Straight Men & Women: What would you do....?

When I was a kid, I hitchhiked almost every day. We were miles away from schools and stores, so this is how I rolled. By the time I was entering the 8th grade, I started having to fend off child predators. It probably happened about 4 or 5 times until I reached a point where I bought my own car. I was a little guy, and predators know that kids are intimidated by adults, and try to use that as a tool. I, instinctively knew that they were actually ashamed of what they were doing, and could be easily backed down, by being assertive, myself. I knew exactly what a hand placed on my knee meant. One guy found out that he had picked up the wrong kid, when he came to a stop light, and I leaned over and turned off the car, took the keys, jumped out and ran, while throwing the keys into a sewer.

I often wonder how that fellow got home.

When I was a kid, I hitchhiked almost every day. We were miles away from schools and stores, so this is how I rolled. By the time I was entering the 8th grade, I started having to fend off child predators. It probably happened about 4 or 5 times until I reached a point where I bought my own car. I was a little guy, and predators know that kids are intimidated by adults, and try to use that as a tool. I, instinctively knew that they were actually ashamed of what they were doing, and could be easily backed down, by being assertive, myself. I knew exactly what a hand placed on my knee meant. One guy found out that he had picked up the wrong kid, when he came to a stop light, and I leaned over and turned off the car, took the keys, jumped out and ran, while throwing the keys into a sewer.

I often wonder how that fellow got home.

Well, unfortunately, some kids are not so lucky.

Sadly, times have changed. I never met a dangerous predator, myself. Then again, none of us in our house had a key to the front door. It was never locked.

......if a homosexual made a pass at you? asked you out, flirted with you etc.?

How do you think you would handle it? or
If it HAS happened to you, how did you handle it?

I was on a detail one weekend, while in the US Military Reserves. Ft. Meade, Maryland. President Clinton was having a hey day with the U.S. Armed Forces, and I went to Fort Meade to help disband ( move equipment.....ect ) a Special Forces ( US Army ) unit.

One of the guys was doing the playing homosexual thing. Shocked me, at times he was open about it. Walknig out of a restraint me and another guy were discussing the person...something about an incident involving the shower and the person in question. Walked abruptly into two or three civilians, as me and another Soldier was walking out of the restraint.... the civilians whom heard us talking, the female holding the door as we walked out...gasping. Litterly, the civilians came out of no where.

Same restaurant as I recall where a African-American Soldier had trouble getting food and he made the statement "I hate these hole in the wall restaurants." I believe that I.....or we was being watched, or "Under Surveillance", but that is just me.

It is odd, I will tell you. ESPECIALLY when one guy is as masculine as masculine can get, and another guy "hits on him." If it was ever overt on me.....there would probable be a fist fight.

What is even more miserable, is the ongoing and continuous bombardment, and years of pressure to use illegal drugs....mostly Marijuana, when people should know better. One should be able to look at most people, their profession, "THEIR PROFESSIONALISM", their manner, demeanor and attitude.....and know that they don't use drugs, or "Smoke Dope". Been there !

I have a former relative, now they are not due to a divorce.....and they are homosexual. I always acted calm and friendly around them, even though some other family members did not handle it as well.

I don't know if it is me, my ability to see right through certain things or not......but to me one thing stands out....and more than likely makes a guy "Homosexual". The eyes. hard for me to describe but the eyes at times can prove to me that a male is gay. Next is the voice, and thirdly is the posture. Not true for all homosexual men....but most. I can be around a guy for 2 minutes and make a determination that he is "light in the loafers" ; no mater hard they try to conceal it.

Shadow 355

Yanno...............I've been hit on by many of the same gender as me (don't judge, but on occasion I like to see the female impersonator acts at gay bars), and every time (except one) when I said that I was flattered but I was straight, they left me alone.

On the one time that they didn't get the hint? Another gay man came over and said that I was his partner and to leave me alone. He then told me he knew I was straight and came over simply to rescue me.

I bought that man a beer.

I was on a detail one weekend, while in the US Military Reserves. Ft. Meade, Maryland. President Clinton was having a hey day with the U.S. Armed Forces, and I went to Fort Meade to help disband ( move equipment.....ect ) a Special Forces ( US Army ) unit.

One of the guys was doing the playing homosexual thing. Shocked me, at times he was open about it. Walknig out of a restraint me and another guy were discussing the person...something about an incident involving the shower and the person in question. Walked abruptly into two or three civilians, as me and another Soldier was walking out of the restraint.... the civilians whom heard us talking, the female holding the door as we walked out...gasping. Litterly, the civilians came out of no where.

Same restaurant as I recall where a African-American Soldier had trouble getting food and he made the statement "I hate these hole in the wall restaurants." I believe that I.....or we was being watched, or "Under Surveillance", but that is just me.

It is odd, I will tell you. ESPECIALLY when one guy is as masculine as masculine can get, and another guy "hits on him." If it was ever overt on me.....there would probable be a fist fight.

