was still you making up numbers.

You can't read how many people watch each fox show and at what time ?

You need help.

Billy knows it.....

You are a fraud.

Accepted.
Actually what it is is a review, but I will concede it is mostly commentary. However it is commentary built on objective evidence. In reference to the "king-maker", he is referring to how quickly hard right republicans' popularity in primaries fade. Fox focuses their propaganda on the top polling candidate and builds them up to be more than they actually are. These voters then become disenchanted by them and focus their support elsewhere.

And that is "small" influence.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Billy knows it.....

You are a fraud.

Accepted.
Actually what it is is a review, but I will concede it is mostly commentary. However it is commentary built on objective evidence.

It is commentary on the evidence. It draws conclusions beyond the evidence and attempts to pass them off as a study that shows the conclusion is valid.

Bartlett is a disaffected right winger...and are several others.

They don't like the way things are going fundamentally and are trying to change that.

While I respect that...they are no better than what they accuse FOX of doing.

You are a fraud.

Accepted.

You need help.
Um yeah it does. It doesn't break it down by political orientation.

You are a fraud.

Accepted.

As the top rated network, it is prominent. It matters.

You are a fraud.

Accepted.

You need help.

Are we really playing this game.

If they are all republicans....your argument is super weak.

If some of them are not republicans....your argument is even weaker (if that is possible).

Cut the crapp and man up.

The OP is BS and your assertion is unsupportable.

You are a fraud.

Accepted.

As the top rated network, it is prominent. It matters.

I was quoting you...pinhead.

Do you think before you post ?

Accepted.

You need help.

If some of them are not republicans....your argument is even weaker (if that is possible).

Um no because the focus is on conservatives, not exclusively republicans. Obviously many independent conservatives watch Fox.

Accepted.

You need help.

Um no because the focus is on conservatives, not exclusively republicans. Obviously many independent conservatives watch Fox.

It only makes your argument that much weaker.

There more conservatives, many more, than what watch Fox News.

Less the possibility of Fox making a king.

You need help.

If it's the top rated news network and is mostly watched by conservatives, it obviously matters.

You need help.

If it's the top rated news network and is mostly watched by conservatives, it obviously matters.

That's a foolish connection.

What is the top watched liberal station...?

MSNBC.

On average...less than a million viewers.

2% of the voting population in national elections.

That really matters. :disbelief::disbelief::disbelief:

Forum List

Back