Stuck On A Deserted Island!

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
You're headed to a deserted island to live out the rest of your days. You will have the means to play music but you're limited as to how much you can bring.

You are allowed to take the COMPLETE WORKS of 5 of your favorite artists. That means that if you have a favorite artist who has played in more than one band then you can take any music that he or she participated in throughout his or her music career.

What 5 artists will you choose? Be wise in your choices. You will want music that is timeless and that you can listen to for years and years without getting bored with it.

My choices:

Eric Clapton (Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith, Solo career and more)
Joe Walsh (James Gang, The Eagles, and more)
Steely Dan (Just a great, timeless, classic rock band)
Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac, solo and more)
Elton John (We all know his talent and musical smorgasbord)

I picked these without putting too much thought into them. I love almost anything played by any of these artists.

Last edited:
You're headed to a deserted island to live out the rest of your days. You will have the means to play music but you're limited as to how much you can bring.

You are allowed to take the COMPLETE WORKS of 5 of your favorite artists. That means that if you have a favorite artist who has played in more than one band then you can take any music that he or she participated in throughout his or her music career.

What 5 artists will you choose? Be wise in your choices. You will want music that is timeless and that you can listen to for years and years without getting bored with it.

I wouldn't have the problem of making that choice...

I can pull up my favorite music in my head and play it from memory in perfect fidelity...

but, gotta admit, if I could bring the exterior means to play only one recording, it would be Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2... Emil Gilels on piano... with Fritz Reiner leading the Chicago Symphony Orchestra... recorded in 1958...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v55dc-MDU0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v55dc-MDU0[/ame]

1. Frank Zappa
2. Mozart
3. Led Zeppelin

1. Frank Zappa
2. Mozart
3. Led Zeppelin

You get two more. Zeppelin will always be one of my favorite all-time bands.

Forum List

Back