What is even more miserable, is the ongoing and continuous bombardment, and years of pressure to use illegal drugs....mostly Marijuana, when people should know better. One should be able to look at most people, their profession, "THEIR PROFESSIONALISM", their manner, demeanor and attitude.....and know that they don't use drugs, or "Smoke Dope". Been there !

I have a former relative, now they are not due to a divorce.....and they are homosexual. I always acted calm and friendly around them, even though some other family members did not handle it as well.

I don't know if it is me, my ability to see right through certain things or not......but to me one thing stands out....and more than likely makes a guy "Homosexual". The eyes. hard for me to describe but the eyes at times can prove to me that a male is gay. Next is the voice, and thirdly is the posture. Not true for all homosexual men....but most. I can be around a guy for 2 minutes and make a determination that he is "light in the loafers" ; no mater hard they try to conceal it.

Shadow 355

"Litterly?" :lol:

Shadow 355

"Light in the Loafers"... LOL! To me it's body language. My husband said their mouths are a certain shape? I think he just says that to be mean!

"Light in the Loafers"... LOL! To me it's body language. My husband said their mouths are a certain shape? I think he just says that to be mean!

For most - it is demeanor & eyes. Body build....they like working out....and with a defined body they have a tan, a tan is a must, Quite a few really care about their hair and hair style. Don't touch the hair.

I had a guy, a truck driver inside Gate One, where I work...about June of the year 2001 - on day shift. He reeked of homo, even with his cowboy hat. He kept staring at me like I was a steak sandwich. His prying eyes and staring made me somewhat raise my voice. He did not like it. About 5'6" tall, and he might have weighed 110 pounds. I outweigh him and tower over him by more than that. Voice control, like we are taught in the Military...worked.

As I recall he came back about two months later, but he was more careful where he looked. And he made his signing in at the gate short and sweet.

Shadow 355

He kept staring at me like I was a steak sandwich

When I was younger and we used to go out to bars constantly, I had a friend that called this "gay-dar" (vs. radar) for being able to "tell" if someone was a homosexual or not....

Love this line above from your post! Hilarious!

I had two openly homosexual classmates in college. I very politely informed them both that if I ever thought they were hitting on me that they'd wake up in the hospital. Thankfully it never ended up being a problem.

I had two openly homosexual classmates in college. I very politely informed them both that if I ever thought they were hitting on me that they'd wake up in the hospital. Thankfully it never ended up being a problem.

Why would you want to hurt them?
I think if I were a guy I would get angry because, if someone saw a gay person hitting on me they might assume I was gay also - by being aggressive and retaliatory, that would (I would think) eliminate any doubt....

Why would you want to hurt them?
I think if I were a guy I would get angry because, if someone saw a gay person hitting on me they might assume I was gay also - by being aggressive and retaliatory, that would (I would think) eliminate any doubt....

I make it a point to try to avoid being around people whose morals I disagree with. In that case I couldn't avoid them, so I made it very clear that I did not agree with or accept their morality/lifestlye. I did it in as polite a manner as I possibly could, and privately, At that point, if something happened, I would have to assume that it was effectively an intentional aggression against my values and morals; something I will always react to with force.

If someone's that concerned with what others think about something so easily disproven they have problems above and beyond having gays hitting on them.

Should be flattered if a gay/lesbian hits on you. As the line from "Red Dwarf" goes from "Cat," "Buddy, I have a body that makes men wet." :)

Why should you be flattered? Some people will hit on just about anything and everything, that is especially true for men. :D

Majority of gay men and lesbians want very masculine or feminine lovers. If one hits on you you must have the kind of beauty or appeal idealized by gays and lesbians.

No one ever wrote about idealizing the beauty of trailer park people. :) Greeks did write about the beauty of gay men and women though. And they musta been right because we now study those writings in college. No one studies white trash. :)

Well, I disagree. I think a lot of people just aren't very particular and horny. :lol: Look at you and your love affair with your own hand! :p

Better to take advantage of ourselves than involve another person's feelings, hopes, and emotions. If I"m just horny, better me than someone who perhaps thinks of it as being more emtoinally-involved. I regard recreational sex as others regard social hugging. It's fun and beneficial but doesn't mean I wanna live together or get married.

Well, the point I am trying to make here is that some people (especially men) are not very particular when it comes to a sexual partner. True or false? :)
Don't men just need a place not a reason? LOL

Well I would think women would have more of a handle on this than men. Most men have never had to deal with unwanted advances, while every woman I know has had to.

So true story- a coworker of mine- who happened to be gay- invited me to watch a 49'rs game at his favorite bar with him. This guy was great fun- so I said sure. We met down at his bar- which happened to be yes- a gay bar, filled full of gay football fans.

Great game- incredibly enthusiastic crowd. And I probably had my ass grabbed or patted about 3 times.

