Marriage - Is this a realstic "Men's View"?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
From the movie "Knocked Up" - do you think this is a realistic view of how men view marriage and/or the differences between men and women?

i like men....i like being married....perhaps i just got lucky with my selection of men....i dont think so.....basically i think most men are very good people

From the movie "Knocked Up" - do you think this is a realistic view of how men view marriage and/or the differences between men and women?

Marriage with kids is a prison all in itself, and not to mention the slavery aspect of it?

Looks to me that the guys in the clip were simply stating that when baby is on the way it's time to give up childhood fantasies and accept adult responsibilities.

Nothing in movies especially tortured so called comedies that comments on what men think is ever correct.

I love being married. My wife is the single most precious thing in my life

Men are human canines, ladies, and only partially trainable. Good food helps. A lot.

when you are married ....you got a team...and you know that they are there for you....he goes with me for every scope...when he needed to rehab...he knew i would be there....i will never forgot when the social worker informs us that someone had mentioned that we might not be the best team for rehab...okay we had a major brawl in his hospital room....i would guess to them it looked major...he was all on drugs...and dropping the f bomb...i told him to hush with that and he told me to fuck off....o hell no....voices were raised and this what they heard me say

'tell me to fuck off again and you have gotten a one way ticket to rehab in winston for 3 fucking weeks, if that what you want asshole"

they expressed concerns....about his safety with me....and my hubby even in his narcotic state goes...".she just talks that way....i am going home with her"...it was so touching to hear him defend me and tell them he was going home with me...period...

and that is kinda what marriage is all about....i understand why the women on the titantic stayed with their husbands....and on other days...i get deadly women....

Nothing in movies especially tortured so called comedies that comments on what men think is ever correct.

and that is one thing i have always admired about you skull......you are bad ass when it comes to your lady and you make no bones about it....in the years i have heard you go on about this and that....you have never expressed on negative word about your wife....you always speak of her highly and make it clear.....you will do anything to keep her safe and secure...you iz good peeps...you politics ehhh but your love of the wife...

and that is one thing i have always admired about you skull......you are bad ass when it comes to your lady and you make no bones about it....in the years i have heard you go on about this and that....you have never expressed on negative word about your wife....you always speak of her highly and make it clear.....you will do anything to keep her safe and secure...you iz good peeps...you politics ehhh but your love of the wife...

Thanks, Bones

I love this scene.... I guess we are all different. My husband is nothing like this, but have talked to many guys who are - I wonder what movie most realistically portrays relationships.

I love this scene.... I guess we are all different. My husband is nothing like this, but have talked to many guys who are - I wonder what movie most realistically portrays relationships.
When I found out that my first wife was pregnant we both loaded up the station wagon and drove to Colorado, sleeping the the back of the wagon with every blanket and sleeping bag we owned.. We both knew that we would later be putting all our energies and time into our new baby..That was 1983 and I have yet to take a vacation while raising a child....

Looks to me that the guys in the clip were simply stating that when baby is on the way it's time to give up childhood fantasies and accept adult responsibilities.
Becoming a parent can make you grow up very quickly.

Or not... sometimes you just use the TV and video games as baby sitters and keep doing what you do. Or let your wife do everything..............

Or not... sometimes you just use the TV and video games as baby sitters and keep doing what you do. Or let your wife do everything..............
There are women that will do that...??

<raising hand> but you're too late... I'm already married ;)

<raising hand> but you're too late... I'm already married ;)
Just my luck...

Getting married (the first time) is a roll of the dice for most people, especially men. It can take months or years before you really know the other person. A lot of women are wack jobs who have the power to destroy a man's life on a whim or hormone malfunction. They get to keep the kids, the house and the car while the man is told to pound salt. Not speaking from personal experience, but from observation and practice.

Forum List

Back