Students Ditch Their Phones For a Week, Report Feeling Happier & More Refreshed

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City

ā€œIā€™m having a lot of better relationships.ā€

Professor Donna Freitas questioned the damage smartphones were doing to young peopleā€™s lives.

ā€œThe fact that no one can focus, that my students canā€™t sleepā€¦ They feel bad about themselves because of social media, and the list goes on and on,ā€ she said.

Students came out of the experiment wanting to drastically cut their screen time and live more in the moment.

ā€œMy screen time is definitely going to go down, and Iā€™m going start to appreciate my surroundings more because usually Iā€™m looking at my screen all the time,ā€ Ashley Castillero said.

Maybe they actually paid attention to the world around them. And had the satisfaction of talking face-to-face with others.

I wonder how soon theyā€™ll revert to their old ways.

More @ Prison Planet.com Ā» Students Ditch Their Phones For a Week, Report Feeling Happier & More Refreshed

I think during my life time cheap commonly available cell phones created the biggest cultural change in the world. Even more so than computers or any other technology.

I also don't think it was for the good. It has destroyed a lot of personal relationships and replaced them with cyber relationships.

Forum List

Back