How did I react? I would look at the guy and just break out laughing- it was immediately apparent to each of them I was not interested, and about an hour into the game, I was just one of the guys and no one was hitting on me anymore.

What I did get a sense of though- for the first time in my life- was what women must have to go through when hit on by guys. No pun intended, but what a pain in the ass.

However, for me- since I was at least as big as any guy who hit on me- I never felt physically threatened or intimidated in anyway- since most women are smaller than most of the men that hit on them- I would think this would be harder for women.

I've heard men talk saying if a homosexual tried to hit on them they would punch them.
To me, that is homophobic behavior. Why would you want to hit them?

What is someone was more aggressive and kiss you or grabbed your butt?
Is hitting someone even in that circumstance warranted? If not, what would be an appropriate reaction?

I answered this somewhat in my first response- but what is the appropriate response by a woman to a guy who is hitting on her? It should be no different for a guy who is being hit on by a guy.

I have a story about this kind of situation. My cousin was a member of a Pearl Jam tribute band, so my ex and I went to a local bar/club to watch him and his band play. They were pretty popular at the time locally, so the place was packed and it was loud. We started talking to this lady who was sitting next to us and had some drinks. Then, she said something, and I couldn't hear her, so I moved in close to hear her, and she stuck her tongue in my ear!!! I just pulled away from her and was surprised and kind of grossed out. I don't really enjoy wet willies. :lol: Later on, when I told me ex about that, he said that she did it to him too! Lol. She was then trying to talk us into coming over to her house afterwards, but we declined. She was kind of strange, her name was "Breeze" and she was from Tennessee. Probably a conservative Christian republican. :wink_2:

Yeah, we're all closet bisexuals! Busted!!!

I knew it!

I've heard men talk saying if a homosexual tried to hit on them they would punch them.
To me, that is homophobic behavior. Why would you want to hit them?

What is someone was more aggressive and kiss you or grabbed your butt?
Is hitting someone even in that circumstance warranted? If not, what would be an appropriate reaction?

I answered this somewhat in my first response- but what is the appropriate response by a woman to a guy who is hitting on her? It should be no different for a guy who is being hit on by a guy.

Even if you say "no" nicely, some people are just going to get offended or upset no matter what....

Well I would think women would have more of a handle on this than men. Most men have never had to deal with unwanted advances, while every woman I know has had to.

So true story- a coworker of mine- who happened to be gay- invited me to watch a 49'rs game at his favorite bar with him. This guy was great fun- so I said sure. We met down at his bar- which happened to be yes- a gay bar, filled full of gay football fans.

Great game- incredibly enthusiastic crowd. And I probably had my ass grabbed or patted about 3 times.

How did I react? I would look at the guy and just break out laughing- it was immediately apparent to each of them I was not interested, and about an hour into the game, I was just one of the guys and no one was hitting on me anymore.

What I did get a sense of though- for the first time in my life- was what women must have to go through when hit on by guys. No pun intended, but what a pain in the ass.

However, for me- since I was at least as big as any guy who hit on me- I never felt physically threatened or intimidated in anyway- since most women are smaller than most of the men that hit on them- I would think this would be harder for women.

As a woman, I never fear turning a guy down for "physical" retaliation. So, their size has nothing to do with it.

It's more the being put in a position to have to "reject" someone. BUT, men are not mind readers, so, I guess they feel like if they are attracted to you, they need to give it the old "college try".....

I have found that you should not even look someone's direction (and, certainly DON"T make eye contact) if you are not interested... especially in a bar!

Why should you be flattered? Some people will hit on just about anything and everything, that is especially true for men. :D

Majority of gay men and lesbians want very masculine or feminine lovers. If one hits on you you must have the kind of beauty or appeal idealized by gays and lesbians.

No one ever wrote about idealizing the beauty of trailer park people. :) Greeks did write about the beauty of gay men and women though. And they musta been right because we now study those writings in college. No one studies white trash. :)

Well, I disagree. I think a lot of people just aren't very particular and horny. :lol: Look at you and your love affair with your own hand! :p

Better to take advantage of ourselves than involve another person's feelings, hopes, and emotions. If I"m just horny, better me than someone who perhaps thinks of it as being more emtoinally-involved. I regard recreational sex as others regard social hugging. It's fun and beneficial but doesn't mean I wanna live together or get married.

Well, the point I am trying to make here is that some people (especially men) are not very particular when it comes to a sexual partner. True or false? :)
Don't men just need a place not a reason? LOL

This is what I imagine goes through a guys mind ......

As He's Sitting In A Bar
She's cute, it would be fun to have sex with her. OH! She looked at me. I'll go talk to her. (He approaches her ... conversation starts and goes on, she's not brushing him off...) - drinking, etc. ensues... Guy is like, "Eh, she's not as great as I first thought, but still, sex would be fun so, I've invested this much time, so, may at least keep hanging with her and see if I can get laid...."

Forum List

Back